***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,956 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know what is going on in Avdiivka but I suspect some COL or LTC has been given a death threat for his family and mistress if they don't capture it. In the end I suspect he will not make it back to fall off any high balconies but again from an anonymous Ukrainian Soldier.

"We are lucky they are so ****ing stupid"

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/17c7pey/more_russia_losses_avdiivka_direction/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/17c577o/another_failed_attack_towards_avdiivka/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

TOS-1 Vaporized but not sure this is Avdiika.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/17c8zda/tos1a_vaporized_by_fpv_drone/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Pizza
PJYoung said:

Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
74OA
AG
Yet another indicator of the slow crumbling of Russia's economy.

"A Russian federal subject (region) is attempting to compensate for labor shortages in its defense sector by spearheading an initiative to allow some minors to work in hazardous conditions. The Republic of Tatarstan is preparing a proposal to amend its labor code to allow Russian minors aged 16-18 to work in hazardous conditions under a fixed-term contract due to personnel shortages. The Russian State Duma Committee on Labor, Social Policy, and Veterans' Affairs Yaroslav Nilov expressed support for allowing some teenagers to work at defense enterprises and noted labor shortages across the industry, including at aircraft manufacturing plants and at small-arms manufacturer Kalashnikov Concern. Russian newswire Kommersant noted that the proposal calls on the Russian federal government to resolve contradictions in federal child labor policies, and such a resolution would likely allow other federal subjects to pass similar legislation to the Tatarstan proposal. Tatarstan also notably houses a Shahed drone production plant, and there have been reports that college students are working at the plant. This law may allow Russian authorities to exploit child labor for the production of Shahed drones."

ISW
Rossticus
Rossticus
LMCane
AgLA06
AG
LMCane said:

I saw that. Pretty nuts.

It would be like us losing an entire combat aviation battalion (ish).
ABATTBQ11
AG

I think it's safe to say the avionics and fire control components might have some issues if they can even get it off the ground.
Rossticus
Rollup: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1715279799482982416.html

Rossticus
2wealfth Man
AG
Rossticus said:

those TOS's always seem to go off spectacularly when hit.
PJYoung
AG
Whatever the Russians have screwed up this war you have to give them credit for knowing how to blow up.

A+, 5 star explosions.
JFABNRGR
AG
21 Helos, a Panstir, and the munitions bunker for the Helos plus all of the Armor lost just in Avdiinka.

Those losses are massive on a financial scale and have significantly degraded orcs ability to continue defense of their land grab and degrade their abilities elsewhere.

I am very satisfied with such use of our weapons as intended, just regret not buying some MIC stocks 20 months ago.
DCPD158
AG
JFABNRGR said:

21 Helos, a Panstir, and the munitions bunker for the Helos plus all of the Armor lost just in Avdiinka.

Those losses are massive on a financial scale and have significantly degraded orcs ability to continue defense of their land grab and degrade their abilities elsewhere.

I am very satisfied with such use of our weapons as intended, just regret not buying some MIC stocks 20 months ago.

And this is our "Overstock.com" stuff. Think about what happens if we use the shiny new stuff.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Counterpoint
AG
DCPD158 said:

JFABNRGR said:

And this is our "Overstock.com" stuff. Think about what happens if we use the shiny new stuff.

Overstock.com just changed their name to Bed Bath and Beyond, which makes your sentence and even better!
USAFAg
AG
Counterpoint said:

DCPD158 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Overstock.com just changed their name to Bed Bath and Beyond, which makes your sentence and even better!
Bloodbath and Beyond

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Rossticus
Rossticus
Gluttons for punishment

74OA
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Am I incorrect in my perception that they are fighting over much of the same territory over and over again?
74OA
AG
ATACMS arrival will likely force Russia into significant asset relocations further to the rear and other frontline notes.

Today's SITREP.
74OA
AG
aggiehawg said:

Am I incorrect in my perception that they are fighting over much of the same territory over and over again?
Applicable primarily in the far east (Donetsk), where Russia is attempting to regain territory lost during Ukraine's Kharkiv offensive last year. This has entailed repeated Russian attacks for many months over the same terrain with high losses and very little gain.

Most of the fighting elsewhere is Ukraine's slow grinding offensive in the south which is its first attempt to regain ground there.
aggiehawg
AG
Thank you. When I keep seeing the same names of cities and towns over and over again, I get confused as to who is advancing as opposed to retaking territory.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg said:

Thank you. When I keep seeing the same names of cities and towns over and over again, I get confused as to who is advancing as opposed to retaking territory.

Sometimes it also doesn't help when there are multiple cities by the same name. There are at least two of Opytne, for example--one near Bakhmut, and the other near Avdiivka.
aggiehawg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

aggiehawg said:

Sometimes it also doesn't help when there are multiple cities by the same name. There are at least two of Opytne, for example--one near Bakhmut, and the other near Avdiivka.
Well because of course. Bet FedEx gets frustrated with that.
74OA
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
benchmark
AG
Staggering ... and the 150-190k doesn't even include Wagner or their prison fodder. By comparison, our combined KIA for all wars since WW2 (~75 yrs) was 103k (Korea/Vietnam/Middle East).

B-1 83
AG
benchmark said:

Staggering ... and that doesn't include Wagner or their prison fodder. By comparison, our combined KIA for all wars since WW2 (~75 yrs) was 103k (Korea/Vietnam/Middle East).

I'm only half joking when I say there are folks in small Siberian towns who may not even know such a war is going on.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Rossticus
Long thread, but good. The following particularly stood out.

74OA
AG
Miscellaneous notes.

UPDATES
benchmark
AG
AgLA06
AG
benchmark said:

That's all great and I'm in full support....

But this line is a bit much.

"Ukrainian forces withstood what no one else could and held the main defence line"

Ukraine continues to impress, but they're still learning how to be a competent, cohesive army. Their offensive stumbles should have humbled these kind of responses a bit. When they can continue to grow and evolve into high level, coordinated maneuvers instead of isolated company or battalion level actions then you get to pound your chest some more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1227 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.