***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,584,437 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Someone just please put a bullet in Putin's head already.

We know that Putin had a level of control over the day to day operations and I am extremely curious as to the parallels we will see with Hitler when it comes to military decisions, once this is all over.

Also, a thank you again to those updating this thread. Been on the road last few days with spotty internet but I can always get this site to load. It's always a go to for me of course but it has been the ONLY go to for me as of late. Nice to have a reliable page for the news of Kherson.

Speaking of Kherson, what an absolute turning point. If anything is going to spark some true civil unrest in Russia in the near future, you would have to think it is right about now, no? The statement above is true more proof in my eyes.
DCPD158
AG
Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Someone just please put a bullet in Putin's head already.

We know that Putin had a level of control over the day to day operations and I am extremely curious as to the parallels we will see with Hitler when it comes to military decisions, once this is all over.

Also, a thank you again to those updating this thread. Been on the road last few days with spotty internet but I can always get this site to load. It's always a go to for me of course but it has been the ONLY go to for me as of late. Nice to have a reliable page for the news of Kherson.

Speaking of Kherson, what an absolute turning point. If anything is going to spark some true civil unrest in Russia in the near future, you would have to think it is right about now, no? The statement above is true more proof in my eyes.
If not, crossing the river and entering Crimea definitely would
Rossticus
The problem is that Dugin isn't advocating removing Putin and withdrawing. He's advocating turning things up to 11 and refusing to cede another inch of Ukraine (which is now Russia because they said so) even if it means total dictatorship, full wartime mobilization, and nuclear deployment.

They truly still don't think that the US or Europe have the balls to put them in their place if they display a full willingness to bring the fight to us should we not back down from supporting Ukraine. They think that there's a ytbd level of crazy they can ratchet this thing up to that will make us all tuck our tails and give them a victory.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!
So when does Russia go to the negotiation table? They certainly don't have any leverage
Rossticus
agent-maroon
AG

How much do you have to suck to lose one of your 2-3 allies and their name is Iran. Then you're left with North Korea and maybe China.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ATX_AG_08
AG
They've been trying to and Ukraine has already given them their terms.
Rossticus
Agthatbuilds said:

So when does Russia go to the negotiation table? They certainly don't have any leverage

I don't think they do. They've declared 30% of Ukraine to be sovereign Russian territory. Politically they've painted themselves into a corner where they have to hold/regain what they've claimed. The hardliners are running the show. Russia won't negotiate unless a situation transpired where Ukraine was willing to cede that territory, or at least a significant portion of it.

IMO, they're not leaving unless they're forced out militarily or they can claim something negotiated that approaches what they'd have achieved via full military victory. They've put tens of thousands of men in the ground in less than a year. Politically, they can't accept walking away without something significant.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Crap like this leaking is what emboldens the Russian viewpoint that it's only a matter of time until we wilt.

AgLA06
AG
No offense, buy some organization called "Faytuks" would be the last to know about dissension in our ranks.

It's some Ukrainian "connected" news network that puts something like that out constantly so that westerners get riled up again and send more money and arms to Ukraine. If something like that was real, it would be coming directly from their President or consolut.
Rossticus
Rossticus
AgLA06 said:

No offense, buy some organization called "Faytuks" would be the last to know about dissension in our ranks.

He's just quoting the NYT article.
Rossticus
agent-maroon
AG
AgLA06 said:

I read the NYTimes article that said the same. About what I expect from them these days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLA06
AG
There's some article like that all the time. If that was real President Zelensky would be yelling it.
lb3
AG
agent-maroon said:

AgLA06 said:

I read the NYTimes article that said the same. About what I expect from them these days.
Giving Russia hope of a negotiated settlement just delays their mobilization and costs more Russian lives. These stories are just as likely to be planted for strategic purposes as they are to be true reports of dissenting opinions.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG

Ukraine's MoD is top notch on the meme warfare.
Who?mikejones!
ATX_AG_08 said:

They've been trying to and Ukraine has already given them their terms.

That's funny. Russia has given theirs too. But one side is getting their asses kicked and the other is doing the kicking. Therefore, Russia needs to capitulate unless they have some master strategy to not have to walk from kherson all the way to Russia
Blackbeard94
AG
Rossticus said:

Crap like this leaking is what emboldens the Russian viewpoint that it's only a matter of time until we wilt.

Never thought I would say this, but Biden and his advisors are correct. Gen Miley is dead wrong and I am not sure why he is taking this position.

Support for Ukraine is one of the few areas if agreement that I have with this administration. If anything, I believe they have been too tentative in supplying arms.
lb3
AG
This chick is BSC:
Jetpilot86
AG
See below
Jetpilot86
AG
lb3 said:

This chick is BSC:

Putin: it's just a flesh wound.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1591192952923369472.html

Rossticus
Rossticus

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
With Kherson back under Ukraine control, is the goal too go to
Melitpol or Mariupol and try to cut off supplies to southeastern Ukraine and Crimea (with the Kerch bridge still down)?
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Waffledynamics
AG
I will not be surprised if Solovyov is either dismissed or suicided in the next 365 days. I'd take the under if I was a betting man.
Waffledynamics
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

With Kherson back under Ukraine control, is the goal too go to
Melitpol or Mariupol and try to cut off supplies to southeastern Ukraine and Crimea (with the Kerch bridge still down)?
This would be my guess, however Winter may play a part in operations. I'm a layman, but i predict some sort of offensive towards Melitopol or Mariupol (leaning towards Melitopol).

That being said, I would not be entirely surprised to see that as a bluff as Ukraine retakes Lysychansk and Severodonetsk, which would be a massive punch in the gut to Russia yet again.
First Page Last Page
Page 923 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.