***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,431 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reports of Uke advance to the main line of defense:
Not a Bot
AG

aezmvp
That's good news but there are a few more pretty developed lines behind it. They still need to advance 60 km to seriously threaten the East West transport without ATACMS. I do see a nice kessel forming NW of Polohy which is a good sign. That area is also bifurcated by a creek/river (not sure what width or depth on that thing is) but that always complicates evac and all of that area is already inside artillery range, I'd expect the Russians to pull back towards that town pretty significantly in the next 36 hours.
74OA
AG
Intense fighting all along the front as Ukraine presses southeast and the Russians counter northwest in an effort to divert Ukrainian resources.

Today's SITREP.
agcrock2005
AG
Does this belong here? I saw it so now you do too...
knj2417
AG
What says "no thank you, we dont want to be liberated" more that that right there
Gordo14

For people that took Hersh's stories (like Nordstream) seriously. He literally used a Russian phrase that isn't really spoken in English to describe Zelensky

This should be your takeaway
lb3
AG
2000AgPhD
agcrock2005 said:

Who said the Ukrainians are starving?
fullback44
AG
We need more videos like this in this thread .. it's definitely Ukraines fighting Russians .. good stuff
GAC06
AG
Gordo14 said:

For people that took Hersh's stories (like Nordstream) seriously. He literally used a Russian phrase that isn't really spoken in English to describe Zelensky

At least it's "another perspective"
AgLA06
AG
GAC06 said:

Gordo14 said:

At least it's "another perspective"

Gagger is going to be heartbroken.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Need to parachute about 5,000 clones of that black bikini behind the lines in Crimea…and wreck some ***t.
Waffledynamics
AG
Reminds me of this old commercial.

Also, perhaps I missed it if someone said this already, but:

Quote:

Ukrainian Defense Forces have liberated Staromayorske village near Velyka Novosilka
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-july-ukrainian-defense-forces-have-liberated-staromayorske

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Explosions and fire at oil depot in Shakhtarsk
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/28-july-explosions-and-fire-at-oil-depot-in-shakhtarsk

Maybe 50 or 60 km directly East of Donetsk City.

Quote:

Drone was reportedly shot down in Moscow overnight
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/28-july-drone-was-reportedly-shot-down-in-moscow-overnight
B-1 83
AG
Hmmmm…..I suspect that is a longer term training aspect than allotted right now. I have no firsthand knowledge, only what my father in law ('55) has told me from 105Gs years ago…….
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian military vessels threatening civilian vessels in Black Sea not to go to Ukrainian ports

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/28-july-russian-military-vessels-threatening-civilian-vessels
LMCane
sclaff said:

On Denys Davidov's telegram channel yesterday there is video of an Mi-8 within Russia

coming in to land in a dusty field and the sand must have fouled the rotors because it flips over and bursts into flames.

only the best equipment for Mother Russia!!
ABATTBQ11
AG
sclaff said:

Saw that taxiing and know exactly what was going to happen. What a shame....
PJYoung
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
The most aggressive side wins, pretty much. The losers are overwhelmed and start to feel isolated and panic that they are losing ground and have no way to retreat, and eventually individually and collectively decide they aren't dying for this and attempt to surrender if given an opportunity. If the Ukrainian can hack through this mess, they should find each successive defensive position weaker and generally manned by fewer and less capable defenders.

In fact I would suspect some of the trench lines are patrolled rather than completely manned and are paper thin, and Russia was hoping to withdraw forces back to defend them, given their own manpower limitations. A mobile force just might roll right through the rearward defense lines.
Waffledynamics
AG

PJYoung
AG

lb3
AG
Low level flight.
P.U.T.U
AG
Most anti aircraft systems and radars have a ceiling of 100ft which is the reason for the low flight. Downside in places like Ukraine you have systems like MANPADS that can take them down
docb
AG
lb3 said:

Low level flight.
Interesting that all the land the pilot flew over was planted. I'd think that would not be the case anywhere near the battle zone.
SouthTex99
AG
pagerman @ work
AG
lb3 said:

Low level flight.

Looks like fun. Not exactly a glass/digital cockpit.
USAFAg
AG
pagerman @ work said:

lb3 said:

Low level flight.

Looks like fun. Not exactly a glass/digital cockpit.
Looks like it might be a Hind cockpit

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
JFABNRGR
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

The most aggressive side wins, pretty much. The losers are overwhelmed and start to feel isolated and panic that they are losing ground and have no way to retreat, and eventually individually and collectively decide they aren't dying for this and attempt to surrender if given an opportunity. If the Ukrainian can hack through this mess, they should find each successive defensive position weaker and generally manned by fewer and less capable defenders.

In fact I would suspect some of the trench lines are patrolled rather than completely manned and are paper thin, and Russia was hoping to withdraw forces back to defend them, given their own manpower limitations. A mobile force just might roll right through the rearward defense lines.
Assuming this was in response the the trench clearing IFV assault post vid above.

The UKE tactics here were pretty poor. The exit alone out of the IFV appeared to have never been rehearsed.

It would not surprise me one bit if the shot to the arm was friendly fire.

As bad as the Ukes were, the russians were far worse and appeared to put up no fight at all.

As your post states the more aggressive side won out and I am still wondering how the Ukes were able to chase down and get the orcs to surrender through such thick cover even with drone coverage. These orcs must have failed the 2 mile run miserably because it appears they didn't make it 3-400M.

Violence of Action can overcome a lot of other shortfalls.
txags92
AG
JFABNRGR said:

MouthBQ98 said:

These orcs must have failed the 2 mile run miserably because it appears they didn't make it 3-400M.

That is what happens when you are conscripting troops up to 65 years old.
PJYoung
AG

Not a Bot
AG
The mines are still a huge problem for Ukrainian advance. They are taking armor and IFV losses with every thrust.
AgLA06
AG
Not a Bot said:

The mines are still a huge problem for Ukrainian advance. They are taking armor and IFV losses with every thrust.
That's modern warfare since WW2.
74OA
AG
Grain deal fallout continues and other miscellaneous notes.

UPDATES
First Page Last Page
Page 1160 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.