***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,581,263 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Rossticus said:

Germany gonna Germany

I know it's popular to crap on France. But the days where France is the biggest coward in Europe are over.

Today's France has far bigger balls than Deutschland
Just because Erdogan said it, doesn't make it true. He's been working both sides against the middle for his own advantage. Be skeptical.
benchmark
AG
Quote:

Chancellor of Germany Scholz "has changed stance", saying that "we should find common ground with Putin", Erdogan says - Reuters
Without being cute ... I'm wondering about specific examples of acceptable 'common ground' that doesn't reward Russia for their unprovoked military invasion. Is there any common ground?
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

Low effort meme

Seriously though, there was discussion on why Russians were riding on top of fighting vehicles instead of inside. I would posit that it is because the idea of dying trapped in a burning vehicle is anathema to your average grunt. I can attest to this. I didn't care if I was walking 20+ miles in 130+ heat, boots sinking into asphalt roads it was so soupy. I was not in a Humvee and ergo, I was happy (as much as I could be walking in 130+ weather...). F'ing death traps. We are definitely seeing that in Ukraine too.

May not make sense, may not be correct, and may not actually save their lives. But grunts are stupid animals and will embrace a bad thing if it lets them shy away from the worse thing. Even if it is just perceived. So taking your chances in the open air instead of literally dying screaming in fire and trapped? I'll make that choice all day, every day. Especially if I can be horse mounted because **** yes. Awesome.

At least that is one reason why this is what we are seeing now perhaps.
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Remember these horse soldiers?
benchmark
AG
nm
Rossticus
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Big fire in the area of hydropower plant in Nova Kakhovka
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/2-november-big-fire-in-the-area-of-hydropower-plant-in-nova

That dam does not need to blow.
Rossticus
AstroAggie15
AG
Rossticus said:

How bad does your military suck when the North Koreans are shipping you ordinance
Rossticus
Preeeeeeeeetty bad…
Smeghead4761
Rossticus said:

They need wings.

Smeghead4761
LMCane said:

fullback44 said:

I watched the military channel last night.. they had a 10 min section on the HIMARS system .. HO LEE CHIT, that is one lethal weapon, no wonder Ukraine is kicking Russia's ass.. there are various HIMARS missiles, however the AIRBURST missile is deadly, it destroys everything in a 200 yard radius.. extremely deadly weapon.. we need to give Ukraine some of the longer range missiles, they could reach the Amo supply dumps deeper into Russia.

Also watched a special on the VAMPIRE system... very deadly, basically takes shorter range Apache helicopter missiles and adds a guidance system that makes them deadly accurate. The system makes the missile a guided missile that can take out ground targets and / or drones.. in expensive weapon that can do a lot of damage... and cheaper than the Javelins
I have been pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of NASAMS and IRIS-T

at least from the media reports unless the Ukes are just lying about their shootdown rate
The effectiveness of the HIMARS shouldn't really be a surprise, since it's basically an M270 MLRS, except with only 1 6-rocket pod instead of 2, mounted on a truck instead of a tracked chassis.

The MLRS has been in the U.S. Army inventory for almost four decades, and was extremely effective during the Gulf War in 1991, earning the nickname the Grid Smasher. (A single launcher firing a full 12 rocket salvo could dump over 8.000 DPICM sub-munitions into a 60 acre area in less than a minute.)

What has been encouraging is how effective they are without cluster munition warheads (stupid Princess Di treaty, which we didn't even ratify but Bush43 insisted we abide by anyway.)
Smeghead4761
The reason the 101st (and the 82nd, who didn't end up surrounded) were used was because they were simply the only divisions Eisenhower had in reserve when the German offensive started.

Now, they were in reserve because they were airborne divisions, and they were refitting after the mess that was Market-Garden for a possible future drop on the other side of the Rhein.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
They are probably increasingly concerned about the number of partisan attacks they are sustaining and want to eliminate possibilities. Also if the Ukrainians take the West Bank, those are not available to be used to help arrange for any future crossing work.
lb sand
AG
I figure those Ukes have be similar to our Cajuns down at the mouth of a big river. Those ole baws will get those boat's lifted, drained, slap some flex seal on the bullet holes and be good to go as soon as they boot the orcs across the river.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

It's a true Axis of Evil that we are at war with now.

Ukraine + NATO + Western oriented nations against

Russia + Iran + China + North Korea
FamousAgg
Question is where will India fall?
TxLawDawg
AG
We need them aligned with the West.
74OA
AG
Germany is completing an LNG pipeline and port in December that would normally have taken over eight years to approve and construct. Winter is a powerful motivator.

PIPELINE
Rossticus
Fitch
AG
Rossticus said:

Looks like Twitter embeds will be disabled today due to TexAgs janky profanity filter.

You can delete everything after (and including) the "?" and the link should work
Rossticus
Completely missed the "?". My head just isn't in the game this morning. Thanks!
Rossticus
txags92
AG
TxLawDawg said:

We need them aligned with the West.
Should be simple enough to start talking publicly about the need to restrict H1b visas and outsourcing of critical IT functions to "friendly" nations. That and we don't need to fund or coddle Pakistan anymore since they are no longer useful to us in Afghanistan. Those two steps would go a long ways towards solidifying relations with India. India needs us more than they need Russia. We pushed them into bed with Russia militarily with our support to Pakistan after 9/11.
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Spanish HAWK and Aspide SAM systems are enroute to Ukraine.

VIA POLAND
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

"The previous parliament fell short of approving sending military aid but sanctioned the repair of Ukrainian tanks on Bulgarian soil as well as sending helmets and flak jackets. Bulgaria, which is a big producer of light arms and ammunition, has played down media reports that it already indirectly supplies ammunition to Ukraine through contracts with Poland and the United States. Data published by the country's main factories however shows that their production had tripled since the start of the war in Ukraine."

ARMS
Rossticus
I wonder if this will be better or worse than their dirty bomb "evidence".

74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

If their lips are moving...........
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Rossticus said:

I heard there's audio of two people blowing up the nord stream pipeline saying this "This is MAGA country" in thick Russian accents.
Rossticus

First Page Last Page
Page 907 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.