***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,613,805 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by 74OA
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waffledynamics said:

My guess is celebrations of the 875th anniversary of the city. I haven't seen anything else to indicate backlash to Putin yet.

Odds putin is about to start drawing moscowians(?) Into the military?
Waffledynamics
AG
TRM
AG
Muscovites
Waffledynamics
AG

I'm really curious to see how Kherson continues to shape up. From what I understand, Russia did move some actual capable troops into that area. However, it's still doomed. Perhaps Ukraine pulled off one of the greatest feints in the war and will genuinely make a more concerted effort later, or maybe now is the time to keep making the small, methodical approach.
Demosthenes81
AG
Ukraine operating a hotline for surrenders?

Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Waffledynamics
AG
lb3
AG
Ulysses90 said:

[There are lots of military history books but there are sparse examples of an operation on this scale going as well as this appears to be going. This is a master class in session. It appears to a be a victory in the making and if it is then it's on the scale of Hannibal's victory at Cannae or the Russian fleet being sunk at Tsushima. The Ukrainians could not have done it without a LOT of NATO help but their operational planning is just superb.
If this battle results in the end of the war, I might agree. But I doubt Ukraine will keep the momentum up all the way to the Kerch Bridge.

Instead, I would probably be willing to say that this is the most historic military battle since the Inchon landing.
Not a Bot
AG
I hope this is true

Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG
FIDO95
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xbag85/i_think_this_is_how_all_of_us_feels_at_this_moment/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

LMAO!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
No Spin Ag
FIDO95 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/xbag85/i_think_this_is_how_all_of_us_feels_at_this_moment/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

LMAO!!

Love it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Waffledynamics
AG
AlaskanAg99
AG
To put in context, Putin kept invading and no one anywhere stopped him. But those places were of little consequence. When the international "community " shrugs, it imboldens you. So you keep pushing.

Then you commit and are rejected...but you bet your entire nation...and the developed world says "Nope"...then they flood in advanced weapons and intelligence you can't counter because there's been next to zero push on the RU side because they've been fighting in the 3rd world.

OOPS. Then Putin doubles down. And doubles down again. And here we are. Historically this will be one of the world's largest blunders. Hitler opening the eastern front is still probably #1. Maybe Napoleon as a #2.

Just want to point the goat herding Afghanies had a better plan.
Ulysses90
AG
You are correct. If it ends the war. I believe it has a chance to do so.

How fast it ends is ver unclear. It's probably more appropriate to say that what Ukraine has achieved may be of tge the same significance of the victories one the same day that happened in 1863 at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.

This is still amazing because there is such a long continuous front like in WW I. The collapseof a large portion of that front that the Ukrainians have actually achieved is what the Schlieffen Plan sought to do.
K2-HMFIC
Ulysses90 said:

You are correct. If it ends the war. I believe it has a chance to do so.

How fast it ends is ver unclear. It's probably more appropriate to say that what Ukraine has achieved may be of tge the same significance of the victories one the same day that happened in 1863 at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.

This is still amazing because there is such a long continuous front like in WW I. The collapseof a large portion of that front that the Ukrainians have actually achieved is what the Schlieffen Plan sought to do.

I'm not sure if the Ukrainian logistics can keep up, but this is some impressive work.

The political dynamic inside Russia is going to be challenging, because we're starting see the outlines of regime collapse. Not that it's going to occur soon…but there are some interesting indications which haven't been seen previously.
RONA Ag
AG
Is there a visual representation of the overall gains this week. Trying to follow as best I can based on town captures and encirclements but having a difficult time understanding the true scale of these captures
MouthBQ98
AG
The Ukrainians are much better positioned to support themselves with western style logistics than the Russians are to recover once their rigid structure has been substantially disrupted.

Being heavily rail bound and with limited trucking, Russia will take some time to reposition and rebuild logistics. They aren't set up for rapid movements forward OR backwards.

The Ukrainians with western support and advisory assistance have more capacity.
Gilligan
AG
RuZZia needs an out. How does this end?
AgLA06
AG
Gilligan said:

They have plenty of off ramps that head back across their border.

They need an ass whoopen of epic proportions that makes them military unable to try something like this again for decades. And for the next tyrant to know the world isn't going to sit by if they're dumb enough to do so again.
RONA Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

Gilligan said:

They need an ass whoopen of epic proportions that makes them military unable to try something like this again for decades. And for the next tyrant to know the world isn't going to sit by if they're dumb enough to do so again.

This, Russia needs to get whipped back to pre 2014 borders and then hopefully economic sanctions and the embarrassment of this epic loss of life for now gain will force an uprising and regime change in Russia.

We need to ensure though that once they lose we don't make the same mistakes like after WW1 and ruin them economically for decades to the point where another facist regime comes in.

Also need to speed Ukraine's entrance into nato after the ceasefire.
lobopride
Either the exception of their nukes I don't see how Russia is ever taken seriously again.
AgLA06
AG
The one thing I disagree with is once this is over, you remove the sanctions off of the general public. Make sure Europe doesn't need their fuel, sanction and prosecute the elites if you want. However, keeping the people depressed is how you get another Hitler that's more extreme and can play the world against us card to rally the troops.
Waffledynamics
AG
Looks like they're conscripting locals to fight in Kherson.

Quote:

Russian authorities restricted movements at occupied regions for men for further mobilisation, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/11-september-russian--authorities-restricted-movements-at
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Looks like they're conscripting locals to fight in Kherson.

Quote:

Russian authorities restricted movements at occupied regions for men for further mobilisation, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/11-september-russian--authorities-restricted-movements-at
Good way to wind up with a bunch of hostile rifles pointed at your back while you are trying to fight.
Not a Bot
AG
RONA Ag said:

Is there a visual representation of the overall gains this week. Trying to follow as best I can based on town captures and encirclements but having a difficult time understanding the true scale of these captures

Gilligan
AG
RONA Ag said:

AgLA06 said:

Gilligan said:

This, Russia needs to get whipped back to pre 2014 borders and then hopefully economic sanctions and the embarrassment of this epic loss of life for now gain will force an uprising and regime change in Russia.

We need to ensure though that once they lose we don't make the same mistakes like after WW1 and ruin them economically for decades to the point where another facist regime comes in.

Also need to speed Ukraine's entrance into nato after the ceasefire.
This is what we want to happen, but will the psychopathic RuZZians come to this realization or just quadruple down?

They really are that stupid of a populace with no thought for human life.
Waffledynamics
AG
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

Ukraine's military says its forces have retaken over 3,000 sq km (1,158 sq miles) during a rapid counter-offensive in eastern Ukraine.

The remarkable advance, if confirmed, means Kyiv's forces have tripled their stated gains in little over 48 hours.

On Thursday evening, President Zelensky put the figure at 1,000 sq km, and then 2,000 sq km on Saturday evening.

The BBC cannot verify the Ukrainian figures, and journalists have been denied access to the frontlines.

On Saturday, the eastern counter-attack saw Ukrainian troops enter the vital Russian-held supply towns of Izyum and Kupiansk.

But UK defence officials have warned that fighting has continued outside those towns. And officials in Kyiv said Ukrainian forces were still fighting to gain control of a number of settlements around Izyum.

Russia's defence ministry confirmed its forces' retreat from Izyum itself and Kupiansk, which it said would allow its forces "to regroup" in territory held by Moscow-backed separatists.

The Russian ministry also confirmed the withdrawal of troops from a third key town, Balaklyia, in order to "bolster efforts" on the Donetsk front. Ukrainian forces entered the town on Friday.

At the same time, the head of the Russia-installed administration in the Kharkiv region recommended that its people evacuate to Russia "to save lives".

Shock and joy in Ukraine's liberated villages
Unverified footage on social media appeared to show long queues of traffic building up at border crossings. The governor of the Belgorod border region in Russia, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said "thousands" of people had crossed into the country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62867560
sclaff
AG

sclaff
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 737 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.