***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,584,110 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gonna be a few days of sweeping and clearing Russians and securing the river line. Need to get over and push towards Melitipol / Mariupol. Trying to cross that river on anything other than raids is probably a really bad idea with Ukraine's resources.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Stlkofta said:

Rossticus said:

Morons…

If I have you down and out, knowing what you have done to me and mine for centuries, then I am taking you by the back of your head and kicking your ass full bore until the tip of my boot reaches the apex of your throat.

Complete victory is the only thing that can bring about real, lasting peace. It is the only way to teach the Russians a lesson.
Exactly. The best way for the Ukrainians (and the US and international allies) to ensure long lasting peace is to make this war drag on as long as possible for the Russians. Kill hundreds of thousands of Russians, destroy their economy, and embarrass them to the point that they don't want to do this again any time soon. We can't push into Russia, but we can destroy Russia from the outside without stepping foot on Russian soil.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
mosdefn14
AG
Didn't we try that with Germany?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Didn't we try that with Germany?
Yeah and we didn't do it good enough so they tried it again. Then we did it the right way with them and Japan and they haven't tried it again since.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Proc92
Can't wait for Russian tvs, cars, and walkmans to flood the market.
The Fife
How much would you really want to destroy them, and would a broken up Russia where someone like China for example ends up with the far east be better in the long run? Japan would be a better option but in my opinion they're unlikely to make that kind of a move.
P.U.T.U
AG
Why can't we push further into Russia (Ukraine has already done some precision attacks)? I don't get why we have not already to cut off more logistic lines.

Crimea is such a huge naval and economic center for both Russia and Ukraine, something like 75% of Ukraine's navy was based there and 80% of their economy used to go through Crimea. Sevastopol is Russia's only warm water port where they have been launching equipment that has been sending long range weapons into Ukraine.

Sitting back and letting this draw out does not benefit Ukraine, it does to Russia more now that they have China, Iran, and North Korea sending them weapon systems. They may not be the same quality as the west but as was proven in the Korean war quantity can sometimes beat quantity.

We know Russia does not have the ability to stop the Ukraine offensives. Find a way to get across the river (CAS planes would help greatly) and keep pushing. Even the "elite" Wagner group is getting their butt's kicked so keep pushing. A month and a half ago everyone was predicting Ukraine would be at the Dnipro and here we are in mid November already there. Russian forces are collapsing, make them surrender before signing a treaty
lobopride
I'm not an expert but I think crossing that river is suicidal. I would think trying to push from the north towards Melitopol makes more sense.
Proc92
P.U.T.U said:

Why can't we push further into Russia (Ukraine has already done some precision attacks)? I don't get why we have not already to cut off more logistic lines.

Crimea is such a huge naval and economic center for both Russia and Ukraine, something like 75% of Ukraine's navy was based there and 80% of their economy used to go through Crimea. Sevastopol is Russia's only warm water port where they have been launching equipment that has been sending long range weapons into Ukraine.

Sitting back and letting this draw out does not benefit Ukraine, it does to Russia more now that they have China, Iran, and North Korea sending them weapon systems. They may not be the same quality as the west but as was proven in the Korean war quantity can sometimes beat quantity.

We know Russia does not have the ability to stop the Ukraine offensives. Find a way to get across the river (CAS planes would help greatly) and keep pushing. Even the "elite" Wagner group is getting their butt's kicked so keep pushing. A month and a half ago everyone was predicting Ukraine would be at the Dnipro and here we are in mid November already there. Russian forces are collapsing, make them surrender before signing a treaty
Why is the Crimean port so important to Russia? They have the coast just to the east all the way to Sochi and have another close by huge military and industrial port already in the Black Sea. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Novorossiysk

twk
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Sevastopol is not Russia's only port on the Black Sea. It has a high strategic value and big Soviet infrastructure, but they would still have Black Sea access without it. The naval base at Sevastopol and the holiday resorts along the coast have been populated with Russians from all over for a long time, but that's not so much the case with the bulk of the peninsula.
P.U.T.U
AG
Sevatopol is Russia's only warm water naval base meaning it is the only one that does not freeze over during the winter. It is Russia's key base to provide supplies to places like Syria and also allows Russia to block Ukraine exports out of the region which is huge. Without Turkey stepping in Ukraine would have lost the majority of their export GDP.

Technically Russia has the port leased until 2042 but I am pretty certain with the current conflict if Ukraine can take it they will find a way to get out of the lease agreement.
DCPD158
AG
In Ukraine way of thinking, I'm pretty sure all Russian contracts are null and void
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Proc92
P.U.T.U said:

Sevatopol is Russia's only warm water naval base meaning it is the only one that does not freeze over during the winter. It is Russia's key base to provide supplies to places like Syria and also allows Russia to block Ukraine exports out of the region which is huge. Without Turkey stepping in Ukraine would have lost the majority of their export GDP.

Technically Russia has the port leased until 2042 but I am pretty certain with the current conflict if Ukraine can take it they will find a way to get out of the lease agreement.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/russia-s-warm-water-port.html

The link above and the post above referring to the other Black Sea warm water port begs to differ. This port is just a stone's throw away from the one in crimea, is huge, and has military infrastructure. The claim that Russia has to have Sevastopol because it is their only warm water port is simply false.
74OA
AG
The hunt for collaborators goes on. SBU
Gordo14
Just a reminder that allegedly 87% of Kherson voted to be annexed by Russia.
LMCane
Ukraine's Armed Forces entered the city of Kherson on Nov. 11, according to the Defense Ministry's Intelligence Directorate.

"Kherson returns to Ukraine, as the Armed Forces enter the city," its statement. "The retreat routes are under the fire control of the Ukrainian army. Every Russian soldier who resists will be destroyed."

For those Russian soldiers who were left behind, "the only chance to avoid death is to immediately surrender," writes the Defense Ministry's Intelligence Directorate.

At about 12 p.m., Russia's Defense Ministry announced the complete withdrawal of Russian forces from the west bank of the Dnipro River, including from Kherson.
74OA
AG
More on the liberation of Kherson City. FREE AGAIN

Should be able to reopen the bridge using a tactical section until it is repaired. SPAN
Waffledynamics
AG
Need more attention to Bakhmut.

2wealfth Man
AG
Gordo14 said:

Just a reminder that allegedly 87% of Kherson voted to be annexed by Russia.
is that the vote where they went door to door with two gentlemen with AK's in tow
LMCane
AlaskanAg99 said:

How many Russians were estimated to rout?
general figures were that there had been 20,000 Russkies in the Kherson pocket last month.

how many have been exfilled via the Khakhovka dam and the 6 ferries/barges, we won't know for some time.

hopefully, just like the Germans had at Stalingrad in September 1942, the Ukes have spotters along the northern bank of the Dnipro calling in strikes against the ferries and the Antonovskiy bridge zone.
LMCane
let's see how the Mobiks enjoy being at the bottom of these Uke style Katyushas

javajaws
AG
lobopride said:

I'm not an expert but I think crossing that river is suicidal. I would think trying to push from the north towards Melitopol makes more sense.
Yep, exactly. You leave a blocking force and all your arty safe behind the river then send in your offense from the North towards Melitopol while the orcs get shelled to bits. Bye bye water canal to Crimea...
74OA
AG
javajaws said:

lobopride said:

Yep, exactly. You leave a blocking force and all your arty safe behind the river then send in your offense from the North towards Melitopol while the orcs get shelled to bits. Bye bye water canal to Crimea...
Right, since Ukrainian artillery has superior range, it can use the river as a secure firing line and switch most of the assets that would otherwise be devoted to area security over to offensive operations elsewhere in the country. I suspect the Russians hope to do the same but are instead going to suffer the same indirect attrition in Kherson Oblast as they've suffered for months now.

In the meantime, the key port of Odessa and Ukraine's essential internal LOCs are fully secure from Russian ground attack for the first time since the war started.
FriscoKid
AG

VU Day
FriscoKid
AG
rgag12
AG
Are the Ukrainians driving minivans?

You sure these aren't soccer moms and the mob is just clamoring for some orange slices?
FriscoKid
AG
74OA
AG
FriscoKid said:

........and almost 100% of the physical damage is in Ukraine, too. Russia must pay for the destruction it has wreaked.
agent-maroon
AG
rgag12 said:

Are the Ukrainians driving minivans?

You sure these aren't soccer moms and the mob is just clamoring for some orange slices?

If they want orange slices then give them orange slices until they ask you to stop.

Beautiful scene...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rossticus
DCPD158
AG
Rossticus said:

Those deserting probably already have
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Proc92
Waffledynamics said:

I guess the Russians aren't begging Iran for drones and missles and begging North Korea for shells.
Waffledynamics
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 922 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.