***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,588,024 Views | 47807 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eliminatus said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

Those plucky *******s hunkered down in the freezing trenches and burning buildings and fighting with limited arms and ammo back in February keep me humble. We watched them fight and die trying to save their land. I just wish they were able to know that it wasn't all in vain. Their crucial part of the battle is done and they won it. Ukraine survived and will continue to survive because of them. I have zero doubt of that at this point.
Sometimes I find myself wondering what happened to these kids:

Rossticus
My guess is they grew up in a freaking hurry.
LMCane
10thYrSr said:

FriscoKid said:

Russia is dusting off tanks from the'60s and putting them on the front line.

The question is, is Russia getting rid of old equipment, or is this the best they have. How would we know? Are there other theaters they have operated in where they had better equipment? Are they holding back the good stuff for later? Are there videos of better equipment being used and maintained by the Russians? Is Russia a failed country that survives on it's reputation from 50 years ago? Does Putin know this? What is the answer?

it's pretty simple to know- of course the Russians would be using better equipment if they had it.

exactly what would they be waiting for?!

we see today the most advanced Russian T-90A tanks,

but they are being crewed by Ukrainian forces because the Russians ran away and left their tanks to be captured.
LMCane
Eliminatus said:

Private PoopyPants said:

So they are actually sending the Moscow civil servant class into war? That's how you get a revolt.

I know we give the Russians a lot of ****, and rightfully so, but there is still something so surreal in thinking of being a civilian with a respectable job and probably in it for a while and then in about three weeks you will be dead in another country on the frontlines fighting a war. All because you were given a piece of paper and told you had to go.

Russians being taken out of their country, given a weapon that they are barely shown how to use and then sent against the most battle hardened army in the world that HATES you with little to no support, guidance, or real hope. Wild times.

And we thought the Rosgvardiyans had it bad at the beginning…

keep in mind that is not always the case-

there was conscription back in the day and a larger army so there are still hundreds of thousands of veterans of the Russian Army who could be conscripted back into service.

we had United States Army National Guard units that were activated to Iraq and Afghanistan...
txags92
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

So they are actually sending the Moscow civil servant class into war? That's how you get a revolt.
I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that Alexei is a purely fictitious person whose "martyrdom for the motherland" is supposed to inspire others to do their part in the mobilization.
Eliminatus
AG
LMCane said:

Eliminatus said:

Private PoopyPants said:

I know we give the Russians a lot of ****, and rightfully so, but there is still something so surreal in thinking of being a civilian with a respectable job and probably in it for a while and then in about three weeks you will be dead in another country on the frontlines fighting a war. All because you were given a piece of paper and told you had to go.

Russians being taken out of their country, given a weapon that they are barely shown how to use and then sent against the most battle hardened army in the world that HATES you with little to no support, guidance, or real hope. Wild times.

And we thought the Rosgvardiyans had it bad at the beginning…

keep in mind that is not always the case-

there was conscription back in the day and a larger army so there are still hundreds of thousands of veterans of the Russian Army who could be conscripted back into service.

we had United States Army National Guard units that were activated to Iraq and Afghanistan...
Oh for sure. I was mainly pointing out the speed and lack of training. From sitting in an office in Moscow to dead on the frontlines in another country in under 3 weeks is insane by western standards. We worked with an NG unit in Iraq briefly and the non regular forces training and discipline was painfully apparent within minutes. Not to malign them by any means but it is just blunt truth. And they got vastly more training and equipment than those Russian men being drafted up.
Dirt 05
AG
Where are you seeing the loss of a m777 battery?

RE Tu95's like the B52, their nuclear role is alcm with range of 3000 km. Any intercept opportunity is likely occurring around the North Pole.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
What?

GAC06
AG
The A-Team built better vehicles than the Z-Team
The Fife
Crappy Russian truck mods. The front says as Mariupol as Donbass.
Waffledynamics
AG

74OA
AG
Likely Russian intelligence agent conducting surveillance in Norway. Perhaps in preparation for industrial sabotage.

CAUGHT
Waffledynamics
AG

BQwolf05
AG
The Economist Podcast this morning covered Russian intelligence failures. The link should start at that part of the podcast, if not it was the second story, at about 11 min in.
JFABNRGR
AG
Dirt 05 said:

Where are you seeing the loss of a m777 battery?

RE Tu95's like the B52, their nuclear role is alcm with range of 3000 km. Any intercept opportunity is likely occurring around the North Pole.

Drone video on reddit. I am not going to watch again or share. From 2" screen no less than 3 guns destroyed or damaged by perfectly centered MRLS strike. No cover no trenches.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
LMCane said:

Private PoopyPants said:

While we don't know for sure how many precision-guided munitions Russia still has available in their arsenal, it can't be that many. Why do I assume this? Because they are losing the war but haven't been using them to try to turn the tide. A few days ago was the first time we've heard about Kh-101 and Kalibr missiles in use in a very long time, nor have we heard much about Iskanders in months. The Iranian suicide drone purchase (smaller warhead, easier to shoot down) indicates they are trying to fill gaps in their capabilities.

Instead, Russia has been using S-300 air defense missiles in ground attack mode and it appears they are lobbing them in the general direction of their targets hoping to hit what they are aiming for. They are not highly precise. They are shelling cities like Kharkiv and Sumy almost every day because they are close enough to the Russian border to use more conventional artillery.

They had not struck Kyiv for months until a few days ago (nor Lviv or other cities out of artillery range). Surely there are legitimate military targets they could hit with precision in those areas? Why haven't they hit them? IMO it is because they are running very low on their guided munitions. I can't think of another reason.

Denys Davydov stating that Russia started with 6,000 precision munitions and is down to 2,000. which still seems like a lot to me as we all know Putin is not actually worried about a NATO or Chinese attack on his borders.

but I agree with all you stated, it is strange to see how poorly the Russians are able to target strategic military targets and break up supply routes.

hopefully the new Uke equipment from the Euros will increase the gap on the frontlines between old crappy Soviet equipment and newish NATO equipment.
The west's strategy is to break their ability to fight. Russia's strategy is to break their will to fight.
Waffledynamics
AG
Looks like Belgorod has been getting hit hard.

Waffledynamics
AG
Iiiinteresting.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

txags92
AG
How much of this Russian activity in Belarus is really posturing towards getting back into Northern Ukraine via a new front? And how much is Putin sending troops to protect his buddy Lukashenko from a coup while he takes the best equipment away from the Belarussian troops that would likely be involved in any coup attempt by the military and gives it to orc troops in Ukraine??
Rossticus
Rossticus
Burrus86
AG
That is so nice of the Belorussians to eventually supply the Ukrainian armed forces with these T-72s.
Rossticus
Burrus86 said:

That is so nice of the Belorussians to supply the Ukrainian armed forces with these T-72s.

And for Russia to deliver them!
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 856 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.