***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,106,222 Views | 46371 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Waffledynamics
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To help Ukraine why are we not putting serious sanctions on India who is second in line funding the war for Russia behind China? We are their biggest trading partner. Use some of those Billions to incentivize the pharma manufacturers to come back to the US. We need the jobs, and security that would bring. It would hurt Russia when India can't afford to buy the crude.

It goes without saying that having over 20 percent of medicines made only in China put us in a horrible defensive position. Get that business here as fast as possible. We are only helping fund Russia.

Business with the CHICOM's and India is bad for us and a whole lot worse for Ukraine.

Teslag
AG
That type of discussion belongs on the other thread. This is for tactical updates.
74OA
AG
The Kremlin is sounding a bit desperate at the moment. I too believe it was counting on a further delay or complete suspension of US aid to give it enough materiel advantage to knock out Ukraine before Europe can get its military-industrial act together and make up the difference. This aid package, along with Europe's contributions, should be enough to get Ukraine well into 2025 when Europe's ramped up production finally kicks in and analysts anticipate Russia will have shot its bolt.

74OA
AG
Teslag said:

That type of discussion belongs on the other thread. This is for tactical updates.
Agree regarding his tangential comment(s), but this is also for directly applicable strategic updates. See OP.
Teslag
AG
Agree completely with that tweet. Russia 100% believed they could permanently thwart aid with their influencers like Moscow Marge. They underestimated Johnson and it's going to prove disastrous. There's a reason their propaganda efforts to undermine aid were so feverish and erratic the last few weeks.
74OA
AG
Teslag said:

Agree completely with that tweet. Russia 100% believed they could permanently thwart aid with their influencers like Moscow Marge. They underestimated Johnson and it's going to prove disastrous. There's a reason their propaganda efforts to undermine aid were so feverish and erratic the last few weeks.
........and the Russian outrage today is a solid indicator that passing the aid bill was the right thing to do.
LMCane
it will be interesting to see how quickly our shipments can be airlifted to Poland now that the aid bill has passed. Hopefully will be seeing trains rolling east to Kyiv soon.
Waffledynamics
AG

Kinda wonder if you'll see Russia step on the gas. Could make for some spectacular losses on either side.
74OA
AG
LMCane said:

it will be interesting to see how quickly our shipments can be airlifted to Poland now that the aid bill has passed. Hopefully will be seeing trains rolling east to Kyiv soon.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian Ministry of Defense claims control over Novomykhailivka village

https://liveuamap.com/en/2024/22-april-russian-ministry-of-defense-claims-control-over
Waffledynamics
AG
Deepstate's map shows contested area in the Robotyne area that the AFU was able to reclaim in their failed offensive last year. I hadn't realized this. Looks like the lines have been stable there since 4/11.

I can't post a screenshot right now, unfortunately.
JFABNRGR
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

War is hell.
I dont have X which may show the translation if your a subscriber but if not this reddit version shows the translation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1c9qk3j/russian_servicemen_complain_about_being_destroyed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Also pretty cool to see a 16 shot HIMARS salvo. I believe this is from 3 units but hard to tell in the heavy cross wind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1ca79xx/simultaneous_launch_of_16_himars_there_must_be/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
2wealfth Man
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Agthatbuilds said:

War is hell.
I dont have X which may show the translation if your a subscriber but if not this reddit version shows the translation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1c9qk3j/russian_servicemen_complain_about_being_destroyed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Also pretty cool to see a 16 shot HIMARS salvo. I believe this is from 3 units but hard to tell in the heavy cross wind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1ca79xx/simultaneous_launch_of_16_himars_there_must_be/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
yet they keep finding folks to throw into these "offensives". It never ends.
JFABNRGR
AG
This is a pretty good listen on History and the importance of russia losing.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6EBR-VswEQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
RogerEnright
2wealfth Man said:

yet they keep finding folks to throw into these "offensives". It never ends.
I wondered if they were trying to push extra hard before the next wave of funding gets approved from the US. Grab as much land while there may be shortages.

It will be interesting if these offenses slow down in about a week or so when the aid package start arriving.
nortex97
AG
Smart guy, also an advisor of sorts to Zelensky so his bias is fairly clear. From the IG comments:
Quote:

I followed his Yale course on Ukrainian history. He would periodically require substitutes (they are excellent) because he was flying to Ukraine to meet with Zelenskyy.
He's right as well as to the European propensity toward wars (and all wars are wars of aggression). I haven't read up on Snyder, but this is interesting indeed from his speech/response;

Quote:

There isn't, there isn't a moment where we've done that. I think that's a lesson that we should learn, that whether Russia invaded Ukraine was not up to us, and what happens in the aftermath is also not up to us, not just in a moral sense, but also in a practical sense. It's unlikely that we're going to be able to affect it very much.

And so if we can't affect it very much, it shouldn't be the thing that is guiding us, because you shouldn't guide yourself into a place where you know you're going to be impotent.

So if we design our policy around trying to be sure that what happens in Russia is going to be a normal democratic regime change or something, you're then aiming for a place that you're never going to reach because it doesn't really exist.
Separately/notably, Kadyrov, who is absolute scum imho, does appear…close to death here, which I am pleased to share (this might cause a significant disruption in the Russian alliance/partnership etc.);

Kharkiv battle damage;

Jetpilot86
AG
It started the day after the bill passed.
fullback44
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

It started the day after the bill passed.
I would think the longer range weapons to take out Russian weapon stockpiles will be the first items delivered, get ready for videos of weapons piles blowing up
PJYoung
AG
"The allocation of military assistance by the United States to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan will aggravate the global crisis," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said in a post to messaging app Telegram.

Dmitry Medvedev, the former Russian president and current deputy chairman of Russia's security council, said the approval of new aid to Ukraine was "Russophobic" and would exacerbate "the number of victims of this war."

"I cannot with all sincerity not wish the United States to plunge into a new civil war as quickly as possible," Medvedev said on Telegram.
agent-maroon
AG
PJYoung said:

"The allocation of military assistance by the United States to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan will aggravate the global crisis," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said in a post to messaging app Telegram.

Dmitry Medvedev, the former Russian president and current deputy chairman of Russia's security council, said the approval of new aid to Ukraine was "Russophobic" and would exacerbate "the number of victims of this war."

"I cannot with all sincerity not wish the United States to plunge into a new civil war as quickly as possible," Medvedev said on Telegram.

Please remind us again about what started this "global crisis"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nortex97
AG

74OA
AG
US considering stationing nuclear weapons in Poland, plus other updates from the front.

Today's SITREP.
Teslag
AG
74OA said:

US considering stationing nuclear weapons in Poland, plus other updates from the front.

Today's SITREP.

Russia doesn't want NATO nukes on their border. So they will continue to make Ukraine a part of Russia and putting NATO nukes...

on their border.
P.U.T.U
AG
Don't think putting nukes on the Polish border is a good idea, at least until we get to 50+ we have in Turkey that is now a member of NATO in name only
74OA
AG
Ukraine is in a tough spot at the moment. Reloads cannot come too soon.

STRUGGLING
docb
AG
74OA said:

Ukraine is in a tough spot at the moment. Reloads cannot come too soon.

STRUGGLING
Hopefully they can quit rationing their artillery shells as much knowing that more is coming.
74OA
AG
An ancient battlefield tactic is still useful.

SMOKE
lb3
AG
If smoke becomes a problem they will need to employ thermal cameras on the drones. But would add up to ~$100 per drone.
TexAgBolter
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
are the gloves coming off
Waffledynamics
AG
I saw that news about the UK package earlier. Thanks for posting it.

Quote:

A US aid package worth $95 billion for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan receives enough votes in the Senate to be approved
https://liveuamap.com/en/2024/23-april-a-us-aid-package-worth-95-billion-for-ukraine-israel
Waffledynamics
AG
It's now official!

benchmark
AG
Good but probably not a gamechanger without knowing any details .... like what restrictions, what versions, and how many?

Teslag
AG
Anything that will force Russia to divert more efforts to covering the rear instead of projecting forward will be a good thing.
JFABNRGR
AG
Teslag said:

Anything that will force Russia to divert more efforts to covering the rear instead of projecting forward will be a good thing.

In almost a year of distant observations russia does not have the capability to stop an ATACAMs strike. Their only defense is to move what they can outside the 300k range and or to disburse assets which only works for mobile resources and only adds to their already poor logistics.
First Page Last Page
Page 1294 of 1326

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.