***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,562,492 Views | 47754 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by 74OA
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah they've got like 300k guys covering 300-400 miles of front. They're using natural barriers like the Dnipro to augment that and force the Ukrainians into mine fields and troop/artillery concentrations. Crossing the Dnipro in force with any kind of armor support would be kind of like going through the Ardennes.
SouthTex99
AG
AgLA06
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yeah they've got like 300k guys covering 300-400 miles of front. They're using natural barriers like the Dnipro to augment that and force the Ukrainians into mine fields and troop/artillery concentrations. Crossing the Dnipro in force with any kind of armor support would be kind of like going through the Ardennes.
With a little planning, the Germans didn't have much problem except for petrol.

Something tells me the Russian's don't have anything close to the 101st to throw at a breakout either.
Waffledynamics
AG
Kinda a ballsy move.

Quote:

President Zelensky visited frontline at Orikhiv direction

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/15-august-president-zelensky-visited-frontline-at-orikhiv
74OA
AG
New $200M aid package funded by the Pentagon's earlier $6.2B accounting error.

WEAPONS
74OA
AG
The ruble continues its fall, now worth less than a penny.

"But the ruble's recent slide is an indication that the interlude of relative stability in the economy has passed. Russia is caught between fast-rising inflation and a government that needs to borrow and spend to keep up the war effort in Ukraine, a toxic mix for the economy. It also faces the mounting impact of sanctions and a drastic labor shortage."

COLLAPSE
P.U.T.U
AG
If I have time I will look it up this weekend but I think the original plan the Russian's had was working. Invest in futures and dividends on things like O&G to see an increase of income. The issue was Ukraine didn't fall and is still managing to keep Russia at bay. Russia does not release its true economic information and Putin is trying to save face.

There is no doubt that we are in another cold war with Russia and we may have stolen a playbook from the first cold war, outspend the Russians. The issue I see is China watching, learning, and planning. They are not in a good place either but Russia has proved itself to be a paper tiger and their currency is crumbling.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Something tells me the Russian's don't have anything close to the 101st to throw at a breakout either.

I was thinking more the beginning of the war when Germany went around the Maginot line and through the Ardennes. France thought it would be so hard to cross that they would have time to counter attack, but Germany did it quickly enough and in enough force that they were caught off guard.
AgLA06
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgLA06 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

I was thinking more the beginning of the war when Germany went around the Maginot line and through the Ardennes. France thought it would be so hard to cross that they would have time to counter attack, but Germany did it quickly enough and in enough force that they were caught off guard.
That works too!
74OA
AG
Kremlin forced to resort to sleeper cells and unofficial agents since Europe expelled almost 450 spies assigned to Russian embassies under diplomatic cover when the war started.

SPIES
74OA
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
S300 launchers and radars destroyed by HIMARS

Who?mikejones!
fullback44
AG
Sorry wrong thread
Bulldog73
AG
Def Mon on what one of the collaborators has to say:
Rossticus
FAAFO
GAC06
AG
I heard there were reports of Strykers and challengers in action. Anyone following closely seen this?
JFABNRGR
AG
The loss of 3 S300s and two radar stations ought to help the russian economy…..at least their booming MIC lol.
Gilligan
AG
GAC06 said:

I heard there were reports of Strykers and challengers in action. Anyone following closely seen this?

Moving into Robotyne with them.
Who?mikejones!
GAC06 said:

74OA
AG
Russia strikes Ukraine's grain infrastructure again and another ship attempts to run the blockade.

BLOCKADE
PJYoung
AG
LMCane
74OA said:

The ruble continues its fall, now worth less than a penny.

"But the ruble's recent slide is an indication that the interlude of relative stability in the economy has passed. Russia is caught between fast-rising inflation and a government that needs to borrow and spend to keep up the war effort in Ukraine, a toxic mix for the economy. It also faces the mounting impact of sanctions and a drastic labor shortage."

COLLAPSE
it's the potential labor shortage that has stopped Putie Pute from a massive draft.

that should squeeze their manpower problems even more over the next year.

by the end of the "special operation":

NATO will have increased in size all along Russia's borders, massively enhanced and built up their military striking power, Ukraine will be completely armed with NATO advanced weaponry, and the Russian army will have been devastated.

great job Russians!
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian defense forces have liberated Urozhayne

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/16-august-ukrainian-defense-forces-have-liberated-urozhayne
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/16-august-ukrainian-defense-forces-have-liberated-urozhayne
that's great news.

can anyone else confirm this would be on the EASTERN side of that river that runs all the way south towards Mariupol?

it seems the offensive has always been on the western side of the river, so this would be a huge victory allowing thrusts along both sides of the river line.

also, seems there has been good progress in the second salient heading towards Tokmak in the last week.

Slow and Steady
Waffledynamics
AG
Can't post a screenshot right now, but yes, that is on the Eastern side of that river. However, they were already on the other side of it to the North of the village.
Rossticus
https://x.com/noelreports/status/1691841537687113905
ABATTBQ11
AG
Probably fell through a broken window. Window quality control has really gone downhill since this war started. Must be the labor shortage.
Gilligan
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Probably fell through a broken window. Window quality control has really gone downhill since this war started. Must be the labor shortage.

Fell out of a 1st floor window hitting the back of his head hard onto two .22 bullets.

Of course no one saw a thing!
74OA
AG
74OA said:

Russia strikes Ukraine's grain infrastructure again and another ship attempts to run the blockade.

BLOCKADE
More on the freighter attempting to escape from Odesa.

HONG KONG
74OA
AG
Renewed accusations of Russian torture and mistreatment. Considering how brutally they treat their own soldiers, I suppose this shouldn't come as a surprise.

POWs
74OA
AG
New details on the recent successful USV attack on the Kerch Bridge.

SEA BABY
Eliminatus
AG
(Assisted) Death by "falling out of a window" is called defenestration.

Yes, there is an actual term for this event it has happened so many times. Been around for a while I think but learned it earlier during the initial invasion fiasco. Seems a high focal point of this occurrence in northern Asia….
fullback44
AG
74OA said:

Renewed accusations of Russian torture and mistreatment. Considering how brutally they treat their own soldiers, I suppose this shouldn't come as a surprise.

POWs

Man.. that's hard to read .. they are basically getting tortured while in captivity
10thYrSr
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

Looking at that map, does it show where Ukraine artillery is falling and how they are advancing or is this just a map of defense positions that have been hit?
First Page Last Page
Page 1175 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.