***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,588,362 Views | 47807 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
japantiger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Rossticus said:

Ukraine has regained territory roughly equivalent in size to the state of Connecticut since summer. Predominantly along the western bank of the Dnipro east/northeast of Kherson as well as east/southeast of Kharkiv. Basically, the areas shown in blue.
Thanks...so it's regained an area about half the size of the Dallas metro area.

Is the regained area part of what RU just "annexed"?

Been pretty out of the loop on what's going on there...given that we have politicians now saying we will respond in some fashion if the RUs lob a nuke into Ukraine, I should understand what the really, really is.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”
Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Faustus
japantiger said:

Rossticus said:

Ukraine has regained territory roughly equivalent in size to the state of Connecticut since summer. Predominantly along the western bank of the Dnipro east/northeast of Kherson as well as east/southeast of Kharkiv. Basically, the areas shown in blue.
Thanks...so it's regained an area about half the size of the Dallas metro area.

Is the regained area part of what RU just "annexed"?

Been pretty out of the loop on what's going on there...given that we have politicians now saying we will respond in some fashion if the RUs lob a nuke into Ukraine, I should understand what the really, really is.

Here you go.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682.amp
Rossticus
FriscoKid said:

This is a really big fat bright red line that the west has drawn. I assume it isn't a bluff.

Yep. That's about as close to FAAFO as it gets.
FamousAgg
FAAFO

"F around and find out"
Rossticus
txags92
AG
That looks like instant karma to me. Firing missiles at civilian areas and one misfires and blasts your own apartment building? Only my humanity towards the innocent civilians involved keeps me from pointing and laughing...
2000AgPhD
FriscoKid said:

They are such pigs.
The fact that the Russkies skedaddled and just LEFT everything in situ speaks to the degree of disorganization and lack of even basic training that most of the Soviet - err, Russian, army has. Did not take it with them, did not blow it up - just flat left it.
Waffledynamics
AG

Russians getting pushed back a bit in the Bakhmut area. Situation has been back and forth here for months.
SPF250
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Awesome to see, and you know this will keep affecting the South.
Imagine what an A 10 warthog could do to that line of trucks.
Waffledynamics
AG
agyellow
AG
2000AgPhD said:

FriscoKid said:

They are such pigs.
The fact that the Russkies skedaddled and just LEFT everything in situ speaks to the degree of disorganization and lack of even basic training that most of the Soviet - err, Russian, army has. Did not take it with them, did not blow it up - just flat left it.

Looks like a lot of the ammo boxes are probably empty as they were used to cover/barricade windows and other open areas.
Rossticus
Luka apparently MAY actually be dumber than we thought.

FriscoKid
AG

This one hurts.

I don't know how you negotiate with people that cheer this.
SeaAg010607
You don't. You remove all the sharp objects so they can't hurt themselves or anyone else and leave them in the crib where they belong.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Smeghead4761
SPF250 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Awesome to see, and you know this will keep affecting the South.
Imagine what an A 10 warthog could do to that line of trucks.
I was thinking B-52 Arclight myself.
Rossticus
FriscoKid
AG
Straight Talk
AG
OK, what ever happened to the 13 deserters who stole weapons and fled for Crimea?
benchmark
AG
benchmark
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
benchmark said:

so they can triple up on the amount of conscripts they can use as cannon fodder. What a screwy military operation the Orcs run.
Not a Bot
AG
Let's be real here. Go back to February. Who would have thought eight months into the war we would be hearing about the Ukrainian Air Force flying SEAD missions against Russian targets? Gees.
Waffledynamics
AG
Absolutely brutal thread about Russia's impotent rage-induced missile attacks.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1580698314949152769.html
Rossticus
Player To Be Named Later
AG
FriscoKid said:

This is a really big fat bright red line that the west has drawn. I assume it isn't a bluff.

I've heard from a source that I trust that this is exactly what has been conveyed to the Russians for awhile now.
Not a Bot
AG
While we don't know for sure how many precision-guided munitions Russia still has available in their arsenal, it can't be that many. Why do I assume this? Because they are losing the war but haven't been using them to try to turn the tide. A few days ago was the first time we've heard about Kh-101 and Kalibr missiles in use in a very long time, nor have we heard much about Iskanders in months. The Iranian suicide drone purchase (smaller warhead, easier to shoot down) indicates they are trying to fill gaps in their capabilities.

Instead, Russia has been using S-300 air defense missiles in ground attack mode and it appears they are lobbing them in the general direction of their targets hoping to hit what they are aiming for. They are not highly precise. They are shelling cities like Kharkiv and Sumy almost every day because they are close enough to the Russian border to use more conventional artillery.

They had not struck Kyiv for months until a few days ago (nor Lviv or other cities out of artillery range). Surely there are legitimate military targets they could hit with precision in those areas? Why haven't they hit them? IMO it is because they are running very low on their guided munitions. I can't think of another reason.
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
That's about 12km or so from the current front line. Didn't realize they were that close to the city.

Rossticus
Russia is forgetting lessons previously learned.

Rossticus
Lol, wut? Lmao.

Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 853 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.