***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,592,150 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sclaff
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Not often a video makes you laugh and tear up a bit at the same time.

Just shows how Ukrainians are/were normal people defending themselves in a war they never asked for.

Rossticus
Posting so we don't forget the risks that civs are willingly accepting in undertaking humanitarian efforts very close to front lines.

CondensedFogAggie

Rossticus
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Rossticus said:

Posting so we don't forget the risks that civs are willingly accepting in undertaking humanitarian efforts very close to front lines.

I'd love to foster one of those mongrels. They look pretty cool.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
docb
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/xxblmk/the_russian_soldier_who_had_maggots_in_his/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Rossticus
Every dog I've ever had was a stray mutt. They can indeed be some of the best critters.
Rossticus
This would be significant, if confirmed, but expert says it doesn't appear to be the result of chems.

WARNING. GRAPHIC.

black_ice
Rossticus said:

Every dog I've ever had was a stray mutt. They can indeed be some of the best critters.

Indeed
aggiehawg
AG
Might want to put a warning of graphic for that.
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Might want to put a warning of graphic for that.

Sorry. On my end the tweet has an embedded filter and warning. I'll add to the post.
bonfarr
AG
FriscoKid said:

Some prisoners that they "drafted" into the army stole some guns and cars and left for Crimea. The jokes write themselves.

(Edit, maybe they were regular army. I thought I read that these were some of the prisoners that they drafted)

Their crimes were likely fragging the Officers that stood in the way of them getting the hell outta Dodge.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Not a Bot
AG
74OA
AG
Ukraine going after Russian bases launching Iran-made drones.
Rossticus
Good point… civilians are the ones who need to worry about Wagner. Not well trained, well equipped troops.

Not a Bot
AG

Here's the problem though. As pointed out in the prior thread I posted, these things only cost a few thousand dollars. It's a simple gas engine built into a flying wing design that can stay aloft for long range along a set GPS path until reaching its target. Very simple and cheap machines. These are one ingredient in the Iranian asymmetrical warfare cake.

The Saudis have been using Patriots and AMRAAM missiles to shoot these down at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions for each missile. It is a huge asymmetry.

Russia can just use swarms of these cheap drones to wear down Ukrainian air defense stocks at great cost to Ukraine. Right now there is a gap in the ability of ground forces to use small radar-guided cheaper missiles to defend against these.

The Israeli iron dome system would be useful here. Israel is working on an upgrade using lasers. The American mobile laser and wave systems are not yet ready for deployment.
Rossticus

JFABNRGR
AG
Crazy Video worth watching. The translations are in the comments, I went to copy here but too much language. Teaser is a russian soldier is smashed between BMP and rock wall and asks the Uke to finish him off. The Uke fires his rifle over his head calls him a cyka and tells him we are not you F-ers. Goes on to trying to free him and gives him at least one love tap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xxflnv/injured_russian_soldier_that_stuck_between_bmp/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Update its same vid Rossticus posted above twitter version and some think this is the same location as the outhouse incident.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Eliminatus
AG
JFABNRGR said:

damn talk about a failure drill. I count almost 30 rounds from the the POV rifle and easily 10-20 from 2 more rifles off camera frame. Guessing none of the initial rounds made it to the pump house or that orc was doing something other than relieving himself.

Urban warfare is nasty especially if your the clearing force. Nasty enough that Tier 1 units in Iraq at times stopped clearing and simply used a bull horn giving an ultimatum to come out. CAS is always nice along with little to no ROE on its use.
Classic failure drills went out the door IMO with body armor and drugged up insurgents. Got some stories if you get me drunk enough...

I posited way back in the beginning (like first 24 hours) that that was what I assumed to be the best bet for the Ukes as well. Get in the cities and fight street to street, house to house. It truly is one of the greatest equalizers out there in terms of warfronts. From what we knew back then, the roles were swapped. The Ukes were the poorly trained ones and was expected for experienced Russian units to be heading deep into the cities. My first thoughts for any chance of a Uke victory was to draw the Russians into urban areas and fight to the last, bleeding Russia dry in the process.

Alas, hindsight has proven that the differential was not as wide as seemed and narrowed quickly until we now have Uke formations that are simply better than the Russians they are facing in every category possible, both quantifiable and non.

Explosives, in all of its varieties, are your best friend in city fighting. Been seeing a lot more liberal use of grenades lately in videos and wholeheartedly approve. Toss/fire them things everywhere. In true combined arms fashion, best bet is to make the enemy go to ground in a building and then bring the whole thing down. It's brutal, slow, and resource heavy but it works and most importantly, it keeps more of your people alive. The US has learned that over and over, most recently in Fallujah.

All of this to say, urban fighting is the pits. Against dug in and determined enemies, absolute meatgrinder. So glad that Russian morale seems to be rock bottom as it helps prevent that "fight to the end" mentality.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

Obviously the Ukrainian is a better man than I am. Trying to help those who invaded, murdered and raped his country. And the orc is in pain to the point of asking for a bullet to the head.

That being said, overall it's sad. Nobody in the video has to go through all that **** if it wasn't from the evil delusions of an evil man.
DukeMu
Defense of Ukraine can throw some shade.

DukeMu
Recycling is a good thing.

Gradaggie05
AG
Can a professional help me understand? What's with the cloth wrapping around the motor round? It's blue in this video but I've seen lots of others in other videos.

If it's essential to the success of the weapon system, why doesn't the round coke pre-made with such a wrap?

Rossticus said:

CondensedFogAggie

"We survive as best we can," Ukrainian soldier says sarcastically whilst eating cake

mmh
AG
Rossticus said:

They're ruining dear leader's birthday! The bass-turds!!!

Both of these guys, seem to have a common symptom.

I'll correct that. Only one.
Eliminatus
AG
Gradaggie05 said:

Can a professional help me understand? What's with the cloth wrapping around the motor round? It's blue in this video but I've seen lots of others in other videos.

If it's essential to the success of the weapon system, why doesn't the round coke pre-made with such a wrap?

Rossticus said:

Those are propellant charges and are what propels the mortar out and up. The "gunpowder" if you will. They are not set because it can be changed to adapted on the fly to range. Less charges less distance and vice versa.

To clarify, those are considered auxiliary charges. You actually don't need them to fire the mortar but the charge inherent to the round itself is pretty weak and won't go far so these donut charges are added on as "boosters" and extend the range accordingly.
CondensedFogAggie
Eliminatus said:

I posited way back in the beginning (like first 24 hours) that that was what I assumed to be the best bet for the Ukes as well. Get in the cities and fight street to street, house to house. It truly is one of the greatest equalizers out there in terms of warfronts. From what we knew back then, the roles were swapped. The Ukes were the poorly trained ones and was expected for experienced Russian units to be heading deep into the cities. My first thoughts for any chance of a Uke victory was to draw the Russians into urban areas and fight to the last, bleeding Russia dry in the process.

Alas, hindsight has proven that the differential was not as wide as seemed and narrowed quickly until we now have Uke formations that are simply better than the Russians they are facing in every category possible, both quantifiable and non.

Agreed.

CondensedFogAggie

Anyone have this site?
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

Daily Russia mobilization video.

Compare this with Finland equipping it's reserves

black_ice
CondensedFogAggie said:

Anyone have this site?

Need site. Would buy a few.
JFABNRGR
AG
black_ice said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

Anyone have this site?

Here you go.

They are currently not set up to ship anywhere but a single PO in Ukraine. Comments state will be ready in the next couple weeks and will update and put out notice when available.

I am interested as well and would be willing to do a 100 Unit purchase and disburse from here or what ever the logical shipping QTY is as long as its a reasonable number.

https://sovajewels.com/en/catalog/braslety/bracelet-united24-azovsteel.html

Somebody else was doing bottle openers from a downed KA-52 which I would like as well. Great gifts for my whiskey drinking R lot friends.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Heisenberg01
AG
black_ice said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

Anyone have this site?

https://sovajewels.com/en/catalog/braslety/bracelet-united24-azovsteel.html

Looks like you have to take delivery in Ukraine.
First Page Last Page
Page 820 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.