***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,562,738 Views | 47754 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by 74OA
USAFAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

Rossticus said:

He must be speaking from his boat on a river in Egypt.

Da Nile?

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
docb
AG
Rossticus said:

If he was actually pointing out Russian defenses I don't think it would get posted for the whole world to see. Just playing games with the Russians.
Rossticus
Oh, for sure. This is absolutely to screw with the Russians and let them know that he's defected. Make them second guess themselves over the course of the near-term.
AgLA06
AG
Rossticus said:

Oh, for sure. This is absolutely to drew with the Russians and let them know that he's defected. Make them second guess themselves over the course of the near-term.

Or they already hit those positions and are just mind F'ing the Russians after for a cherry on top.
74OA
AG
74OA
AG
Today's very interesting SITREP.
Waffledynamics
AG

From your article. Thought this was indeed interesting.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Fire at supermarket in Odesa as result of Russian attack
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/14-august-fire-at-supermarket-in-odesa-as-result-of-russian

Odesa really needs better air defense.
bonfarr
AG
74OA said:

Who is releasing these types of videos? I don't think it's a good look to use POW videos for propaganda purposes.
Waffledynamics
AG
bonfarr said:

74OA said:

Who is releasing these types of videos? I don't think it's a good look to use POW videos for propaganda purposes.
Both sides regularly have done this. May not be the best practice, but it's a common feature in this conflict.
Not a Bot
AG
74OA
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Why is the flyer in English?
txags92
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Thinking they are going to recruit western mercs who would otherwise be headed to Ukraine??
74OA
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

I imagine because rather than print posters in dozens of languages, Wagner knows young people all across Europe speak/understand English. It's likely as much psyops as it is recruiting.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Thanks.
74OA
AG
Good example of how mine clearing is so hazardous, even while under armor.

BOOM
Rossticus
Rossticus
I'll believe it when they follow through but it's an interesting development, nonetheless.

Rossticus
Interesting interview, and tactically significant because of what they say about citizen informants in Russian occupied territory.

Rossticus
Not yet sold that Ukraine will be able to fully exploit the situation but at least there appears to be an opportunity.

AgLA06
AG
Rossticus said:

Not yet sold that Ukraine will be able to fully exploit the situation but at least there appears to be an opportunity.

I wish they'd hit this full throttle and make Russia choose whether to let them take ground on a second front or pull troops from the main defensive effort that is supposedly paper thin.
lb3
AG
AgLA06 said:

Rossticus said:

I wish they'd hit this full throttle and make Russia choose whether to let them take ground on a second front or pull troops from the main defensive effort that is supposedly paper thin.
I would like to see the Ukes start assembling a Dunkirk style fleet of civilian boats to threaten an amphibious landing in Crimea. Then when Russia is forced to pull their Black Sea fleet out of hiding, sink them all.
74OA
AG
I suspect the history of the Russian economy during this war will be a tale of steady, gradual decay and then sudden collapse. Patience.

RUBLE
SmallBusiness
"How did you go bankrupt?
Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly."

Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Rongagin71
AG
A teacher once told me that social structures often behave like ice cubes, meaning that change acts like gradual melting around the edges until a tipping point is reached and the cube melts rapidly.
lb sand
AG
User name checks out.
Waffledynamics
AG
Uke footage near Verbove. Doesn't seem like heavy fighting.

lb sand
AG
Link seems to be broken.
What's the backstory?
Waffledynamics
AG
It works for me. It's just Ukrainian troops moving uninterrupted through some areas in the Verbove region, which has been in the gray zone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GinMan
AG
https://x.com/liveukraine2022/status/1689619030624120832?s=46&t=uy7uZp0lkoxIvHM8oNDyAw
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

15 person wounded, widespread damage to civilian infrastructure as result of Russian missile strike in Lviv region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/15-august-15-person-wounded-widespread-damage-to-civilian
MouthBQ98
AG
The Russian have so wing like 200k to 300k in forces covering a pretty long exterior front and it isn't that deeply held by actual military forces. There are thinly occupied trench lines and lots of lines but while it is a deep layered defense, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of mobile reserves or heavily defended lines. Ukraine is spreading them thin and systematically causing supply and now artillery fire support problems and eventually they will push through.

If I were Ukraine I would be cobbling together any kind of force to cross the Dnipro in force under superior ranged artillery cover and make a bridgehead that can support ferries or vehicular traffic in a region that is largely not fortified and would therefore require much more in the way of defending forces to be allocated when available forces are already extremely limited.

That makes Russian lines necessarily too weak to hold somewhere, if not at the crossing point itself.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What is the latest on all those refugees?

Any update on that situation?

[Tom Petty's Refugee plays quietly in the background at a reasonable volume]
First Page Last Page
Page 1174 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.