***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,295 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wonder if this is to help disguise how many guys are never going home
Ag In Ok
AG
Agreed. If you wanted to overthrow Putin while trying to keep Russia from utterly disintegrating, this would be a wise early move to make.
AgLA06
AG
I mean. It could have been any number of his local opposition, his inner circle deciding to behead the snake to save themselves, Russia itself if he didn't do what he was told, Ukraine, or any allied nation that was just tired of him.

My money is on someone local or Putin after the last coup attempt made by a supposed lap dog with too much control.
Who?mikejones!

ABATTBQ11
AG
What's the first tweet. Not loading for me
AgLA06
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Some private military force invaded and took control of a private oil refinery complex in Russia.
Capstone
AG
It's this…

Several dozen private security forces in camouflage seized the territory of the Dulisma oil company in the Irkutsk region. In the video from the scene, they shoot in the air and knock company employees to the ground

The capture of "Dulsima" occurred at the beginning of the week. Then armed private security forces landed on the territory of "Dulsima" with a helicopter. The video was filmed on the territory of a residential camp for company employees, located next to an oil refining installation. It is unknown in whose interests the enterprise was seized.

The Dulisma oil company is part of the assets of the former owner of Yugra Bank, Alexey Khotin. In 2019, the banker was placed under house arrest in connection with a criminal case of embezzlement of over 283 billion rubles. bankrupt bank "Ugra". Now the income from all assets of Khotin is turned to the benefit of the state. At the same time, Dulisma is in the process of bankruptcy, but a buyer for its debt has not yet been found.

The telegram channel VChK-OGPU names the temporary manager of the company, Alexander Zolotukhin, as the organizer of the seizure - the private security company helped him execute the court decision to transfer the assets of Dulsima to him. Zolotukhin and his partners allegedly plan to illegally sell the oil accumulated in the company's tanks.

Last December in the Urals, a similar forceful seizure of Khotin's oil assets occurred with his company Kayum Oil. At the end of August, the PravdaURFO publication wrote that the private security company, nicknamed "Khotin's Fighters," was preparing to return Kayum Oil to the banker's ownership - but instead, two weeks later, Khotin lost physical control over another company.
Who?mikejones!
What they said. I tried to re post ot but it still doesn't load.

I dunno why

JB!98
AG
AgLA06 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Some private military force invaded and took control of a private oil refinery complex in Russia.
This is some Red Storm Rising s*&t. (I kid, kinda)
GAC06
AG
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
agent-maroon
AG
Insert Seinfeld "That's a shame" gif
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
USAFAg
AG
74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Jeebus, was ready to puke with this guy. Poor damn infantry.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
benchmark
AG
Sobering but worth the read.

Der Spiegel: "Russia Doesn't Have a Good Strategy for Winning the War"
Quote:

DER SPIEGEL: What is the Russian strategy at this stage of the war?

Kofman: The Russian strategy is to extend the war. To make it costly. Going into next year, they'll try to focus on destroying Ukraine's viability as a state. They hope that they can slowly deplete Western political will. Russia doesn't have a good strategy for winning the war. Their forces truly lack offensive potential at this point. The likelihood of taking more Ukrainian territory is very low, even to reach the most minimal war aims of capturing the Donbas. But the Russian leadership has not given up on its goal to destroy Ukraine. And it is going to spend a lot of resources to do that.

DER SPIEGEL: Do they have the means to sustain this war for a long period?

Kofman: It's clear that for the coming year or two, they'll be able to sustain this war. And they're trying to get materiel and ammunition from other countries like Iran and North Korea. The materiel situation on the Russian side isn't great, but it is sufficient for them to be able to sustain fighting in the near term
JFABNRGR
AG
Waffledynamics said:

This is almost parity yet orcs are going backwards, which might indicate personnel losses might be 3:1 orcs to Ukes or worse; and this is from an entrenched position of advantage. If so we would need to look at the why. Straight INF on INF, drone strike advantages, western armor better protection or combination.
DCPD158
AG
Very telling since the Ukrainian forces have to advance through fixed/layered defenses.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
txags92
AG
DCPD158 said:

Very telling since the Ukrainian forces have to advance through fixed/layered defenses.
Exactly. At least 2-1 or 3-1 would be the normally expected rate for an advancing army attacking prepared defenses in depth. Less than 1-1 sounds wildly successful to me.
74OA
AG
Interesting. Has to be a great help maintaining the hodge-podge of equipment Ukraine is operating.

74OA
AG
Why the increasing attacks on Crimea are key to Ukraine's southern counterattack.

BACKDOOR
74OA
AG
More attacks on Russia's Black Sea fleet?

Today's SITREP.
agent-maroon
AG
Probably a stupid question, but how does having a 2nd towboat behind a ship in tow do anything good? Both pictures of the ships in tow had a towboat trailing the ship & towboat.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
I'm no sailor but in tight confines like a port, you would need the ability to pull a stricken vessel and to stop it.
agent-maroon
AG
You're right. Guess I'm used to seeing tugboats pushing the big boys rather than towboats pulling with cables. Doing the same thing but the pushing tugboats make more sense to me.
jbeaman88
AG
If you have no rudder control, whether that rudder is straight or askew, it gives you more steering control.
ABATTBQ11
AG
GAC06 said:

I'm no sailor but in tight confines like a port, you would need the ability to pull a stricken vessel and to stop it.

No idea, but these are pretty good primers on tugs. The entire channel is truly excellent for everything maritime.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
Rossticus said:

Wait... Haven't we been told time and time again that this whole thing was because of NATO expansion and how much Russia feared a NATO invasion? Is Russia so afraid of a NATO invasion that they're leaving their borders with NATO countries virtually undefended to preemptively stop a NATO invasion?
sclaff
AG
Good review of Black Sea drone vs ship warfare
- drone design is becoming more sophisticated
-production is ramping up
-damaged Russian ships cannot be repaired in Sevastopol because of dry dock destruction

Waffledynamics
AG
Reported 9 hours ago on LiveUAMap:

Quote:

Heavy shelling by Russian artillery at Opytne and Avdiyivka
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/17-september-heavy-shelling-by-russian-artillery-at-opytne

If they're shelling Opytne hard, that would suggest Russian control is rather tenuous.
agent-maroon
AG
Rossticus said:

Did the anticipated missile strike ever happen? Missed the headlines if it did
txags92
AG
Rossticus said:

The idea that the Russians would threaten the Ukrainian controlled coast line with an amphibious landing hasn't been a credible threat for over a year. They were stupi for leaving those ships out in the Black Sea to begin with. They are likely to be much more useful ferrying supplies across the Sea of Azov to areas where Ukrainian artillery and missile strikes have hampered Russian logistics
First Page Last Page
Page 1205 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.