***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,588,994 Views | 47808 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today's SITREP.
black_ice
FriscoKid said:

Rossticus said:

The problem becomes, what are Musks limits if pressed by Russia? Would he disclose data to Russia or limit Ukraine's usage of Starlink in order to cover his ass? Will he get people killed if he deems it to be in his best financial interests?

He gave them an internet connection. If Ukraine is beating Russia because of an internet connection then this world is screwed.

Lol. Ukes use that internet for comms against the orcs. Pretty big ****ing deal my bro. Get a clue.
Who?mikejones!
FriscoKid said:

Rossticus said:

The problem becomes, what are Musks limits if pressed by Russia? Would he disclose data to Russia or limit Ukraine's usage of Starlink in order to cover his ass? Will he get people killed if he deems it to be in his best financial interests?

He gave them an internet connection. If Ukraine is beating Russia because of an internet connection then this world is screwed.

No, he gave them a way to communicate and use high tech weapons free from dependency on existing communication infrastructure, on a highly mobile platform that can move with the troops and mostly free from Russian abilities to jam it. It's a huge tactical advantage.

Reading between the lines, Putin has now apparently told Musk to cull its use or Russia will harm it. It now benefits Musk more for the war to end asap, even if that means russia retains most of its original goals, than it does for ukriane to maintain its sovereignty over it's land, which was way Musk sent them in the first place.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russia conducted missile strike at electricity infrastructure in Kamyanske district of Dnipropetrovsk region this morning, firefighters on the site

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/12-october-russia-conducted-missile-strike-at-electricity
Waffledynamics
AG
Russians built some pontoon bridges near Dar'ivka in the Kherson region.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
Unconfirmed, but hoping it's true.
ABATTBQ11
AG
agent-maroon said:

Rossticus said:

Wellll, Musk is now a liability.

More like "Musk believes that honoring this request would result in the rooskies retaliating by taking out a couple of his very expensive satellites."

Musk is obviously taking whatever threat they made seriously.

The satellites are not expensive at only a few hundred thousand each, and they are very numerous. Russia would have a hard time making an expensive dent.

Musk should be reminded that the USDoT and the FAA have a lot of influence over Tesla and SpaceX. So far he has gotten a lot of leeway with Tesla's self-driving tech and some other issues, but thay could easily change. His Starship program is also kind of at risk because they built a lot of infrastructure with the expectation that launch licenses and other things would come through. I'm all for not using regulation to beat private industry, but private industry has waded into geopolitics and the realm of government through strategic interests. If you want to play there, it isn't always by your own rules.
aezmvp
Keep in mind that all Russia has to do is launch a few anti-satellite missiles that create a mess. They may calculate that damaging Starlink and creating a ton of space junk endagering other comm/spy satellites is worth it. TBH they are a legitimate target. Only political fallout is keeping it from happening.
PJYoung
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Unconfirmed, but hoping it's true.

60 million total - 15 to 16 each.

PJYoung
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Eliminatus
AG
Not to mention that Russia only had a fleet of around 100 Ka52s to begin with. And that is on paper. Real world breakage and parts availability means only about 75 would have been operational, and that is for the best equipped and maintained nations. Which Russia assuredly is not. Losing 28 in half a year is devastating. I don't imagine these things popping off the assembly line either with the continued embargoes. And the loss of trained pilots may be even more acute.
FamousAgg
JFABNRGR said:

Even if this was the right X-ray, So the see a truck full of explosives and say "let it through boys" lol
aggiehawg
AG
What am I looking at in the X-ray that indicates those are bombs?
2000AgPhD
"Even if this was the right X-ray, So the see a truck full of explosives and say "let it through boys" lol

^
|

This.
AgLA06
AG
You're missing the point. The xray isn't of the truck and trailer in the photo. The truck has an additional axle in the photo that isn't in the xray.

So you're seeing whatever Russia wants you to see.
txags92
AG
aggiehawg said:

What am I looking at in the X-ray that indicates those are bombs?
Dear leader told you they are bombs, so they are bombs. You going to believe your own eyes that say the xray is missing an axle on the truck or do you believe what dear leader tells you comrade?
PJYoung
AG
Eliminatus said:

Not to mention that Russia only had a fleet of around 100 Ka52s to begin with. And that is on paper. Real world breakage and parts availability means only about 75 would have been operational, and that is for the best equipped and maintained nations. Which Russia assuredly is not. Losing 28 in half a year is devastating. I don't imagine these things popping off the assembly line either with the continued embargoes. And the loss of trained pilots may be even more acute.

It's their entire disastrous war in a nutshell.
Proc92
The profile of the truck and the X-ray don't match.
lb3
AG
The laser systems deployed recently are now active.
Burrus86
AG
lb3 said:

I've posted a similar overlay but this helps me get oriented.

Lviv ~ El Paso
Kyiv ~ West of Abilene
Kherson ~ Uvalde
Donetsk ~ Spring
Mariupol ~ Freeport
Kharkiv ~ Waco
Sevastopol ~ McAllen
Luhansk ~ Woodville/Big Thicket
Odesa ~ Opposite Del Rio
Moscow ~ Wichita Kansas
Belgorod ~ Plano
Chernobyl - Wichita Falls
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russia to upgrade 800 T-62 tanks for combat use in Ukraine

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/12-october-russia-to-upgrade-800-t62-tanks-for-combat-use
Teslag
AG
FriscoKid said:

These are the "soldiers" that some on this board say Russia will eventually overwhelm Ukraine with.
Not a Bot
AG
That's some deep inventory pull right there. These things were first designed in 1957, put into service in the early 1960s and Soviets ceased manufacturing in 1973.
2wealfth Man
AG
BattleGrackle said:

JFABNRGR said:

Even if this was the right X-ray, So the see a truck full of explosives and say "let it through boys" lol

FSB having a bad day I guess
JFABNRGR
AG
is that even an image of an Xray or some university of moscow art project using led pencil and sketch paper?
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
74OA
AG
Ukraine trying a different approach to winning French hearts and minds. ROMANCE
ConstructionAg01
AG
Someone gets a one-way train ride to Siberia for that effort.
Burrus86
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

That's some deep inventory pull right there. These things were first designed in 1957, put into service in the early 1960s and Soviets ceased manufacturing in 1973.
How will the T-62s fare in the 2022 turret toss competition?
P.U.T.U
AG
I do wonder what "upgrades" over 800 tanks will get other than getting a person in them for the first time in 60 years. There has been a decent amount of rain and it is about to be winter, not ideal timing for old tanks to be used.
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I do wonder what "upgrades" over 800 tanks will get other than getting a person in them for the first time in 60 years. There has been a decent amount of rain and it is about to be winter, not ideal timing for old tanks to be used.
They will put Chinese tires on them. I hear they work well in the mud.
First Page Last Page
Page 847 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.