***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,617,443 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by 74OA
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06
AG
Waffledynamics said:

FriscoKid said:

Russia is blowing dams now to try and escape.

That also sounds like it traps Ukrainians on the wrong side of the river, possibly?

Edit: that might be propaganda. A Google search doesn't even pull up that dam at all. Why would they flood themselves?

Edited not that more info is available.

That river dumps into the Dnipro just northeast of Kersion. It appears that river is the front line for fighting north of Kersion. So it's probably a last ditch effort to hold the line where the Ukes just opened a new bridge head at Davydiv Brid. However, they control quite a bit across the river north of there as well.

It also probably dooms the Russian troops on the left bank in Kersion.
fullback44
AG
looks like zee Germans are starting to step up their game, I think over 70% of the German population was originally upset with their government not helping the Ukrainians more, so maybe they are coming around now that they believe they have secured much of their needed LNG / nat gas reserves for the winter. They will still be short but I think the US LNG exports along with all the Diesel they have been bringing in is allowing them to point the middle finger at Putin, all I can say is "About Time"..

Fact Sheet On German Military Aid To Ukraine - Oryx (oryxspioenkop.com)
EastSideAg2002
PJYoung said:

I do not get calling out the US on this. The US has sent tons of equipment, especially the game-changing HIMARS.
GeorgiAg
AG
74OA
AG
fullback44 said:

looks like zee Germans are starting to step up their game, I think over 70% of the German population was originally upset with their government not helping the Ukrainians more, so maybe they are coming around now that they believe they have secured much of their needed LNG / nat gas reserves for the winter. They will still be short but I think the US LNG exports along with all the Diesel they have been bringing in is allowing them to point the middle finger at Putin, all I can say is "About Time"..

Fact Sheet On German Military Aid To Ukraine - Oryx (oryxspioenkop.com)
Contributions include almost $2B to a fund set up so Ukraine can buy materiel from wherever it wants. Scroll down in the article to see the complete list of German aid.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

PJYoung said:

I do not get calling out the US on this. The US has sent tons of equipment, especially the game-changing HIMARS.
Would these potential air defenses been operational in this area based on the current war map even?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
74OA
AG
For those wondering why Russian long-range aviation has mostly disappeared from the scene after playing a prominent early role supporting the invasion, here's the answer. BOMBERS
aezmvp
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

PJYoung said:

Would these potential air defenses been operational in this area based on the current war map even?
Uh I've seen video of US stingers used in missile traps by front line troops in multiple spots throughout Ukraine. Especially effective on RU helicopters. This guys is a real twitter addict/citizen of the world type. Meh.
Sq 17
Unfortunate the dam got blown
Not likely US / Germany's fault
FriscoKid
AG

Looks like Russia bugged out to Crimea. Losing Kharkiv and Kherson in about a week's time is going to be crushing to the political war effort in Moscow.
FriscoKid
AG
This is like retreating to Australia in the game of Risk.
Burrus86
AG
I know that the Ukrainian attack will have to operationally pause to regroup, refit, and rest a bit. They have the Russians on their heals, and I hope the Uke's are able to resume the attack in a timely manner to secure Crimea.
GeorgiAg
AG
Wow. Ruskies paying the price. Artillery hit, then they back the car to right where it hit before. Not so smart, Ivan.

Malibu
FriscoKid said:

This is like retreating to Australia in the game of Risk.

Finally military strategy that I understand
PJYoung
AG
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-kharkiv-region-recapture-ukraine-insider/

Quote:

Capt. Malakhov and the 30 troops following him understood, too, that they were outnumbered by the 100 or so Russian soldiers guarding the line, who also had dug-in tanks and artillery. But at dawn on Sept. 7, he and his battalion a special-operations unit known as Wild Steppe that reports directly to General Valery Zaluzhny, the commander of Ukraine's Armed Forces attacked anyway.

The objective was not to overwhelm the enemy. It was a diversion and it worked.

As Russian troops defending Balakliya redeployed south to reinforce Moskva, the main Ukrainian assault, which had begun its advance a day earlier, punched through the thinned-out Russian lines north of the town.

"They thought we were the main threat, but it was only our battalion," Capt. Malakhov said in an interview with The Globe and Mail in a Kharkiv hospital, where he is recovering from injuries he sustained in the fighting.

Quote:

By the end of Sept. 7, Balakliya a city of 20,000 that had been under Russian control since March was back in Ukrainian hands. And the Wild Steppe battalion had crossed the strategically important Siverskiy Donets river, firing on Russian troops as they staged a chaotic retreat.

The fall of Balakliya precipitated a wider collapse of the Russian front line, allowing Ukrainian troops to capture the strategic railway hub of Kupyansk, as well as the city of Izyum, which had been the centre of Russian military operations in the region. By Monday, Ukrainian troops were in control of almost the entire Kharkiv region.

Quote:

Capt. Malakhov credited the bait-and-switch tactics to Gen. Zaluzhny, whom he has known for years. He said the top general seemed to have convinced President Volodymyr Zelensky that a counterattack had a better chance of succeeding in the forests and swamps of Kharkiv where special-operations units can have an outsized impact rather than on the open plains of Kherson, where Russia's artillery advantage would be hard to overcome.

Quote:

Capt. Malakhov said morale remains high, which is a key difference between his men and the Russians who fled their posts.

"Their guys were afraid. Our guys have nothing to be afraid of. When we have someone wounded or killed in action, we continue our assault. This is our land. Our people are ready to die for it."
GeorgiAg
AG
FriscoKid
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11212515/Putins-limousine-hit-loud-bang-possible-attack.html

Quote:

Vladimir Putin's car was 'attacked' in what may have been an assassination attempt amid the Ukraine war, according to an unconfirmed claim.
GeorgiAg
AG
Probably FAKE NEWS

JFABNRGR
AG
FriscoKid said:

Looks like Russia bugged out to Crimea. Losing Kharkiv and Kherson in about a week's time is going to be crushing to the political war effort in Moscow.
Or now the orcs have time to regroup and reinforce the new lines, given the blowing of the damn and rising the rivers way up. There are two very large deep quarries adjacent the river that if acted quickly upon could have been used as relief. Would not have taken whole capacity of the reservoir but a large amount. Both are within 400 linear feet of the bank and could have been dug in a matter of hours with a couple of the right machines.

FWIW they dont care about their own stuck on the far side of the river in UKE country but they very much do not want to lose Crimea or the south bank of the Dnipro.

I hope now Ukes have send some missiles onto the Kertch RR Bridge while its loaded heavily with something that goes boom. IDC who made it. GRIMS, ALCMS, ATACAMS, GREEN Goblins doesn't matter.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JayHowdy!
FriscoKid said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11212515/Putins-limousine-hit-loud-bang-possible-attack.html

Quote:

Vladimir Putin's car was 'attacked' in what may have been an assassination attempt amid the Ukraine war, according to an unconfirmed claim.

There is a lot to unpack in that headline at the Daily Mail site.
AgLA06
AG
GeorgiAg said:

That's the second one of seen this week. The other was the butt stock of their rifle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xe1t3d/the_last_few_days_worth_of_clips_of_american_and/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
EastSideAg2002

EastSideAg2002 said:

PJYoung said:

I believe the city in question has been under Ukrainian control for most of if not all the 7 months.
AgLA06
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

PJYoung said:

I believe the city in question has been under Ukrainian control for most of if not all the 7 months.
It's currently about 20 miles from the front lines. And that's after the Uke push that won ground southeast of the city.

Doubtful to risk SAM sites that close to the front. I'm sure they're reserved for key cities or military bases.
AgLA06
AG
DP
74OA
AG
Army stepping out to replace munitions sent to Ukraine. Some of the billions authorized by Congress for the war are for this purpose. STOCKPILES
GeorgiAg
AG
74OA said:

Army stepping out to replace munitions sent to Ukraine. STOCKPILES
Time to buy some stock!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/lockheed-martin-corp-stock-outperforms-market-despite-losses-on-the-day-01663103118-4fead40cf579
JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

For those wondering why Russian long-range aviation has mostly disappeared from the scene after playing a prominent early role supporting the invasion, here's the answer. BOMBERS
Good Article had some input on missiles and here we go they hit themselves again while probably trying to target another dam.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
GeorgiAg
AG
Graphic video

https://streamable.com/7i97vq
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

In the Kherson Region, the Ukrainian Armed Forces de-occupied the village of Kiselyvka. Today, the only settlement that separates the Ukrainian military from Kherson is Chornobayivka, said Samoilenko, head of the regional council.
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/14-september-in-the-kherson-region-the-ukrainian-armed-forces

More corroboration.
ShotOver
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Graphic video

Not really.
JB!98
AG
ShotOver said:

GeorgiAg said:

Graphic video

Not really.

Just eliminating the threat. Good guys 1 Bad guys 0 in that exchange.
2wealfth Man
AG
JB!98 said:

ShotOver said:

GeorgiAg said:

Graphic video

Not really.

high ground always wins
AlaskanAg99
AG
2wealfth Man said:

JB!98 said:

ShotOver said:

GeorgiAg said:

Graphic video

Not really.

high ground always wins

AGS-R-TUFF
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Thank you, that helps make sense. Looking for corroboration.

Edit: Well that sucks.

IIRC

Krivy is Zelensky's home village. Just some side Trivia.
First Page Last Page
Page 750 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.