***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,617,438 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by 74OA
Sq 17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GeorgiAg said:

Man those Russian executives keep falling off stuff!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9/12/2122531/-Another-Russian-Oil-Executive-Dies-After-Falling-in-the-Ocean

Possibly the wrong place for this kind of conjecture.
How likely are some of these oligarchs faking their own deaths
I would think these guys had millions of dollars stashed and fake identities already set up
Maybe I have watched too many 007 movies
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Pretty thorough day by day summary of Uke counter-offensive HERE
revvie
AG
Sq 17 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Man those Russian executives keep falling off stuff!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9/12/2122531/-Another-Russian-Oil-Executive-Dies-After-Falling-in-the-Ocean

Possibly the wrong place for this kind of conjecture.
How likely are some of these oligarchs faking their own deaths
I would think these guys had millions of dollars stashed and fake identities already set up
Maybe I have watched too many 007 movies
Maybe falling off boat and body not being found. Little harder when you fall out of a building and the street below is littered with evidence.
benchmark
AG
This is why Ukraine needs a few ACTAMS to wreck havoc deep in the Russian rear.

ISW: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, SEPTEMBER 13
Quote:

The Kremlin has adopted narratives that echo longstanding milblogger demands and complaints, suggesting that Putin seeks to appease and win back the critical milblogger community rather than censor it. Russian milbloggers have long complained about the Russian MoD and the military high command, and now the Kremlin state media is openly expressing dissatisfaction with the progress of the war and the lack of situational awareness of events on the ground. Milbloggers are advertising Telegram channels covering frontline developments 24/7 and urging readers to subscribe if they "believe" in Putin.

Kremlin-controlled and Kremlin-influenced media are now openly calling for an intensive missile campaign against Ukrainian civilian critical infrastructure and transit routes, an idea with broad support among many milbloggers. These new calls are a stark departure from the Kremlin's previous line claiming that Russian forces did not target civilian infrastructure, and this new narrative is earning the Kremlin public support among milbloggers. ****sky's statement at the Duma meeting pointing to the disinterest of most Russian civilians in the war echoes frequent milblogger complaints about the harmful side effects of conducting a limited war.
74OA
AG
Nice overview video of the current situation and how it occurred. REISNER
Waffledynamics
AG
Who?mikejones!
Waffledynamics said:

Like the end of ww1. Is there a Lenin out there we could introduce to the situation and cause complete internal collapse?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Increased targeting of civilians is the worst thing they can do right now.

How do you increase Ukrainian nationalism, motivate opposition, and increase international support for Ukraine? Target civilians.
ABATTBQ11
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

It is odd that so much Russian equipment is abandoned in useable, intact condition with apparently little effort to destroy it and deny its use to the enemy.

The Russians must be very poorly trained, in an absolute panic, or perhaps they are hoping if the Ukrainians are made stronger, the war will end more quickly. I think it is most likely the first two. With also maybe the idea that if they slip away with the vehicles still apparently intact, it buys them more time to escape while the Ukrainians must approach with caution until they are sure the vehicles are unmanned.

I think it has more to do with their structure and culture. They don't do anything unless told. See an opportunity? **** that. If an officer doesn't say go, you don't go. If you're being overrun or told to leave, self preservation says GTFO, but if the officers don't say, "Blow up all of the equipment," they're not going to do it. Destroying perfectly good vehicles is how you get arrested by the FSB for treason, regardless of the fact the Ukrainians are about to capture it.

Alternatively, and I kind of doubt this, maybe they just don't have the materials to destroy their equipment. They're running low on everything, so explosives and munitions may not be in large enough quantities to knock out or destroy everything they're abandoning.
74OA
AG
Who?mikejones!
hunter2012
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

A mass mutiny for a military is essentially a coup.
aezmvp
Agthatbuilds said:

Eh, that sounds like a lot of propaganda. I'd wouldn't put a lot of stock in this.
P.U.T.U
AG
A lot of the vehicles could be damaged to a point where they needed a lot of repairs by a grenade or RPG, both cheap and normally plentiful. But the Russian soldiers have been rumored to be short of supplies so if I had either and were retreating they are likely saving those for themselves incase they run into any Uke forces.
Who?mikejones!
Prehaps.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Both are plausible, and neither would shock me. However, the Russians have been abandoning vehicles with no attempts to disable or destroy then for awhile. Remember the SAM systems and radar abandoned back in March/April that were just left basically intact in a field because the tires got stuck?
CondensedFogAggie

MouthBQ98
AG
A simple fire is very efficient for destroying equipment but they're not even doing that. It may just be the military culture that equipment failure happens all the time and they just leave it until it gets recovered and repaired, so they may be doing what they are used to when they can't move something, but I suspect they are hoping the vehicles are good decoys and distract the Ukrainians while they escape on foot.
FriscoKid
AG

Russia is blowing dams now to try and escape.
AgLA06
AG
That's probably one of the first competent military things they've done lately.
Waffledynamics
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russia is blowing dams now to try and escape.

That also sounds like it traps Ukrainians on the wrong side of the river, possibly?

Edit: that might be propaganda. A Google search doesn't even pull up that dam at all. Why would they flood themselves?
YouBet
AG
74OA said:

I really just appreciate how they back every single video they make with hard rock music. I can really respect that.
FriscoKid
AG
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Western+Waterfall/@47.8954508,33.2357492,12.25z/data=!4m17!1m9!4m8!1m0!1m6!1m2!1s0x40c52d16cde340c9:0x6d92ffeb773c5f00!2sInhulets+River,+Ukraine!2m2!1d33.2128999!2d47.704887!3m6!1s0x40dad9202d0e422b:0x188c17321af9affb!8m2!3d47.9055683!4d33.2814109!9m1!1b1?hl=en
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Thank you, that helps make sense. Looking for corroboration.

Edit: Well that sucks.

fullback44
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

pretty amazing video, you wont see things like that during a war in real life many times. Excellent post
fullback44
AG
James iis alive an well, hes doing some good work over in the Ukraine, lets pray he stays safe and comes back one day

not sure this link will post properly, but James is thanking a British soldier for their group donating money for the cause
CondensedFogAggie
Russia preparing for either defeat or compromise. There is 0 chance this wasn't scripted in some way to pacify the nationalists.

fullback44
AG
74OA said:

Wow, thats pretty touching.. thanks for posting
zooguy96
AG
Russian TV looks like the set to Deal or No Deal.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
PJYoung
AG
fullback44
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Lukashenko has to have a butt hole the size of a pin head about right now, if Putin loses and Lukashenko decides he wants to be on NATOs side his own people will skin him alive, he has suppressed his own people for Putin for years.
PJYoung
AG
JayHowdy!
PJYoung said:

Don't even start. We have given billions.
First Page Last Page
Page 749 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.