***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,581,411 Views | 47794 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by OldAg68
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Nice, very nice.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus
txags92
AG
Rossticus said:

He should be careful what he wishes for...I remember Yankees fans chanting "We want the Astros". How did that work out for them?
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
ROFLMAO!!

Burrus86
AG
It appears that the Russians, like all of their technology, do not internet well.
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
agent-maroon said:

That's a Mossad hit until proven otherwise
Nah clearly he committed suicide by shooting himself from outside a moving car. Open and shut case, Johnson. Mossad has no clue what you're talking about, so just sprinkle some crack on him and get outa here.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

some senior Russkie official just called Chabad Judaism a "satanic cult"
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Counter with a threat to cut off Kaliningrad from its land routes to Russia again.

Moscow can't keep it supplied just from the sea.
CondensedFogAggie

Wouldn't do it if I were you, but whatever.
Eliminatus
AG
Burrus86 said:

It appears that the Russians, like all of their technology, do not internet well.
Who knew that the boogeymen of over two generations, were so so bad at every aspect of war??? They still manage to blow my mind from time to time with some of their antics, shortages, and actions. There might have been a time long ago when they might have been a legitimate threat but that time is long gone.

This is "use scenes from Top Gun as Chinese Air Force propaganda" bad. The only ones who believe anything at this point is some of their own citizens and a couple of posters here. The Russians are just so bad at this. Lee said it best earlier, I am actively rooting for their defeat but there are still some things that make me wince at what they are doing or treating their mobiks at a professional level. I was no super hard charger when I was in. Just a normal grunt. Some time in a STA platoon was about as cool guy as I got but even I am offended at the sheer unprofessionalism of Russia's fighting forces and command. It's flat out gross, the lack of discipline, materials, and tactics. Barbaric even in the classic sense of the word and I don't see that as hyperbole.

Whoever first penned them as "orcs" absolutely nailed it.
Rossticus
Russia keeps doubling down on threats and aggressive posturing, assuming that everyone supporting Ukraine will back off EVENTUALLY, if the look crazy enough.

He only serves to back Russia farther into a corner. He's not going to get a negotiated end that serves up everything he wanted from military victory and won't get even a fraction of it by threatening to go full Hitler unless he gets his Sudentland settlement.
AgBQ-00
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Will this mean full on wartime conscription beyond the "limited" call up just done?
74OA
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Excellent. Everything that brings the costs of war home to the majority of Russians who have been able to put it on ignore so far is a good thing. Let's see how long Putin can keep them on side.
Rossticus
No way Putin cooks his own goose by large scale conscription of middle and upper class. All hell would break loose.
GAC06
AG
Seems like they should move to a "special military operation" economy instead
Rossticus
GAC06 said:

Seems like they should move to a "special military operation" economy instead

Their economy is already "special" at this point. Maybe it can be a "Re****ed Military Operation" economy? Would seem appropriate.
Rossticus
Oooooooh… Looks like that Iran deal backfired… That's a shame.

Rossticus
Global warming for the win! Lol.

Not a Bot
AG
The map coloring makes it look way more significant than it is. It's about 5 degrees warmer on average (F) than last year in Ukraine. In France, they are averaging about 60 (F) instead of about 53.5 (F). Someone painted a map orange.

Whoopty doo.
B-1 83
AG
We're the orcs counting on frozen ground and bad conditions for Ukrainian advances?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Rossticus
Earth shattering, no. But it will still play a beneficial role toward energy usage in a unique situation where every little bit counts. You can say 5 degrees doesn't matter but during the winter it certainly can.
twk
AG
B-1 83 said:

We're the orcs counting on frozen ground and bad conditions for Ukrainian advances?
There's that, and then there is the issue of Russia trying to coerce the Europeans to give in so that Russia will resume gas sales. Warmer weather would allow Europe to get through the winter without running out of gas.
Rossticus
B-1 83 said:

Not sure of the ultimate military impact. I was more thinking of the benefit to a battered and bruised Ukrainian power grid that could use some extra time and less stress. And of course there's the matter of allowing euros to stretch their gas supplies through the winter.
Rossticus
P.U.T.U
AG
I think Russia was forming defense lines based on frozen ground, trenches and holes trying to keep Ukraine on the northern side of the Dnipro. Now Ukraine can push further on and can have artillery positions basically across the river, may even be able to take some ground in Crimea if the freeze is delayed.

Combine that with Europe being warmer which has led to an excess of gas, Europe purchased as much Russia gas as they could this summer so Russia will see a short term decline of exports. This may be why Russia now is in a war economy, combined with limited resources its a bad sign for the short term
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 895 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.