***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,597,217 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Ag with kids
mickeyrig06sq3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

It'd be nice if the US would hand over a couple of the longer range HIMARS missiles if Ukraine could push south far enough to get that bridge in range.
Waffledynamics
AG
agsalaska said:

Edit so not to quote a tweet.

But I really like Zelensky. He is a hell of a wartime leader. I doubt that they could find a better Ukranian for the job.
Yeah, to be fair to him, he was offered a ride out and refused it, saying he wanted weapons to fight instead. This was when it was way more dangerous, with Kyiv getting directly attacked. That takes some brass balls.
CondensedFogAggie
wangus12 said:

Agreed. His unwavering faith in his people and his country and leading from that front has been absolutely instrumental in them surviving this.
Yep. He's also an international superstar who gets standing ovations whenever he gives a speech on video.

Which helps one of his primary jobs of talking to other nations and getting as much aid and weapons flowing into his country as possible.

I also love this response. Oh you annexed those lands? Well Ukraine is de facto part of Nato now, *****.
LMCane
txags92 said:

Gordo14 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Interestingly, Binkov believes the Kherson offensive has not been a feint by Ukraine, and that it has been indeed legitimate but stalled. He makes a decent case for this.

I don't think it's a feint or stalled. I think the terrian is terrible for offensive maneuvers, and I think Russia has dedicated a ton of power to defending it. It's not really possible to overrun it like Kharkiv. Also Ukraine is trying to be very strategic about it's manpower so that they don't throw soldiers into the meat grinder. I think Ukraine's plan is to slowly grind them down with strategic airstrikes and artillery. Taking land only when the time is right. And constantly destroying the Russian supply lines. I think winter is a more realistic time frame for Ukraine to win on this front.
I agree, but I also think they are trying to slowly starve the remaining orc troops in Kherson of critical supplies like ammunition. While they do that, they are slowly encircling them from the north. If they can make those troops feel like they are losing the means to defend their positions and that the door is about to close behind them, they will eventually break and run like the troops up north did.
uh, where can they run to?!

the entire southern side is the Dnipro river, the Ukes have taken down the three bridges, and the Russians are pinned on three sides by Ukrainian forces.
LMCane
EastSideAg2002 said:

I also think getting in bed with Iran for drones did not help the russian cause with Israel.
it's this reason more than anything else

that is the correct answer.
Waffledynamics
AG
ShinerAggie
AG
*** We've been very clear not to derail this thread from its intended purpose. You want to talk about how evil the Ukranians are? Start a different thread on it. Continue derailing this thread and earn a longer timeout -- Staff ***
ABATTBQ11
AG
Waffledynamics said:

agsalaska said:

But I really like Zelensky. He is a hell of a wartime leader. I doubt that they could find a better Ukranian for the job.
Yeah, to be fair to him, he was offered a ride out and refused it, saying he wanted weapons to fight instead. This was when it was way more dangerous, with Kyiv getting directly attacked. That takes some brass balls.

I think the Russians thought they were attacking Colbert and got Reagan instead. As much as people complain about corruption in Ukraine, and there is a lot, I think he's really trying to bring that country together and make it better, and it'll never get better as long as Russia is throwing money at it and trying to buy influence.
txags92
AG
Drop their weapons and surrender, or swim for it. That is the set of options the Ukrainians are leaving them.
agent-maroon
AG
They can also choose to stand & fight. And most likely die. Not a good choice but it's one they can make.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eliminatus
AG
Waffledynamics said:

agsalaska said:

As a wartime President he has absolutely excelled in the two critical roles he has.

• Rally the people to the cause of national survival and pride:
  • Navigate the myriad routes of international appeal to garner support, supplies, and access to various assets

There is zero doubt in my mind that he was the right man at the right time. How many national leaders can truly say that? He led a nation out of their darkest times when everyone else doubted Ukraine could survive. his people flocked to him and to their banners and fought bitterly to oppose the invaders. All the while he was politicking his ass off to get the help and support his people needed to keep resisting and then go on the offensive.

This is the stuff that goes down in history and will grow in the telling. To keep from derailing, his strategic ideals he and his generals established from the beginning are paying off huge now. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't quick but lets be honest here, they were starting from rock bottom essentially. What the Ukrainians have managed to do in seven months is pretty damn inspiring. Their figurehead never wavered and his admin and military are getting it done.

wangus12
AG
agent-maroon said:

They can also choose to stand & fight. And most likely die. Not a good choice but it's one they can make.

Definitely an option and I'm sure there will be plenty of Russians that use it. They may have little training or experience, but at the end of the day it only takes one bullet from a rifle pointed in the right direction to take a life. Not to mention any more damage they inflict on civilian populations.

They won't be combat effective, but Ukes will die as well
Who?mikejones!

Waffledynamics
AG

At 5:20, Rob goes over some of the consequences Russia would likely face for using nukes. It's not pretty.

At 9:16, Rob shows some depressed Russian state TV. Poor Solovyov.

At 11:24, Rob shares an intercepted phone call regarding the mobilization. It sounds like the public believes the biggest mobilization is from Belgorod, Kursk, and Voronezh. It also adds evidence that Moscow is afraid of protests in Moscow if they mobilize too many people from the city. Morale is also incredibly low among those waiting to be conscripted. The woman laments that places other than Moscow and St. Petersburg are considered expendable. It also appears that even if you have no experience, the Russians say your records claim that you do, so you're drafted.

Rob's map updates at 14:10. Speculation is that there are going to be losses of at least 3,000 men in Lyman by Russia.
Gordo14

*** This thread isn't about Biden either. Stay on topic or take a break -- Staff ***
Gordo14
*** You were warned. Reposting material we removed is over the line -- Staff ***
Not a Bot
AG
LMCane
agent-maroon said:

clearly this has been their decision up to now.

I think the Uke strategy here is to keep up the pressure, husband their own resources, and try to eventually force capitulation in the winter.
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

At 5:20, Rob goes over some of the consequences Russia would likely face for using nukes. It's not pretty.

At 9:16, Rob shows some depressed Russian state TV. Poor Solovyov.

At 11:24, Rob shares an intercepted phone call regarding the mobilization. It sounds like the public believes the biggest mobilization is from Belgorod, Kursk, and Voronezh. It also adds evidence that Moscow is afraid of protests in Moscow if they mobilize too many people from the city. Morale is also incredibly low among those waiting to be conscripted. The woman laments that places other than Moscow and St. Petersburg are considered expendable. It also appears that even if you have no experience, the Russians say your records claim that you do, so you're drafted.

Rob's map updates at 14:10. Speculation is that there are going to be losses of at least 3,000 men in Lyman by Russia.
as others have noted in diffferent places, many countries are warning their nationals who also possess Russian citizenship to get out of Russia

that doesn't bode well for the efficacy of the Russian mobilization program.
Faustus
NM
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Waffledynamics
AG
Pure, concentrated copium.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Gilligan
AG
He looks a little soft, but damn take your chances. Go to the front, lay down your arms and surrender. Think of all the good songs you'll be able to write as a POW.
RONA Ag
AG
Putin continues to look like a man battling something health wise. His looks white and his skin looks paper thin at this point. From the tremors we've been seeing I wonder if he has Parkinson's
Waffledynamics
AG

This is in the Kherson area.
Waffledynamics
AG
Reports coming in that Lyman is now in Ukrainian hands!

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

Are they learning?
Smeghead4761
RONA Ag said:

Putin continues to look like a man battling something health wise. His looks white and his skin looks paper thin at this point. From the tremors we've been seeing I wonder if he has Parkinson's
So, you're saying he looks like Emperor Palpatine in Return of the Jedi?
No Spin Ag
Red Pear Realty said:

That's got to be where more and more Russians are going to be as Putin's army suffered defeat after defeat. I was joking when I said he'll start sending babushka's to the front line, but now it doesn't seem so far fetched.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Robk

These guys are good. Would love to read a book on trolling operations.
PJYoung
AG
Smeghead4761
Robk said:

These guys are good. Would love to read a book on trolling operations.
Interesting that those troops have Stoner/AR type carbines, not AK-types. Plus the sniper rifle, which is probably also of Western origin.
First Page Last Page
Page 796 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.