***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,417 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

Not a Bot said:

The mines are still a huge problem for Ukrainian advance. They are taking armor and IFV losses with every thrust.
That's modern warfare since WW2.
IEDs, boobytraps, EFPs, mines, you name it. Most people think its the cowards way to fight but there is a reason they are used, especially against a superior force.
JFABNRGR
AG
Reports on reddit they have taken the town of StaroMairoske In digging through the comments I found this very useful map. On the bottom left you can toggle orc fortifications, fires, radiation blast radius, and even weapon with specific munitions and create a range radius.

Kerch Bridge is in Storm Shadow range now but likely one way mission wont be long before SEAD can create a window of opportunity to bring pilots home safely after release.

At this rate in a couple of weeks both Tokmak and Komianka should be within typical artillery ranges...just need to keep russian drones out of the sky over the tubes. GLSDB munitions will save tons of armor once distributed allowing for safer mine clearing ops and clearing out orc indirect fires from mostly a position of safety.

https://deepstatemap.live/en#7/46.800/34.849

GLSDB supposed to be delivered in the fall. Using the above map I put M270 in Odessa and it can cover an awful lot of the Black Sea and all the way to Kherson. From Wiki:

In a 2017 demonstration, the GLSDB engaged a moving target at a distance of 100 km (62 mi). The SDB and rocket motor separated at altitude and the bomb used a semi-active laser (SAL) seeker to track and engage the target.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Launched_Small_Diameter_Bomb#cite_note-areuro-31][31][/url] A 2019 test extended this range to 130 km (81 mi) against a target at sea.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Launched_Small_Diameter_Bomb#cite_note-saabg-11][11][/url] The laser-guided SDB had previously been tested successfully using targets travelling at 50 miles per hour (80 km/h).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Launched_Small_Diameter_Bomb#cite_note-32][32][/url]
74OA
AG
P.U.T.U said:

AgLA06 said:

Not a Bot said:

The mines are still a huge problem for Ukrainian advance. They are taking armor and IFV losses with every thrust.
IEDs, boobytraps, EFPs, mines, you name it. Most people think its the cowards way to fight but there is a reason they are used, especially against a superior force.

Once this thing is over and Ukraine hopefully reoccupies its lost territory, I imagine the fortifications, minefields, barriers, traps, etc. it will likely construct on its border with Russia will make the Korean DMZ look like a playground.
Rossticus
"Unknown hackers who claim to be affiliated with the Wagner PMC group have taken down a satellite communications system used by the Russian military, and the system remains down."

https://www.bitdefender.com/blog/hotforsecurity/wagner-affiliated-hackers-likely-took-down-russian-satellite-isp/
Rossticus
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

"Confirmed: Metrics show a disruption to satellite internet provider Dozor-Teleport which supplies Russia's FSB, Gazprom, Rosatom and military installations; the incident comes amid a wave of cyberattacks by a group claiming affiliation with Wagner PMC," he explained.

There's no reaction from the Russian government, and it's unclear what Wagner would gain from this attack besides showing that they're still a force to be reckoned with giving the orcs a big middle finger.
FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJYoung
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Reports on reddit they have taken the town of StaroMairoske
This video has been floating around. NSFW at the very end with a dead Russian soldier shown.

That village is just gone along with most of the trees. Incredible destruction.

PJYoung
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
Normally I would be weary of battlefield pickups, doesn't look to be an issue here since those bodies have been dead for a while and most of the places to hide IEDs have been blown up
pagerman @ work
AG
USA*** said:

pagerman @ work said:

lb3 said:

Low level flight.

Looks like fun. Not exactly a glass/digital cockpit.
Looks like it might be a Hind cockpit

It's definitely a Hind. It's interesting to me that it doesn't appear to have been upgraded. I wonder how old it is.
Waffledynamics
AG
ConstructionAg01
AG
74OA said:

P.U.T.U said:

AgLA06 said:

Not a Bot said:

Once this thing is over and Ukraine hopefully reoccupies its lost territory, I imagine the fortifications, minefields, barriers, traps, etc. it will likely construct on its border with Russia will make the Korean DMZ look like a playground.
That's a damn good point. It will be a case study in border defenses.
74OA
AG
Battlefield updates including tit for tat missile strikes against cities on both sides of the border.

Today's SITREP.
PJYoung
AG

PJYoung
AG

PJYoung
AG

Not sure why that's not loading as a tweet.

PJYoung
AG
Teslag
AG
I've always believed that some cultures are simply superior to others. I've been told this is a racist view but modern Russians are as white as can be, and it's one of the worst cultures on the globe. Just broken and in many ways incompatible with superior western and Asian cultures.
Gradaggie05
AG
Generations of systematic government murder of literally millions of people with even the slightest inkling of rebellion has to have had an impact on population genetics.

Teslag said:

I've always believed that some cultures are simply superior to others. I've been told this is a racist view but modern Russians are as white as can be, and it's one of the worst cultures on the globe. Just broken and in many ways incompatible with superior western and Asian cultures.
AgLA06
AG
Russia is one big poultry farm just trying to get fat before getting slaughtered.
Not a Bot
AG
Poke_the_Bear
AG
Complete russian propaganda from a russian government supported twitter account.

Do you have an agenda?
74OA
AG
Encouraging, but still needs confirmation. Its loss would be a serious impediment to Russian resupply.

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
74OA said:

Encouraging, but still needs confirmation. Its loss would be a serious impediment to Russian resupply.

Not a Bot
AG

Just like all of the Storm Shadows were shot down before the bridge mysteriously fell on it's own today.

The South African President, one of the few allies and public supporters Putin has, has called for the grain deal to continue and for Russia to not blockade Ukraine. Putin trying to spin rise in African food prices as being "the West's" fault, but even SA not buying the line.
Not a Bot
AG
Poke_the_Bear said:

Complete russian propaganda from a russian government supported twitter account.

Do you have an agenda?
OSINTdefender is a Russian-supported Twitter account?

This isn't a "Go Ukraine Go" thread. This is a war update thread. Russia making (alleged) advances are just as worthy to be posted here and should be.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah that account is pretty neutral. You can doubt the report because it comes from the Russians, but the account is just reporting what they're officially saying.
74OA
AG
You'd think sending lots of drones to lay in wait in the sea lanes and harbor approaches would be a useful tactic. Perhaps design them with the ability to ballast well down in the water while loitering motionless to make them very difficult to detect until they suddenly accelerate against a passing target?

74OA
AG
North Korea supplying both sides in the war or just old munitions stocks?

Today's SITREP.
Gordo14
Not a Bot said:

Poke_the_Bear said:

Do you have an agenda?

This isn't a "Go Ukraine Go" thread. This is a war update thread. Russia making (alleged) advances are just as worthy to be posted here and should be.

Fair. But that account has posted verified false information that was straight from Russia propoganda a few times before. My bet is Ukraine had an operational pause for a day. I think I saw it was raining in South Ukraine somewhere FWIW
benchmark
AG
Not a Bot said:

Even ISW is taking note of the recent change in Russian information space. Blogger sourcing may not as reliable as it used to be.

Post removed:
by user
PJYoung
AG
Not a Bot said:

Nope.

lb3
AG
Russian fan fiction:
First Page Last Page
Page 1161 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.