***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,597,283 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Ag with kids
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought NATO couldn't admit a nation with an active border dispute.
Who?mikejones!
I have no idea.

Ukraine will eventually be in nato because Russia keeps invading them. Maybe not during this fight but probably shortly thereafter.
SwigAg11
AG
That was a big boom!
74OA
AG
lb3
AG
Ag In Ok said:

I thought NATO couldn't admit a nation with an active border dispute.
They can. But that dispute wouldn't be eligible for an Article 5 claim.

ETA: This could be an opening for negotiations. Since Article 5 would be off the table during the conflict, joining the NATO alliance becomes a security guarantee only after a negotiated truce is signed. Knowing Russia won't be able to take another bite at the apple a few years from now after rebuilding their military, might make signing away Crimea a bit more palatable.
Who?mikejones!
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

P.U.T.U
AG
Israel has played pretty neutral until lately when Russia tried to close a Jewish embassy in Moscow. Now they seem to be providing more intelligence to Ukraine and the west.
SwigAg11
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Israel has played pretty neutral until lately when Russia tried to close a Jewish embassy in Moscow. Now they seem to be providing more intelligence to Ukraine and the west.

It did not help that the Russian defense minister said that Israel was full of Nazi sympathizers. I believe that minister quickly backtracked from that statement but soon after Israel started sending supplies to Ukraine.
EastSideAg2002
I also think getting in bed with Iran for drones did not help the russian cause with Israel.
EastSideAg2002
Waffledynamics said:

"Oh no! Condemnation. What will we ever do?"
P.U.T.U
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

I also think getting in bed with Iran for drones did not help the russian cause with Israel.
Russia has always been in bed with Iran, they have been selling weapon systems for decades to Iran. Most intelligence says they work together on nuclear and bioweapons programs as well. Once the USSR fell Iran started recruiting scientist. But Israel knows this but does not fall for the broken logic of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", hence why Israel and Russia supported different sides in Syria but got into very few engagements with each other.
docb
AG
Really need to get the Ukranians some modern tanks, more HIMARs, and more precision artillery. This seems to be a war that will be won on the ground.
aezmvp
EastSideAg2002 said:

It's not just that, but it is also that Iran has support personnel and advisors on the ground inside occupied Ukraine working on this. ~15-20 were killed near Kherson the other day in a strike. It'd be one thing if the Iranians were just selling them the stuff, but the people on the ground getting real feedback for improvements is probably a pretty big deal for Israel. Wouldn't be surprised if they passed some targeting data along in those instances.
EastSideAg2002
aezmvp said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

It's not just that, but it is also that Iran has support personnel and advisors on the ground inside occupied Ukraine working on this. ~15-20 were killed near Kherson the other day in a strike. It'd be one thing if the Iranians were just selling them the stuff, but the people on the ground getting real feedback for improvements is probably a pretty big deal for Israel. Wouldn't be surprised if they passed some targeting data along in those instances.
This is what I mean by the Israel not happy with Iran's involvement. Increased weapons experience and more success for russia would only mean more opportunities for Iran.
AlaskanAg99
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

aezmvp said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

This is what I mean by the Israel not happy with Iran's involvement. Increased weapons experience and more success for russia would only mean more opportunities for Iran.

What is Iran really doing outside of some drones?
P.U.T.U
AG
Iran has copied the S300 and S400 missile systems, came up with the EFP that killed thousands of Americans in Iraq, several SRBMs and long range missiles, and several ground vehicles. They are focused mainly on drones since for the most part Iran does not fight you head on, they are experts at using proxies
aezmvp
AlaskanAg99 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

aezmvp said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

They're supporting/supervising usage which means they're also getting combat experience with them in an active war zone. That's hard experience to reproduce in a training setting and only a few countries world wide can effectively do so. This will significantly improve their performance in the field in any scenario against Israel and there is significant evidence that they've put a lot of these types of loitering munitions into Syria and Lebanon. Next time things get frisky over there I suspect Iron Dome will be having to defend against these. Anything that makes them more effective is no bueno.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

aezmvp said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

Russia is probably sharing real world lessons learned in all the platforms they've sold to Iran over the years
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Increasing concern that dual nationals will not have their rights protected and will be drafted into the Russian army.
Not a Bot
AG
CondensedFogAggie
SwigAg11 said:

It did not help that the Russian defense minister said that Israel was full of Nazi sympathizers.

Of all the dumb**** statements in this world where there's a **** ton of dumb**** statements....
TriAg2010
AG
The Russian threats of using nuclear weapons are taking on the grind towards inevitability that marked the start of this war. It would feel so much less shocking than say 9/11 at this point. The Russians will breach a rule of warfare that stood for 77 years and their rhetoric will be "we warned you," "you provoked us," and "you used them first," as they attempt to conquer a non-hostile state by turning it to ash.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The dictator playbook does have a cynical beauty to it:

1) Invade country
2) Annex occupied territory that you are losing the ground on militarily using in fake referendum to claim the locals want that.
3) then use that for your domestic political propaganda to portray the country that you invaded (and the Countries supporting them) as the actual aggressors and invaders; you are the one forced to defend and protect your own territory and citizens.

And yes because of the tight control of the media and the propaganda machine over there, probably at least half the population in Russia will believe all of the above and believe that it is all about Russia sovereign territory being attacked by the Nazi leadership in Kiev and their Western puppet masters.

74OA
AG
TriAg2010 said:

The Russian threats of using nuclear weapons are taking on the grind towards inevitability that marked the start of this war. It would feel so much less shocking than say 9/11 at this point. The Russians will breach a rule of warfare that stood for 77 years and their rhetoric will be "we warned you," "you provoked us," and "you used them first," as they attempt to conquer a non-hostile state by turning it to ash.
UNLIKELY
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
CondensedFogAggie
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

The dictator playbook does have a cynical beauty to it:

1) Invade country
2) Annex occupied territory that you are losing the ground on militarily using in fake referendum to claim the locals want that.
3) then use that for your domestic political propaganda to portray the country that you invaded (and the Countries supporting them) as the actual aggressors and invaders; you are the one forced to defend and protect your own territory and citizens.

And yes because of the tight control of the media and the propaganda machine over there, probably at least half the population in Russia will believe all of the above and believe that it is all about Russia sovereign territory being attacked by the Nazi leadership in Kiev and their Western puppet masters.

Yes kinda like…

Criminal breaks into your house.

Takes your family hostage.

Tells the police that your family voted to give him your house.

Announces that anyone entering his (your old) house will be shot on sight for trespassing.

Solid strategy indeed.

Waffledynamics
AG
CondensedFogAggie

Hero's, all of them. And we'll see you again some day.
agsalaska
AG
Edit so not to quote a tweet.

But I really like Zelensky. He is a hell of a wartime leader. I doubt that they could find a better Ukranian for the job.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

CondensedFogAggie

We'll put them to much better use, Russia
wangus12
AG
Agreed. His unwavering faith in his people and his country and leading from that front has been absolutely instrumental in them surviving this.
First Page Last Page
Page 795 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.