***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,090,975 Views | 46335 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Rossticus
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's also ridiculous in that you can't mount an offensive with cheap artillery alone. It simply doesn't work that way.
Tanker123
JFABNRGR said:

FJB24 said:

Not sure this demographic ratio shift is true, but devastating if so.

Well I can't predict the final outcome on this terror operation started by russia but this guy didn't include the $500 drones that the Ukrainians have about perfected (on their own) and its about impossible to put a value on the power of will and the skill the Ukes have often displayed.

He also doesn't take into account the potential response by Poland, Romania, and the rest of Europe should orcs get to the western border.

That said he can go FO.

Carl Von Clausewitz opined there are three important components of war:

- Passion of the people.
- Military acumen.
- Rational government.

However, as many of us mentioned, the Ukrainian military can't realize its full potential without a different suite of offensive weapons.

benchmark
AG
nortex97 said:

Nice summary, mostly right imho:
The implication being that a US/European isolationist response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine would have made the world a safer place vis-a-vis Russia and China?
Teslag
AG
Ya it's never been explained to us how letting Russia roll over Ukraine and taking the entire country somehow makes Russia and China weaker.
Gilligan
AG
Teslag said:

Ya it's never been explained to us how letting Russia roll over Ukraine and taking the entire country somehow makes Russia and China weaker.
I'd think letting RuZZia take over the world's "breadbasket" is a bad idea!
Tanker123
What is the latest on Kharkiv? I wonder how much munitions and ammunition Ukraine has at this point to continue the fight.
Waffledynamics
AG
Seems much more stabilized. Check map updates on https://liveuamap.com/ and https://deepstatemap.live/en#7/49.396/34.973 for more updates.
Tanker123
Waffledynamics said:

Seems much more stabilized. Check map updates on https://liveuamap.com/ and https://deepstatemap.live/en#7/49.396/34.973 for more updates.
Thank you sir. I have too many fires to focus much on the war.
agent-maroon
AG
Tanker123 said:

Thank you sir. I have too many fires to focus much on the war.

Yet, here we are...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ukraine hit a hospital in Vovchansk where Russians were gathering.

I found where it is. The hospital is Tsentr Pervynnoyi Medyko-Sanitarnoyi Dopomohy Vovchanskoho Rayonu. You can search it on Google Maps.
Tanker123
I can't visualize Ukraine winning the war without different types of offensive weapons - mostly aviation weapons systems.

Ukraine can't fight through Russian defensive lines nor go around them. Therefore, they must go over the Russians to take the fight to them in a manner that is on Ukraine's terms in regard to place and time in order to bring significant volumes of fire in close proximity of the Russians.
Waffledynamics
AG
Typical Russians looting in Vovchansk.

docb
AG
When the long wait for the F16s is finally over I hope they have an ample supply of JDAMS. Those things are devastating.
Tanker123
I wish we gave them F-16s, A-10s, and Apaches.
Waffledynamics
AG

This is in the Donetsk direction, where Russia continues to push.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That kid looks closer to 13 than 25
JFABNRGR
AG
Tanker123 said:

I can't visualize Ukraine winning the war without different types of offensive weapons - mostly aviation weapons systems.

Ukraine can't fight through Russian defensive lines nor go around them. Therefore, they must go over the Russians to take the fight to them in a manner that is on Ukraine's terms in regard to place and time in order to bring significant volumes of fire in close proximity of the Russians.

Well supposedly there is 50-100 drones hitting Crimea again right now.

They have also successfully hit targets over 1000km but I know what your saying.

In regards to your recommendations for further aircraft. I would in addition give them several hundred TLAMs. Let them hit every orc weapons plant, O&G refinery, every cruise missile launching platform, a couple of major logistics hubs, and if any left just for fun the kremlin along with any rathole putin likes to hide in.
Tanker123
JFABNRGR said:

Tanker123 said:

Well supposedly there is 50-100 drones hitting Crimea again right now.

They have also successfully hit targets over 1000km but I know what your saying.

In regards to your recommendations for further aircraft. I would in addition give them several hundred TLAMs. Let them hit every orc weapons plant, O&G refinery, every cruise missile launching platform, a couple of major logistics hubs, and if any left just for fun the kremlin along with any rathole putin likes to hide in.

Concur. Hit strategic targets.
nortex97
AG
Sitrep.

Another weekly summary (long). Dominic Cummings' public comments are pretty shocking.

Ramstein group meeting May 20th (presumably will go several days).
SamHou
If UKR can't take out the RUS aircraft launching the glide bombs, then they are screwed
sclaff
AG

sclaff
AG

sclaff
AG

JFABNRGR
AG
So far it looks like 2 refineries hit and a black sea minesweeper destroyed. Also SU25 shor down but the Ukes also lost a SU27 a couple days ago defending Karkiv.
74OA
AG
"American aid to Ukraine is flowing again."

"Ammunition has reached Ukrainian brigades and now those brigades are blasting Russian assault groups."

"The new mobilization law is in effect, fresh Ukrainian troops are undergoing training and new brigades are forming. Ukraine's fortunes are improving."

FINALLY
FJB24
This could be a big deal.

But doesn't most of the gas it stores/sells through to Europe come from…Russia?
Teslag
AG
So Russia blew up their own gas supply to Europe while Ukraine decimates their domestic refining?

Putin, ever the master strategist.
Tanker123
74OA said:

"American aid to Ukraine is flowing again." "Ammunition has reached Ukrainian brigades and now those brigades are blasting Russian assault groups." "The new mobilization law is in effect, fresh Ukrainian troops are undergoing training and new brigades are forming. Ukraine's fortunes are improving."

FINALLY

Wonderful!
74OA
AG
Understanding the plans to support Ukraine using Russia's frozen financial assets.

Two options. One provides Ukraine with ~$3.5B annually in interest earned from those Russian assets. The other gives Ukraine an immediate $50B loan from the G7 with the loan being repaid with the $3.5B in annual interest.

JUST DO IT

GAC06
AG
Teslag said:

So Russia blew up their own gas supply to Europe while Ukraine decimates their domestic refining?

Putin, ever the master strategist.

Perhaps Seymour Hersh will tell us that we actually blew it up
74OA
AG
FJB24 said:

EU countries planned to use the vast unused underground caverns at this site to store imported natural gas reserves for winter. This strike means Europe can't access any gas already in storage there and must now also find alternative and equally vast storage sites to stock before winter. If Putin wanted to maximize the impact of this to pressure Europe, he should have waited until the onset of winter to strike. Now the EU has six months to find a workaround.

STORAGE
fullback44
AG
I agree, doing this now gives the EU 6 -7 months to find an answer to the gas problem

But what a mess Europe has going on
Tanker123
In regard to drones, when have such a collection of nerds taken center stage and a prominent role in warfare? lol
Ag with kids
AG
74OA said:

FJB24 said:

EU countries plan to use the vast unused underground caverns at this site to store imported natural gas for winter. This strike means Europe can't access any gas already in storage there and must now also find alternative and equally vast storage sites to stock before winter. If Putin wanted to maximize the impact of this to pressure Europe, he should have waited until the onset of winter to strike. Now the EU has six months to find a workaround.

STORAGE
If only there was a country that had vast amounts of natural gas and was friendly to the EU...
agent-maroon
AG
fullback44 said:

I agree, doing this now gives the EU 6 -7 months to find an answer to the gas problem

But what a mess Europe has going on
Maybe putin didn't think this strike would be an option 6 months from now
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 1309 of 1325

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.