***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,584,564 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

What are cassette bearings?
It is a bearing that allows the axle connected to the wheel to rotate within the truck for a rail car. When they wear out, they start throwing sparks and dragging on the wheels, and eventually can cause a derailment if they fail completely. A not insignificant number of brush fires get caused every year by bearings going bad on rail cars.
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

What are cassette bearings?

Visual aid to accompany the previous reply.

https://www.directindustry.com/prod/harp-jsc/product-181975-1797880.html

https://harp.ua/en/brands/bearings-railway/
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. The word cassette was throwing me off.
Rossticus
Rossticus

aezmvp
Rossticus said:

They've been warning about this for a bit. The Ukes cleared some of their own minefields in a couple of areas earlier just before/after the mobilization. I hope they can do this and cut off Crmiea. The panic would be real and further strikes on Kerch? *chef's kiss*
RogerEnright
I would agree, but I am not sure on their quality.

Bearings are one of those things that quality pays for itself.

I understand that China has made significant strides within the bearing market and can replace Japan for most applications, but I guess the Russians will find out how good they are.

Rossticus
Pro-Russian/Iranian Euro camp really trying to throw shade at Israel for the possibility of siding with Ukraine.

Johnny Park!
Rossticus said:

It is beyond time to crush Iran with sanctions. They already have social dissent. Fan the flames in pursuit of some badly needed change there.

Added benefits of kneecapping Russia's new arms supplier
JFABNRGR
AG
Johnny Park! said:

Rossticus said:

It is beyond time to crush Iran with sanctions. They already have social dissent. Fan the flames in pursuit of some badly needed change there.

Added benefits of kneecapping Russia's new arms supplier

It is worse than you think Iran is working to induce russia to nuke us believing they have a win win if this occurs. This said we should stop playing patty cakes with them and hit them hard and stop the supply. Those bigger missiles carry over 1000lb warhead and if the russians send a couple into heavy civilian population it will be another serious escalation.

As for Israel it won't be the first time they have been instrumental in supplying weapons against russia they helped the cia deliver stingers to Afghanistan way back.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus
Yep. You're seeing North Korea and Iran coalesce around Russia because they see it as a chance to instigate chaos and then possibly fill any resultant vacuum in their region. There's your axis if Putin decides to send things off the rails.
RogerEnright
Speak the Truth

at 18:50, he states that Russian to Ukrainian losses are 6.5 to 1.

Has anyone found a source for this?
rab79
AG
RogerEnright said:

I would agree, but I am not sure on their quality.

Bearings are one of those things that quality pays for itself.

I understand that China has made significant strides within the bearing market and can replace Japan for most applications, but I guess the Russians will find out how good they are.

chinese bearings don't hold up well in farm equipment, particularly disks
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Rossticus
RogerEnright said:

Speak the Truth

at 18:50, he states that Russian to Ukrainian losses are 6.5 to 1.

Has anyone found a source for this?

Ukrainian MOD.
RogerEnright
Got it. Thanks.
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

Pro-Russian/Iranian Euro camp really trying to throw shade at Israel for the possibility of siding with Ukraine.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

https://twitter.com/amichaistein1/status/1582042871145803776?s=46&t=EriD0DHWSg8oX-0r4AziAQ\

Remember that guy?
CondensedFogAggie

Yeah a few potatos should convince people
CondensedFogAggie

Strangely enough, this is one of the more understandable mobilization videos. Still insane though.
Not a Bot
AG
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus
Private PoopyPants said:

Rossticus
LMFAO. Russia is just comical at this point.

Not a Bot
AG
Musk analogy may be close to being correct, but this would be like if Japan managed to invade Hawaii and take Pearl Harbor and we wanted it back a few years later. It doesn't matter how much they want it for their global strategy, it's ours.
twk
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Really stupid assertion there by Musk. The Russians had a lease on Sebastopol in Ukraine just like the US does on Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. No one challenged that. Putin wanted the entire Crimean peninsula in order to control the coast and limit Ukraine's access to the Black Sea. There was no legitimate military reason why Russia needed to seize Crimea. NONE.
Rossticus
twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

Really stupid assertion there by Musk. The Russians had a lease on Sebastopol in Ukraine just like the US does on Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. No one challenged that. Putin wanted the entire Crimean peninsula in order to control the coast and limit Ukraine's access to the Black Sea. There was no legitimate military reason why Russia needed to seize Crimea. NONE.

There was if he's been planning to invade Ukraine for over a decade. All the signs exist that he's fully intended and been preparing to do this for a very long time.

So many people just gloss over it and ignore the plain evidence that's staring everyone in the face because "there has to be a legitimate reason". There is a reason but not one that "rational" people have an easy time accepting. He wanted complete control of the land, resources, and people and doesn't care how many people die for him to get it. He's a sociopath.
Rossticus
fullback44
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Yeah a few potatos should convince people

So a bag of vegetables to have your son go off to war and he killed …. Wouldn't it be worth more to just have your son till a garden and you can have thousands of bags of groceries each month ? I guess my Puttie math doesn't add up .. or maybe just get confused easy
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

So musk may be a genius at science stuff but failed history. I guess we should not ask him if russia should take back alaska or we should take over cuba.

Musk should run these through a PR person or fire the one he has.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
P.U.T.U
AG
twk said:

Private PoopyPants said:

Maybe because 75% of Ukraines economy involved Crimea before 2014 when Russia annexed it. Russia is a dying country and they did a land grab to get more resources. Countries have been doing this for thousands of years
CondensedFogAggie

"But who knows? Maybe they fight with airsoft guns in Ukraine"

Rossticus
txaggie02
AG
Those clowns literally have no idea what they are to get into. Probably haven't seen one second of realistic coverage of the war. Nothing even close to being indicative of what's really taking place or they'd be sheeting themselves with that plastic armor.
First Page Last Page
Page 867 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.