***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,549,475 Views | 47729 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agent-maroon said:

Cool. Where do they anticipate finding the fresh meat to "train"?
The gulag archipelago?
74OA
AG
Ukraine uses a light plane converted into a drone to strike at a key Russian drone factory. This is the classic "poor man's cruise missile" that NORAD has been worrying about for many decades.

HIT
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'd've thought this would have been done a long time ago...
nortex97
AG
It struck the dormitory next to the factory, injuring 2 people, apparently.

This is, yet, an effective way to divert/stretch air defense assets, agreed.
LMCane
74OA said:

Ukraine uses a light plane converted into a drone to strike at a key Russian drone factory. This is the classic "poor man's cruise missile" that NORAD has been worrying about for many decades.

HIT
more please!!
74OA
AG
More Caesar guns coming for Ukraine, but will there be enough shells for them to fire?

ARTILLERY

Miscellaneous notes from the front.

UPDATES
nortex97
AG
agent-maroon said:

Enlistments.

The Fife
Quote:

Feeble attempts to sow the discord in Russian society have produced the opposite effect on every step of NATO escalation ladder from arming the criminal regime in Kiev to committing atrocious terrorist acts on the territory of the Russian Federation.
When this is the second part of her tweet, I'm supposed to believe the first part of it for what reason now?
Waffledynamics
AG
Hopefully the Ukrainian ammo production is also increasing.
nortex97
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Hopefully the Ukrainian ammo production is also increasing.
It is, though not by that much. The Rheinmetall plant should/could open next year. Though domestic production is up I think they will be largely dependent on foreign aid for 155mm shells this year.
P.U.T.U
AG
So Russia added another 100k soldiers this year that willingly joined? Still seems they are getting rid of all of the undesirables, not sure how long they can keep doing this before it starts hurting their economy long term due to lack of work force.
sclaff
AG
Russia has an annual conscription anyway. Below is is Wikipedia's description:

As of 2021, all male citizens aged 1827 are subject to conscription for 1 year of active duty military service in the armed forces, but the precise number of conscripts for each of the recruitment campaigns, which are usually held twice annually, is prescribed by particular Presidential Decree
Teslag
AG
The Fife said:

Quote:

Feeble attempts to sow the discord in Russian society have produced the opposite effect on every step of NATO escalation ladder from arming the criminal regime in Kiev to committing atrocious terrorist acts on the territory of the Russian Federation.
When this is the second part of her tweet, I'm supposed to believe the first part of it for what reason now?

The Olga Bazova account is literal Russian government propaganda. All of her enlistment numbers are complete and total BS. To use it to refute anything here is laughable.
Naveronski
AG
Which could be interesting long term... what will be the effect of sending a generation of men to their deaths?
docb
AG

2023NCAggies
agent-maroon said:

After the Terror attack all Muslim immigrants must be put on the front line

No really, if I was them, I would keep emptying the prisons
PJYoung
AG
2023NCAggies said:

agent-maroon said:

After the Terror attack all Muslim immigrants must be put on the front line

No really, if I was them, I would keep emptying the prisons
Russia is so massive and backwards I think they can keep playing this game for much longer than our Western minds can fathom.

The long-term consequences are real but I don't think Putin gives two ****s about that.
MouthBQ98
AG
They are killing and maiming a generation or two of laborers/workers and fathers. This will damage them deeply and permanently. Eastern Russian regions will eventually fracture and separate, and Russia proper won't be able to stop it.
AgLA06
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

They are killing and maiming a generation or two of laborers/workers and fathers. This will damage them deeply and permanently. Eastern Russian regions will eventually fracture and separate, and Russia proper won't be able to stop it.
That's the dirty secret in this. If they don't succeed in taking Ukraine they most likely won't have the labor force or raw materials / resources to continue as they are today unless they import them from somewhere else. It's too late to correct the brain drain they experienced the last couple decades.

At some point the question becomes where is the breaking point to have to start throwing the white collar Russians from St. Petersburg and Moscow into the grinder before they take too many laborers and prisoners for their economy to continue?
txags92
AG
AgLA06 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

That's the dirty secret in this. If they don't succeed in taking Ukraine they most likely won't have the labor force or raw materials / resources to continue as they are today unless they import them from somewhere else. It's too late to correct the brain drain they experienced the last couple decades.

At some point the question becomes where is the breaking point to have to start throwing the white collar Russians from St. Petersburg and Moscow into the grinder before they take too many laborers and prisoners for their economy to continue?
They are probably still at a net positive based on all the kids they stole from eastern Ukraine to send to eastern Russia.
PJYoung
AG
AgLA06 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I read some article a few weeks ago that argued that Russia can't afford to win or lose this war. They are royally f-ed no matter what.

Quote:

Russia's economy can't afford to win or lose the war in Ukraine, one economist says. That's because Russia can't afford the cost of rebuilding and securing Ukraine. The cost of repairing its own nation is already "massive," Renaud Foucart says.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-ukraine-war-moscow-military-spending-inflation-worker-shortage-2024-2#:~:text=Russia's%20economy%20can't%20afford,massive%2C%22%20Renaud%20Foucart%20says.
P.U.T.U
AG
Last I heard they stole 900k-1mm kids and workers from eastern Ukraine. If that is the case they are about even between Russians that are no longer able to work, dead or injured, from war.
nortex97
AG
I agree it is a conundrum, particularly for their aristocratic types.

RGV ground mechanized assault this month in strategic developments of note;

Quote:

I broke the story of the first ever mechanized ground robot assault. Now, as promised, the story has been updated:
Quote:

The first drone assault attack in history!

In Berdychi, which is now being taken by Russian troops, field testing of a new promising Russian robotic platform took place.

As part of the combat mission, a group of assault drones took part in supporting the assault operations, ensuring the suppression of Ukrainian positions in the village using the installed AGS-17 grenade launcher modules, firing several hundred grenades. During combat use, drones showed good results. The drones were able to continue operating even in conditions where losses of personnel and expensive equipment from enemy fire would have been inevitable.

The experience gained in combat use will be taken into account for further production and development of the assault robotic platforms. The combat use of such drones in Berdychi is actually similar to the first tank attack during the First World War.

A successful tracked base has great potential for developing a robotic platform for assault with installation of various combat modules and support operations like transportation and installation of mines, evacuation of wounded, transportation of cargo and equipment.

In the future, such platforms will take their place on the battlefield. Despite the fact that there are similar developments in the USA, Britain and China, it was Russia that was the first to use a group of assault drones in a real war.

The future has already arrived.
It turns out the Russian project is producing much more of them than I thought:

We can officially state that the age of ground robot combat has now begun, with Russia inaugurating it with this historic first foray. Unfortunately, it's clear to see the type of madness the near future will hold, as Ukrainian FPVs were able to waylay the robotic UGVs just as readily as they do sluggish foot soldiers:

While the results remain inconclusive, it's clear that ground combat will steadily transition to UGV augmented assaults either way. The big concern, as always, is that things will devolve into another set of WWI-like positional stalemates, just this time with robots.
74OA
AG
Zelensky lowers conscription age and other notes from the front.

UPDATES
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Quote:

I broke the story of the first ever mechanized ground robot assault. Now, as promised, the story has been updated:
Quote:

In Berdychi, which is now being taken by Russian troops, field testing of a new promising Russian robotic platform took place.

As part of the combat mission, a group of assault drones took part in supporting the assault operations, ensuring the suppression of Ukrainian positions in the village using the installed AGS-17 grenade launcher modules, firing several hundred grenades. During combat use, drones showed good results. The drones were able to continue operating even in conditions where losses of personnel and expensive equipment from enemy fire would have been inevitable.

The experience gained in combat use will be taken into account for further production and development of the assault robotic platforms. The combat use of such drones in Berdychi is actually similar to the first tank attack during the First World War.

A successful tracked base has great potential for developing a robotic platform for assault with installation of various combat modules and support operations like transportation and installation of mines, evacuation of wounded, transportation of cargo and equipment.

In the future, such platforms will take their place on the battlefield. Despite the fact that there are similar developments in the USA, Britain and China, it was Russia that was the first to use a group of assault drones in a real war.

We can officially state that the age of ground robot combat has now begun, with Russia inaugurating it with this historic first foray. Unfortunately, it's clear to see the type of madness the near future will hold, as Ukrainian FPVs were able to waylay the robotic UGVs just as readily as they do sluggish foot soldiers:

While the results remain inconclusive, it's clear that ground combat will steadily transition to UGV augmented assaults either way. The big concern, as always, is that things will devolve into another set of WWI-like positional stalemates, just this time with robots.

[Instead of broadly claiming that a source is probably wrong, put the effort into demonstrating that specific elements are incorrect, or don't post such an accusatory rebuttal -- Staff]
sclaff
AG
74OA said:

UPDATES
here ya go, from the aforementioned updates

"The Russian Defense Ministry has said that more than 100,000 people have enlisted to join the Russian military forces since the beginning of the year.

It said that some 16,000 had signed up in the past 10 days, citing the deadly attack on a concert hall in Moscow last month as the reason. Russia has blamed Ukraine for the attack which was claimed by so-called Islamic State".

lb3
AG
74OA said:

UPDATES
Reduced conscription age from 27 to 25. They can't be hurting that much if they aren't even in the teens yet.

I have an uncle who served in WWII at age 14.
74OA
AG
sclaff said:

74OA said:

UPDATES

"The Russian Defense Ministry has said that more than 100,000 people have enlisted to join the Russian military forces since the beginning of the year.

It said that some 16,000 had signed up in the past 10 days, citing the deadly attack on a concert hall in Moscow last month as the reason. Russia has blamed Ukraine for the attack which was claimed by so-called Islamic State".

Again, I wouldn't blindly accept anything the Kremlin says. Russia recently called up a large class of annual conscripts, but that's hardly voluntary enlistment.
Teslag
AG
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Quote:

[Instead of broadly claiming that a source is probably wrong, put the effort into demonstrating that specific elements are incorrect, or don't post such an accusatory rebuttal -- Staff]

My mistake. I guess we have two threads now for unchecked Russian government propaganda.

[We suggested you put effort into refuting someone's post with specific examples instead of a broad slander approach. If your response is to insult moderation instead, then you clearly didn't absorb the message, either from this interaction or your recent timeout for similar behavior. Try some more time -- Staff]
sclaff
AG
Munson is laughing at 16,0000 that joined.... if like you said, they really did
txags92
AG
sclaff said:

74OA said:

UPDATES

That Russia would see an increase in volunteers after blaming the attack on Ukraine is entirely predictable and is a prime reason to believe that there is no way Ukraine or the US would be involved in paying for or organizing such an attack. I don't believe their numbers, but I absolutely believe they saw an uptick in the number of volunteers.
BQwolf05
AG
Listened to this podcast the other day: Conned into the Russian army.

Talks about how they are conning people from places in India to sign up for "security" but are being sent to the front lines.
2023NCAggies
lb3 said:

74OA said:

UPDATES
Reduced conscription age from 27 to 25. They can't be hurting that much if they aren't even in the teens yet.

I have an uncle who served in WWII at age 14.
Pretty stupid, in my opinion. How have they not lowered it to 18? That could add 1,000,000 troops possibly

I do not think the younger Ukraine people care to fight
2023NCAggies
MouthBQ98 said:

After WW2 our men came home and had a lot of sex and as a result, a lot of kids.

Might happen for Russia after this war

ABATTBQ11
AG
2023NCAggies said:

MouthBQ98 said:

After WW2 our men came home and had a lot of sex and as a result, a lot of kids.

Might happen for Russia after this war

Well, they also had a generation of incredible economic prosperity, too...
First Page Last Page
Page 1286 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.