***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,598,785 Views | 47845 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Waffledynamics
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Pertinent, but i would like another translation of what China said. Or other ways it could be interpreted.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/09/chinas-public-opinion-is-shifting-away-from-russia/

The Diplomat is a great site for detailed analysis of the politics in Asia. This is a good opinion piece from a China-based journalist as to what the CCP and Chinese public viewpoint is of the war in Ukraine. Summary: It's complicated, but China isn't going to openly support the war.
CondensedFogAggie
Waffledynamics said:

Unfortunately, I thought it was real based on some words I know lining up. I left it there for the comedy but also added a real segment that shows a moment in which the Russian propaganda TV showing doubt on national television. Staff, please remove the video if it's not allowed, even though it's hilarious.

In my defense, it's not entirely unbelievable based on some of the other verified, outlandish things they've said this whole time.

Honestly, if this is similar to an average Russians news exposure, just switch words around to scream Ukrainians are matter-of-fact Nazis, and I can see tons of them being brainwashed.

Especially if they don't travel, learn a one-sided version of Soviet/Russian history, never actually met Ukrainians, etc.
ABATTBQ11
AG
No biggie
FIDO95
AG

I know some people are tired of the "nuke possibility" debate but this kind of stuff is really frightening. I'm hoping its disinformation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FriscoKid
AG

Chinese account with a few followers.
LMCane
FCBlitz said:

Eliminatus said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Aye. Seen several sources now to corroborate the rushing of conscripts to the front line. Somehow, even after all the Keystone cops antics we have seen from Russia, they still continue to surprise me sometimes. What an absolute debacle this whole thing has become. I was bewildered but joyous to see them pushed back from Kiev. Now I'm just dumbfounded to see what is essentially human wave tactics in 2022 from what used to be our boogeyman.

Wild times
that first picture makes me think that was taken earlier in the year. It is getting cold and wet over there now. Seems like they would be wearing slightly heavier clothes.
I for one am excited to see the cool NATO winter gear that the Ukes will soon be sporting -

going up against the plain green jackets of the Russkies dating to 1974.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie
wbt5845
AG
So I know you guys have followed this war a lot more closely than most, so what are y'alls thoughts on what Putin is doing with this referendum?

Is it to annex this part of Ukraine and just stop? Is it just strategic so that, if I=Ukraine attacks these areas, he can claim Russia is being attacked?

I thought the whole point of the war was to put a friendly government in place in Ukraine, but is Putin now looking for some other way out?
evan_aggie
AG
I thought having land access to Crimea was always one of the objectives. Perhaps this is their plan to make it stick.

I can see them using a small nuke if Ukrainian forces look to be recapturing that area.
B-1 83
AG
wbt5845 said:

So I know you guys have followed this war a lot more closely than most, so what are y'alls thoughts on what Putin is doing with this referendum?

Is it to annex this part of Ukraine and just stop? Is it just strategic so that, if I=Ukraine attacks these areas, he can claim Russia is being attacked?

I thought the whole point of the war was to put a friendly government in place in Ukraine, but is Putin now looking for some other way out?
The second one would be true to Putin's (and Russia's) character. The world won't buy it.
Waffledynamics
AG
wbt5845 said:

The referendums are an attempt to get something, anything, out of this and force a faux legitimate land grab in the hopes that he can then argue that Ukraine is attacking Russian territory. Nobody buys this, probably not even many Russians, who this is probably mainly intended for. Putin looks desperate right now.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
hunter2012
AG
New conscripts crack troops inspect their weapons:

Gaius Julius Bevo
They mustered up a bunch of middle-aged and elderly men. Gads. Humor me, gents. Is there any good use out of these Russians other than cannon fodder? Can they be tasked with something meaningful that they can yet accomplish?
No Spin Ag
hunter2012 said:

New conscripts crack troops inspect their weapons:

Now just wait and see what the next wave of "crack troops" looks like after these guys either surrender the second they get the chance or become fertilizer for next season's sunflower crop.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ABATTBQ11
AG
Waffledynamics said:

They're not risking it. They've committed to it.
FriscoKid
AG
Looks like these guys have the same guns that they used the first time they fought the Germans. They should know how to use them.
Burrus86
AG
These gentlemen will help deplete Ukraine's ammunition by stopping bullets….another grand plan by Putin.
AgLA06
AG
FriscoKid said:

Looks like these guys have the same guns that they used the first time they fought the Germans. They should know how to use them.
You know how I know you aren't a military history buff?
aezmvp
Waffledynamics said:

wbt5845 said:

The referendums are an attempt to get something, anything, out of this and force a faux legitimate land grab in the hopes that he can then argue that Ukraine is attacking Russian territory. Nobody buys this, probably not even many Russians, who this is probably mainly intended for. Putin looks desperate right now.
There are also some laws (not that anyone cares really) that limit what types of troops can be used outside Russian territory without a war being declared. Conscript classes aren't supposed to be used outside Russia for instance. This hasn't been closely followed but yes it will enable the Russians to shift some other resources around.
GarryowenAg
AG
Edit: removed for being fake
benchmark
AG
BQ_90
AG
GarryowenAg said:

This is WILD!

read the thread, it's fake
Waffledynamics
AG
Hilarious, but fake. See a couple pages back where I got caught on this too.
wbt5845
AG
GarryowenAg said:

This is WILD!

I would watch that show every day. And that chick in green - WOW.
AgLA06
AG
GarryowenAg said:

This is WILD!

It's like he's speaking German on the moon.
GarryowenAg
AG
Thanks. Been on vacation this week and a bit behind.
First Page Last Page
Page 787 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.