***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,536,564 Views | 47716 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering that the Russians are known for shooting their own quite regularly… yep.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
$25 million system missed a $2000 drone system. One thing from this war is obvious, less expensive anti-drone systems are needed
The Fife
Too bad the drone wasn't carrying a grenade or two to go offer the SAM operators for their troubles.
sclaff
AG
Maybe you who are in the know can explain this booby trap setup

benchmark
AG
If troop conditions in Zaporizhia are bad now ... imagine September after 2 mo's of cluster munitions.

ISW: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, JULY 13, 2023
Quote:

Popov's dismissal over the issue of Russian casualties and reported complaints about lack of force rotations further supports ISW's assessment that Russian defenses in Ukraine are likely brittle. ISW has previously assessed that Russian forces lack the reserves to rotate frontline units and that without operational reserves Russian forces would have to fall back to prepared defensive positions without significant support in the case of a Ukrainian breakthrough.[28] Popov's complaint about Russian casualties from artillery fire likely indicates that Russian forces need rotations and reinforcements to sustain their defenses in western Zaporizhia Oblast. Russia's lack of reserves likely made it impossible for Gerasimov to seriously consider Popov's appeal, and Popov's dismissal has further illustrated that Russian forces are unable to conduct force rotations. The apparent theater-wide lack of force rotations suggests that Russian forces would have to rely on existing and already degraded forces in the event of any Ukrainian breakthrough. Popov's complaints about Russian forces' poor counterbattery capabilities and significant Russian casualties from Ukrainian artillery fire are likely a result of what ISW assesses to be a Ukrainian effort to attrit Russian forces defending in southern Ukraine.[29]
sclaff
AG
attrition of ammo supplies confirmed
Blackbeard94
AG
sclaff said:

They say "Come to your senses and give us ammo…". I think the better request would be to the political leadership to come to their senses and end the completely unjust war. To paraphrase Zelensky, these soldiers don't need ammo, they need a ride.
PJYoung
AG

javajaws
AG
Well that's not something you see every day!
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Next Bet. Reports of commanders Zaluzhnyi, Syrskyi, Tarnavskyi - the situation at the front, advancement, defense.

New defense packages. Minister Reznikov's report. Improvement of supply logistics - Vice Prime Minister Kubrakov.

Increasing own production, in particular a good result regarding UAVs. Increasing the amount of repairs. Reports of the Minister of Strategy and Industry Kamyshin and Commander Hulyak.

Protection of nuclear power plants and the northern border. The results of checking the readiness of the defense forces to perform the relevant tasks. Reports of Minister Klymenko, Head of State Security Service Deineka, Chief Inspector of Ministry of Defense Voronchenko.

Taking into account the intelligence data and the measures taken, there is no threat of an invasion from Belarus. Report of the head of the GUR of the MO Budanov.
https://t.me/V_Zelenskiy_official/6975
Waffledynamics
AG
There was a Shahed drone attack last night in Kryvyi Rih.
Quote:

Ukrainian air defense shot down 16 of 17 Shahed drones
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/14-july-destruction-in-kryvyi-rih-after-russian-drone-attack
74OA
AG
Good, but I sure hope it wasn't occupied at the time.

Thymes
Blackbeard94 said:

sclaff said:

They say "Come to your senses and give us ammo…". I think the better request would be to the political leadership to come to their senses and end the completely unjust war. To paraphrase Zelensky, these soldiers don't need ammo, they need a ride.
I'd make them march home.
Rongagin71
AG
Marjorie Taylor Green's amendment to eliminate $300 million in funding for Ukraine was defeated on a bipartisan basis with 89 Republican reps in favor and 130 against.
Gilligan
AG
Thymes said:

Blackbeard94 said:

sclaff said:

I'd geolocate them and send in an artillery strike...
2wealfth Man
AG
sclaff said:

attrition strategy seems to be working if this is emblematic of the wider condition of the orc army. Those guys are about one step away from taking matters into their own hands and not in a good way for the Orc commanders
Thymes
Gilligan said:

Thymes said:

Blackbeard94 said:

sclaff said:

I'd geolocate them and send in an artillery strike...
Yes. Your idea is better.
lb3
AG
Rossticus
F-16s in Ukraine (who has no nukes) are a nuclear threat to Russia. Yet Russia putting actual nukes in Belarus is nuclear threat to…nobody? Lmao. The fact that they can say some of the asinine things they say with a straight face is impressive.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Impressive isn't the word I would use.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
P.U.T.U
AG
Russia doesn't want Ukraine to be able to level the playing field. Would be pretty easy to smuggle in a suitcase nuke compared to flying a F16 into Russian territory
lb3
AG
Just wait until the frog has boiled enough to introduce Tomahawks with a 1600km range.
PJYoung
AG
Anytime Russia says the word nuclear it means they've had another setback in Ukraine.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Impressive isn't the word I would use.

What about "different perspective"?
pagerman @ work
AG
lb3 said:

So I assume that the Russians have not used any weapons systems that can also be used to deliver a nuke?
AgLA06
AG
pagerman @ work said:

lb3 said:

So I assume that the Russians have not used any weapons systems that can also be used to deliver a nuke?
You mean like their nuclear bombers, strategic fighters, and ballistic missiles?

Or their submarines and black sea fleet (what's left of it)?
AgLA06
AG
lb3 said:

The rest of the world doesn't give a ***** That's the ultimate response. Telling them no one cares what they think anymore is when this ends.

Swift punishment followed by ignoring the noise from a petulant child is the best response.
Faustus
PJYoung said:

Anytime Russia says the word nuclear it means they've had another setback in Ukraine.

Or they're introducing pilfered kids to their new families.
GAC06
AG
pagerman @ work said:

lb3 said:

They supposedly fired actual nuclear cruise missiles at Ukraine as decoys with the warheads removed
Gilligan
AG
lb3 said:

Hey Lavrov,

Why the long face?
74OA
AG
Wagner begins training Belorussian military and other notes.

Today's SITREP.
DCPD158
AG
AgLA06 said:

lb3 said:

The rest of the world doesn't give a ***** That's the ultimate response. Telling them no one cares what they think anymore is when this ends.

Swift punishment followed by ignoring the noise from a petulant child is the best response.
Just double the amount of F-16s. If they whine some more, triple it.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
PJYoung
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1145 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.