***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,272 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Squadron7 said:

Nagler said:

What does one do with a tank engine?

Name it Thomas?
P.U.T.U
AG
I would be interested to see more information about that machine, looks like a tank with an excavator shovel. Not sure of the exact concept of removing mines, especially tank mines.
74OA
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I would be interested to see more information about that machine, looks like a tank with an excavator shovel. Not sure of the exact concept of removing mines, especially tank mines.
RHINO
PJYoung
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
When eyes in the sky really matter. 40 meter tank on tank engagement! OLD FOOTAGE FROM OCT 2022.
Some of the comments state you can see ERA working but I am not familiar with it to tell but in this case I don't think in the end it protected the orc crew.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/16nsrx1/ukrainian_tank_hits_russian_tank_3_times_point/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

second angle

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/16nswn9/another_angle_of_ukraine_tank_taking_out_russian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
ABATTBQ11
AG
ERA basically blows up on contact to disrupt shaped charges or penetrators. However, you can only use it once before you lose the protection of the ERA after being hit by a projectile or warhead. At this close of a range, the Ukrainians could just hit the same spot twice pretty easily.
P.U.T.U
AG
74OA said:

P.U.T.U said:

RHINO

Quote:

The advanced engineering vehicles are built on a K1A1 main battle tank chassis and equipped with a powerful magnetic field generator to disable advanced mines.

Much more helpful than just a digger tank hybrid
Rossticus
Albania getting ballsy now…

Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
I thought Lavrov boycotted Zelensky's speech at the UN? Is that incorrect?
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

Interesting revelation. I wonder what it means
ABATTBQ11
AG
PJYoung said:

That's weird. Armenia is kind of pissed at the Russians too. If Azerbaijan killed 8 Russians, it seems they've somehow pissed off both sides.
bonfarr
AG
Waffledynamics said:

That's about a week supply of artillery shells at the rate the Ukes are firing. Does Ukraine also have domestic production of shells ?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
LMCane
PJYoung said:

it's a good start!!

LMCane
P.U.T.U said:

I think the ROK Rhino is designed for a multitude of different engineering add ons which can be tailored for the mission.

looks pretty great for dealing with all kinds of obstacles:

RogerEnright
Squadron7 said:

Nagler said:

What does one do with a tank engine?

Name it Thomas?
Logged in just to blue star this post!
LMCane
ABATTBQ11 said:

PJYoung said:

That's weird. Armenia is kind of pissed at the Russians too. If Azerbaijan killed 8 Russians, it seems they've somehow pissed off both sides.
Azeri forces in the last 24 hours attacked a group of Armenian "terrorists" in Nogorno Karabakh which is the disputed zone between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

supposedly in the last few hours a ceasefire went into effect.

not a surprise there would be Russkies there egging things on.
74OA
AG
Kiev unleashes a new wave of cruise missile attacks on Crimea and other notes from the front.

Today's SITREP.
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

I thought Lavrov boycotted Zelensky's speech at the UN? Is that incorrect?

He was directing the comment to the Russian UN ambassador (Nebenzya).
NoVAag91
AG
I appreciate the article. I've known of the destruction for a while now, and this provides some detailed analysis to those earlier photos.
Gordo14

I think we're about to see the next big push kick off. Saw evidence of more Russian positions taken near Verbove and this video. Add in the large cruise missile attack.
MouthBQ98
AG
Trade war: Ukraine Vs Polish farmers and workers, basically.
docb
AG
I think they will get the ATACMS eventually. Does it have to be announced? I wouldn't announce it until it hits its first target. This is war, right? They seem to be putting the storm shadow and scalp to good use. Hopefully they'll get some of the German version too at some point. I also wouldn't put it past Ukraine to have a fully functional missile domestically produced either. Hopefully we will see the progress ramp up again. There certainly were a lot of strikes in the past 24 hours.
pagerman @ work
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

We got rid of our old legacy eastern bloc weapons and we're backfilling with high end NATO goodies.
PJYoung
AG
Gordo14 said:

I think we're about to see the next big push kick off. Saw evidence of more Russian positions taken near Verbove and this video. Add in the large cruise missile attack.

TRM
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Rossticus said:

They've implemented a food import ban trying to lock up the farmers' vote and Zelenskyy threw a fit over it saying they're helping Russian buy not paying their grain.
txags92
AG
I suspect the poles have given away all the Soviet era weaponry that they had to spare and now they are focusing on things like ammo and artillery rounds and helping with repair and maintenance
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Air defense is active in several regions of Ukraine amid new wave of massive missile attack
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/21-september-air-defense-is-active-in-several-regions-of

Quote:

3 missile strikes at industrial properties in Drohobych of Lviv region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/21-september-3-missile-strikes-at-industrial-properties-in

These plus many more reports of damage throughout the country.
benchmark
AG
PJYoung said:

Who?mikejones!
Related to the previous Poland posts:

Ukraine losing its neighbor as a trusted ally is a tough one.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah. They need to make big gains soon. I think they can certainly do it given the time and materials, but they're losing support.
aezmvp
Stores, patience and support are not unlimited. I'm not entirely surprised by the timing here. I think Poland is looking at their budgets and while their economy is rapidly transforming and has grown hugely, they have resource needs to execute on their own self interest which is creating the most powerful conventional force in Europe. Full stop. It's ambitious and it needs a lot of resources that again, aren't unlimited. I suspect, because it's what I would do, they have completely reworked their national defense planning and are now building for an after the war. If the nuclear umbrella ever starts to break down I would expect that Poland would be in the top 5 nations to immediately go nuclear. I also wouldn't be surprised if there have been discussions in the Baltics and Finland.
Waffledynamics
AG
I wouldn't say Ukraine has lost its neighbor. It sounds more like Poland is saying they can't just give Ukraine everything they ask for all the time because they have to look after their own interests, too. It's probably also some pushback against Ukraine's grain deal squabbles. As was said before, Poland does not want to be caught flat-footed again, ever.
Eliminatus
AG
aezmvp said:

Stores, patience and support are not unlimited. I'm not entirely surprised by the timing here. I think Poland is looking at their budgets and while their economy is rapidly transforming and has grown hugely, they have resource needs to execute on their own self interest which is creating the most powerful conventional force in Europe. Full stop. It's ambitious and it needs a lot of resources that again, aren't unlimited. I suspect, because it's what I would do, they have completely reworked their national defense planning and are now building for an after the war. If the nuclear umbrella ever starts to break down I would expect that Poland would be in the top 5 nations to immediately go nuclear. I also wouldn't be surprised if there have been discussions in the Baltics and Finland.

It's also just a few weeks away from their Parliamentary elections and the political rhetoric has been kinda intense lately from what I can tell. Which of course pulls in stances of support on the war. I definitely think that has, at a minimum, some measure of effect here. Not to discuss the political stances of it, but also cannot ignore the effect of them completely either when looking at the big picture. Plus, Polish politics is pretty damn intimidating for an outsider. I attempted to learn up on it last year and quickly noped out of that. It's a rat nest of complexity. At least for me.

Just wanted to point out the timing of a lot of this discussion and how it pertains to their election cycle. They are not completely independent of each other IMO and may even be a principal driver of it.

My other post got scrubbed for some reason but like you say Poland is advancing on one of the most aggressive arming programs seen since WW2 and money is going to be tight in the very near future. Politics and money go hand in hand. Doesn't surprise me to see some of these videos coming out.
Eliminatus
AG
Also, per Newsweek, (lost the link on my phone sorry) the deputy commander of the Northern Fleet submarine forces was killed in that Azerbaijan incident the other day. His vehicle was ambushed and he died of gunshot wounds.

Just thought that was interesting. Not every day a very high ranking submarine officer dies in a shootout in the mountains.
First Page Last Page
Page 1209 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.