***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,589,005 Views | 47808 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
GinMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
GinMan said:

Oh my god. That is horrible!!!!!!
Rossticus
Edit: wrong emoji.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Smeghead4761
Rossticus said:

The Debt said:

"The appetite for weapons" is because they keep getting blown up...notice it's not talking solely about the munitions.

Yeah. That's what happens in peer/near peer conventional warfare. Lots of stuff on both sides gets blown up constantly.
Modern high intensity conflict consumes men, munitions, and machines at a frightening rate.

And this isn't even close to WWII rates. In capturing Hill 192 in Normandy, the U.S. 2nd Infantry division fired 25,000 artillery rounds in a single day. That's a single division, for a single objective, in one day.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Hasn't Russia already shut down its 1 tank plant due to lack of electronics?

And they're supposedly behind on replacement artillery tubes. I'd they can't build tanks they're not building aircraft.
aginresearch
AG
Who is this journalist talking to? Russia out manufacture the west? We all know that is just physically impossible. Totally not credible. Now could Russia manufacture enough to string this out for a long long time? Possibly.
DeBoss
AG
What's the point of this? Wasting a top missile with nothing attached? Was this a test of current defenses to see if it could get through or was this a warning/threat?
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
Bird Poo
AG
DeBoss said:

What's the point of this? Wasting a top missile with nothing attached? Was this a test of current defenses to see if it could get through or was this a warning/threat?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a probing test or an attempt to make the West pre-emptively attack Russia.
Who?mikejones!
agcrock2005
AG
"Col. Boyko is reported to have shot himself five times with his service pistol."
knj2417
AG
That is commitment! Does it get easier each time he pulls the trigger, er…wonder if he was alone?
aggiehawg
AG
knj2417 said:

That is commitment! Does it get easier each time he pulls the trigger, er…wonder if he was alone?
My first thought as well. Such determination.
Rossticus
From a guy on the ground. Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1593581977281515520.html

Rossticus
PA24
AG
Rossticus said:

From a guy on the ground. Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1593581977281515520.html

Powerful picture
SouthTex99
AG
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark
AG
If events in Russia go sideways ... it's anyone's guess how it unrolls.

Newsweek: Leaked FSB Letters Reveal Civil War Among Putin's Allies
Quote:

"Believe me - that is far more terrifying. I assert, and this is by no means the solitary private opinion of one simple (FSB) employee: we have f***ed up the country. We (FSB) screwed up the country not on February 24, when this whole affair began, but much earlier, when February 24 became possible in principle."

"Chaos, civil war, collapse - yes, it's all ahead of us. It is inevitable," the FSB agent said. "Too many in Russia have crossed the point of no return. They plan to be little czars in the areas they manage to capture. At least, that's the way they are thinking."

The whistleblower suggested that it won't be easy for the Kremlin to suppress Prigozhin should he eventually pose a threat to Putin's rule.

"And when the especially 'smart' leaders in the FSB engage in whitewashing Prigozhin as non-systemic, and say that we have a structure that can neutralize him if it became necessary that's nonsense."

The ISW has said Prigozhin is effectively building a "constituency" of supporters and his own fighting force that aren't under the direct control of the Russian military or the ministry of defense.

Prigozhin therefore holds a uniquely advantageous position within the Russian state structure and information space that allows him to expand his constituency in the country more readily than the higher military command, allowing him to freely promote himself and his forces while criticizing Kremlin officials or the Russian armed forces without fear of push back, according to the think tank.
Rossticus
Video of a recent incident. Looks like a group of Russians surrendered… except for one of their buddies who attempted an ambush. No video of what happened then as the camera guy went for cover but all the Russians ended up dead.

My guess is that the guys on the ground tried to scramble for cover when the shooting started and the gunner laid it down on everyone, not knowing if they were attempting to escape or not.

Waffledynamics
AG
AgBank
AG
Bird Poo said:

DeBoss said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a probing test or an attempt to make the West pre-emptively attack Russia.

They don't want a pre-emotive attack from a much stronger foe while they are on their backs, regardless what their propaganda machine says.

It is more sword rattling.

Waffledynamics
AG

Rossticus
74OA
AG
DeBoss said:

The Russians fire missiles in volleys in an attempt to overwhelm Ukraine's air defenses. Now that Moscow is running low on ground attack missiles, I suspect they are repurposing missiles like this as radar decoys.
Waffledynamics
AG
Lots of posts on Twitter about Bakhmut now. It's heating up there again (like it's ever cooled off much in months).

Bulldog73
AG
aggiehawg said:

knj2417 said:

My first thought as well. Such determination.
As well as being a pretty terrible shot.
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
74OA said:

DeBoss said:

The Russians fire missiles in volleys in an attempt to overwhelm Ukraine's air defenses. Now that Moscow is running low on ground attack missiles, I suspect they are repurposing missiles like this as radar decoys.

I think this is it. Ukraine is shooting down a lot of cruise missiles so volleys and decoys increase the odds of getting missiles on target
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 936 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.