***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,581,551 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Patrushev is one of the true believers who'd be vying for Putin's spot if he were ever incapacitated or un-alived. He's the devil on Puntin's shoulder, to an extent.

Rossticus
Player To Be Named Later
AG
bonfarr said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

Rossticus said:

This is another case of why the right of civilians to own firearms is such a big deal.

There's be a lot more dead Orcs if the people were armed. Hell, none of this may have even happened if Putin knew he'd be diving head first into an armed populace

The Uke Army was passing out weapons to civilians like candy in the first few weeks of war. I would imagine just about anyone that wanted a firearm could easily get one. I think the issue is most military aged males are already fighting or involved in the war effort in some capacity so any armed civilian would most likely be an old man or a woman.

True. But compare that to somewhere like Texas where civilians have had their firearms forever with a great number of old men and women that are likely better armed and familiar with their weapons than the majority of Orc conscripts.

Coming in to a place like this would be an absolute nightmare for invading forces in the long run.
AgBQ-00
AG
Rossticus said:

Hit it again
AgBQ-00
AG
With their obsession with the so called great patriotic war...I think the russkies are trying to create a stalingrad of sorts in Kherson
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
lb sand
AG
Except they are invaders, not defenders.
revvie
AG
bonfarr said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

Rossticus said:

This is another case of why the right of civilians to own firearms is such a big deal.

There's be a lot more dead Orcs if the people were armed. Hell, none of this may have even happened if Putin knew he'd be diving head first into an armed populace

The Uke Army was passing out weapons to civilians like candy in the first few weeks of war. I would imagine just about anyone that wanted a firearm could easily get one. I think the issue is most military aged males are already fighting or involved in the war effort in some capacity so any armed civilian would most likely be an old man or a woman.
Although old people are not that much a threat. As one, I will need only a revolver and opportunity to do my duty for my country.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus
Damn. A hero, without a doubt.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
I don't understand any way that pocket doesn't eventually collapse. How are they adequately supplying those men? Though, also, how are they getting the pillboxes across? I'm surprised Ukraine has let the pontoon bridges or other crossings stay.
Waffledynamics
AG
lb3
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I don't understand any way that pocket doesn't eventually collapse. How are they adequately supplying those men? Though, also, how are they getting the pillboxes across? I'm surprised Ukraine has let the pontoon bridges or other crossings stay.
The kamikaze drones/loitering munitions from the Iranians may be driving the Himars away.
agsalaska
AG
Rossticus said:

Dude went to Aledo and OU.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Waffledynamics
AG
Eliminatus
AG
Good example to use of the possible effectiveness of these things. I work in this realm.

Drones used to this level has been such a crucial learning point for the West. We knew it was the next frontier but this is hard data in actual numbers in real use cases now. UAS and C(ounter )UAS capabilities and potential have us scrambling even so at the moment.

Been keeping an eye on AeroVironmet, the company making our Switchblades and their version of the Lancet. The 600. It was supposed to have been deployed possibly in Oct. but coming up dry on confirmation of that. Until then I guess Mavics with hand grenades and mortars are doing the trick.
RogerEnright
lb3 said:

The kamikaze drones/loitering munitions from the Iranians may be driving the Himars away.
I thought the Iranian Kamikaze (Shahed-136??) drones use pre-set coordinates. Are they effective at loitering munitions enough to be a threat to HIMARS?
Eliminatus
AG
RogerEnright said:

lb3 said:

I thought the Iranian Kamikaze (Shahed-136) drones use pre-set coordinates. Are they effective at loitering munitions enough to be a threat to HIMARS?

The Lancet in that video is a completely different design than the Shahed drone type. The Shahed is a what you say. Predetermined fire and forget. The Lancet (I believe) has human command control capabilities all the way to the target. Like the switchblade does. It is what really sets it apart. The "wave off" feature at the last moment before impact. Used several times in Afghanistan to save civilian lives.

ETA: To actually answer your question, no. The Shahed would not be effective against HIMARS. The Lancet on the other hand was designed specifically for targets like that and is a great danger to them.
lb3
AG
RogerEnright said:

lb3 said:

I thought the Iranian Kamikaze (Shahed-136??) drones use pre-set coordinates. Are they effective at loitering munitions enough to be a threat to HIMARS?
They have a loitering feature but after looking it up, I don't think they would be reliable against mobile artillery. They might be accurate enough but another source would need to provide the coordinates and I'm not sure the Russians have the real-time intelligence to provide updated targeting information.
Rossticus
agsalaska said:

Rossticus said:

Dude went to Aledo and OU.

Copy of the Ukrainian press release.

https://spravdi.gov.ua/en/american-who-became-a-hero-of-the-russian-ukrainian-war-paul-kim-by-the-call-sign-kilo/
Rossticus
Russia threatening Israel now.

Rossticus
Rybar with interesting news. Russia leaking info to the mil bloggers like crazy.

agent-maroon
AG
Russia going to provide Iran with new weapon support? Do they not remember why they're buying weapons from Iran in the first place?

Whatever. I seriously doubt that the Israelis are worried about the bear at the moment and can handle whatever nonsense they might try to pull.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aezmvp
Rybar has been the best English Russian milblogger but yeah that's a direct GRU briefing result.
Rossticus
benchmark
AG
Wow, what a country.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
Rossticus said:

Russia threatening Israel now.

Interesting given that Netanyahu is back on the scene. I doubt he really GAF what Putin thinks

Of all the people to try and push around with threats, Bibi ain't that guy.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Eff Russia and eff a whole lot of these Russians too.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Looks like we finally specified that there would be a deliberate response to BioChem attacks.

FamousAgg
Well their normal troops are committing serious crimes so what's the difference.
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 909 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.