***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,584,554 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

LMFAO. Russia is just comical at this point.

This from a country that doesn't make toilet paper until the 70's and had to make military how to manuals on what it was for.
Rossticus
Thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1582027756476387328.html

Manhattan
It's LEVEL III UHMWPE, they are good to go.
FriscoKid
AG
Russia (the great Soviet Union) is buying RC airplanes from Iran? What happened?
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
AgBank
AG
i think he has been threatened and wants to make it obvious to everyone that he has been threatened.
lb3
AG
AgBank said:

i think he has been threatened and wants to make it obvious to everyone that he has been threatened.
This actually makes since to me. He has 10 kids and no private citizen (even a multi-billionaire) can put a security detail together capable of countering a nation/state's foreign espionage service.

The first tweet where he quoted Putin's reference to "Khrushchev's mistake", read like KGB talking points inserted into a POW proof of life video.

This second one didn't seem to repeat any previous public talking points but is completely ignorant of history 100% Russian biased, I sounds like it could have been propaganda quoted from a Russian grade school history text book.
B-1 83
AG
Sounding like some captured Iranian drones need to fly into the Iranian Embassy.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
RogerEnright
It is likely that Putin will not reign forever. We may get to hear the other side of this story.

P.U.T.U
AG
Iran starting to provide arms is a massive escalation, they have copied several Russian weapon systems over the years and have been providing them to their proxies like Hezbollah over the past few decades. Iran pulls the strings, they can shift their supply from the middle east to Russia which gives them tens of thousands of artillery and missiles.

Iran also has a military program more similar to the US than Russia as the US CIA trained them in the 80s during the Iran/Iraq war (yes we trained and armed both sides). They do have NCOs and after seeing Russia's capabilities I think Iran may actually be more of a threat.

Russia and Iran also have zero respect for their enemies civilians. We have already seen the use of drones to go after civilian targets and I wouldn't be surprised if Iran started using proxies as suicide bombers/attackers. If I was Iran I would convince Russia to do what they did in Iraq in 2003-2006, IEDs, EFPs, suicide bombers, take out military recruiting stations, etc. which would make this nasty war even worse.

Every day it seems like we are a step closer to WW3
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Rossticus said:

Guess he lived in a one story flat or didn't own a boat. They are running out of stories to tell.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Waffledynamics
AG

I've been a bit absent the last day or so and hope to be more active in this thread soon. Life has me busy.
Deplorable
P.U.T.U said:

Iran starting to provide arms is a massive escalation, they have copied several Russian weapon systems over the years and have been providing them to their proxies like Hezbollah over the past few decades. Iran pulls the strings, they can shift their supply from the middle east to Russia which gives them tens of thousands of artillery and missiles.

Iran also has a military program more similar to the US than Russia as the US CIA trained them in the 80s during the Iran/Iraq war (yes we trained and armed both sides). They do have NCOs and after seeing Russia's capabilities I think Iran may actually be more of a threat.

Russia and Iran also have zero respect for their enemies civilians. We have already seen the use of drones to go after civilian targets and I wouldn't be surprised if Iran started using proxies as suicide bombers/attackers. If I was Iran I would convince Russia to do what they did in Iraq in 2003-2006, IEDs, EFPs, suicide bombers, take out military recruiting stations, etc. which would make this nasty war even worse.

Every day it seems like we are a step closer to WW3

Everyone's chess pieces are moving now. And no one seems to be trying to stop it before it gets any worse.
Gilligan
AG
I don't know about y'all, but I spend too much time here and on other sources reading about the war.

It's not healthy and I am going to TRY and take a break.
BQ_90
AG
Rossticus said:

Yep. You're seeing North Korea and Iran coalesce around Russia because they see it as a chance to instigate chaos and then possibly fill any resultant vacuum in their region. There's your axis if Putin decides to send things off the rails.
My guess is it's more of a chance to sell weapons for 2 countries that have sanctions on them. Also they get a testing ground for their weapons.
BQ_90
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Rossticus said:

Guess he lived in a one story flat or didn't own a boat. They are running out of stories to tell.
or he was found drowned in his walk in shower
sclaff
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
one MEEN Ag
AG
I would 100% try to throw that thing with a spiral like its a nerf football. Brings a whole new meaning to 'dropping 50 yard bombs.'
FamousAgg
The use of these consumer or commercial drones is pretty interesting. Russia is copying the old mortar on the drone method and Ukraine one upped them again. Interesting to know the drone cost be MANPAD cost.
Waffledynamics
AG
Geolocation in the comments.

74OA
AG
Germany again swaps armor to help equip Ukraine. MARDERS
Ag In Ok
AG
Pretty nice position you have there on the high ground. Would be a shame if anything happened to it. Do the Ukes have anything that will crush a few feet of concrete?
Rossticus
Rossticus

Ellis Wyatt
twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

Really stupid assertion there by Musk. The Russians had a lease on Sebastopol in Ukraine just like the US does on Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. No one challenged that. Putin wanted the entire Crimean peninsula in order to control the coast and limit Ukraine's access to the Black Sea. There was no legitimate military reason why Russia needed to seize Crimea. NONE.
I don't think it's stupid. It underscores that it is far more complicated than "that's part of Ukraine" or "those are Russian people."

If Texas were to secede from the U.S., it would be equally complicated. "Texas is America." "Those are Americans." "Texans aren't really Americans." People here would have different views and people in D.C. would have different views on the matter.
Rossticus

txags92
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

Really stupid assertion there by Musk. The Russians had a lease on Sebastopol in Ukraine just like the US does on Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. No one challenged that. Putin wanted the entire Crimean peninsula in order to control the coast and limit Ukraine's access to the Black Sea. There was no legitimate military reason why Russia needed to seize Crimea. NONE.
I don't think it's stupid. It underscores that it is far more complicated than "that's part of Ukraine" or "those are Russian people."

If Texas were to secede from the U.S., it would be equally complicated. "Texas is America." "Those are Americans." "Texans aren't really Americans." People here would have different views and people in D.C. would have different views on the matter.
If the people in Crimea had held a free and fair vote to secede and join Russia, and then Russia moved in to help them back up their independence, it would be different. But that wasn't what happened. Russia staged an independence movement, invaded to "protect" it, ran off anybody who wasn't pro-Russian and imported Russians to replace them, then held a totally rigged vote to secede and join Russia. I don't think anybody really knows what the Crimeans wanted, and it will be a long time before we are in a position to find out.
Rossticus
Looks like they finally got around to saying it out loud. They must be REALLY desperate. "That's ours now because we say so and we'll nuke you if you don't let us have it".

twk
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

He's talking about military installations as a basis for Russia needing to rule over Crimea, not the ethnicity of its occupants. You are stretching his remarks to say things he did not say. As to what he did say, about the military installations, it is pure nonsense.
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 868 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.