***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,616,284 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Russian base destroyed in Kherson at "Alkoresurs" enterprise
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/10-september-russian-base-destroyed-in-kherson-at-alkoresurs

Quote:

A powerful explosion was heard in Kherson, Suspilne correspondents report
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/10-september-a-powerful-explosion-was-heard-in-kherson-suspilne

Quote:

Explosion at military enlistment office in Kherson

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/10-september-explosion-at-military-enlistment-office-in-kherson

FIDO95
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Honest question: is this the sign of a military in revolt? I just don't understand how this is happening. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is the massive amount of casualties along with the POWs.
I'be been wondering this as well. The Russian forces are collapsing as quickly as the Iraqis during ODS
I think the best explanation is a few pages back (Crazy how much has happened in the past few days). It was a twitter link about a Ukrainian officer who devised the plan and had to convince fellow officers who only wanted to focus on Kherson in the South. Basically, the idea was to jab at the Kherson area (I think a lot of us were wondering why things were moving so slow all of August) forcing the Russians to rotate troops to the area.

As Russia began to rotate to Kherson, they left conscript units made up from the "new republics", which had no will or training to fight, defending the Kharkiv front. The Ukes then delivered a knockout blow in the area all the way to the Oskiv River. In doing so, they surrounded (and apparently now captured) Russia's two main supply hubs in Izyum and Kupyanks.

I don't see how Russia stabilizes the situation without declaring war and fully mobilizing their population. I hope Putin doesn't survive the outrage when Russian realize that they have been lied to about the "special military operation. However, I not optimistic in him being removed him from power. And even if they do, there is no guarantee the next guy isn't worse.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flying Crowbar
AG
It would be interesting to see how that Russian panel on State TV is spinning the events of the last week.

They have to recognize that the Eastern front is in total collapse for them, right?
AgLA06
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

It would be interesting to see how that Russian panel on State TV is spinning the events of the last week.

They have to recognize that the Eastern front is in total collapse for them, right?

As much as they control their population, media, and the internet like China and North Korea, not necessarily.
FIDO95
AG
(NSFW) Ukrainian Soldier Dies Trying to Prevent Fratricide (funker530.com)

That was tough to read/watch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jobu93
AG
This is the biggest rout since Bush 1"s Iraq war and it may be bigger in the fact that an upstart Ukraine is taking Russia behind the woodshed.

I keep thinking the Ukes need a pause and regroup but they keep chewing up Russians and ground.

This is beyond belief.
docb
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/xaxp55/russia_forgot_their_tanks/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
That's a lot of equipment
GarryowenAg
AG
FIDO95 said:

As terrible as it is to watch, that exact scenario is always stressed and trained for. That dude should've lit them up after the second time they failed the challenge.
ABATTBQ11
AG
GarryowenAg said:

FIDO95 said:

As terrible as it is to watch, that exact scenario is always stressed and trained for. That dude should've lit them up after the second time they failed the challenge.

Summary? Having trouble playing it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Holy ****! A coup would be insane and unthinkable a month ago.
p_bubel
Quote:

Russian police arrested five people who proposed officials arrest and charge Vladimir Putin with treason for his decision to launch the invasion of Ukraine, which has led to catastrophic outcomes for Russia and its interests.

"The fact that several municipal deputies in St. Petersburg, Putin's hometown, came forward accusing [him] of treason and calling for his removal is highly significant," Rebekah Koffler, a former DIA intelligence officer and author of "Putin's Playbook," told Fox News Digital.

The deputies appealed to the central governing body known as the Duma to punish Putin for countless deaths of military personnel, prompting economic sanctions from other nations, motivating NATO to expand and leading Ukraine to build its military power.
Link
MeatDr
AG
Quote:

Relying on IFF signals such as armbands and lighting is not fool-proof, and this video is evidence of that. It was released today through official Russian sources, and it was recorded by a Ukrainian Soldier. As the Russians crest the top of a hill and come into the Ukrainian's sight, the Ukrainian can be heard asking the two Russian Soldiers to show him their yellow arm bands. This immediately put the Ukrainian at a loss of initiative, because it told the Russians he was a Ukrainian Soldier that didn't recognize them as an immediate threat.

As a result, the Ukrainian Soldier was killed in the ensuing gun battle with the two Russian Soldiers.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
FIDO95
AG
The video purportedly shows a Ukrainian soldiers view of 2 approaching soldiers without any identification bands. He shouts, "where is your yellow band, ... show me your yellow band". The camera moves away from the image of the approaching soldiers as he raises his rifle. Gunfire ensues. According to the report, the Ukraine soldier filming was killed in the exchange. What is odd is that the video was posted on a Russian site. I'm assuming the Russians killed the Uke forces in the area and stole the camera and posted the video? There is so much propaganda, who knows what really went down.
ABATTBQ11
AG
MeatDr said:

Quote:

Relying on IFF signals such as armbands and lighting is not fool-proof, and this video is evidence of that. It was released today through official Russian sources, and it was recorded by a Ukrainian Soldier. As the Russians crest the top of a hill and come into the Ukrainian's sight, the Ukrainian can be heard asking the two Russian Soldiers to show him their yellow arm bands. This immediately put the Ukrainian at a loss of initiative, because it told the Russians he was a Ukrainian Soldier that didn't recognize them as an immediate threat.

As a result, the Ukrainian Soldier was killed in the ensuing gun battle with the two Russian Soldiers.

Yeah that's hard
Waffledynamics
AG
bkag9824
AG
Waffledynamics said:

These videos still cease to amaze. Never in my life did I think we would see one of the world powers losing so many air assets. It's almost impossible to fathom seeing similar after-action videos of downed US airplanes. I know we lost numerous helos in Afg/Iraq, but the number of Russian planes being downed is simply incredible.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
No Spin Ag
Waffledynamics said:

You hate to see it happen
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
The head of the DPR filmed himself while leaving. What a little *****.

Quote:

Pushilin of Donetsk filmed a video while fleeing Donetsk
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/11-september-pushilin-of-donetsk-filmed-a-video-while-fleeing

Waffledynamics
AG

Well, that's dark.
Waffledynamics
AG

Waffledynamics
AG
Lol

Waffledynamics
AG
Correction
Agthatbuilds said:

Private PoopyPants said:

WTF is happening!? This is borderline unbelievable.

Months of himar preparation of the battlefield.

Motivated army vs unmotivated army

Modern weapons vs Soviet North Korean buy backs.

No air superiority
I'd also add:

1. From everything I've read from retired US/UK military brass, journalists, and pretty much everyone that has spent time with the Ukrainian Armed Forces, they have spent the past decade organizing a legit disciplined, modern military. Most importantly, they appear to have a competent officer corps that has been well-trained by Western advisers.

2. Despite not having any combat troops in theater, lord only knows how much logistical support the US and other European allies are providing, beyond just supplying arms and ammo. I have to imagine Ukraine is being fed real-time targeting data and HUMINT on a constant basis. DOD and CIA probably have private offices set up at the Ministry of Defense HQ.
aezmvp
Correction said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Private PoopyPants said:

No air superiority
I'd also add:

1. From everything I've read from retired US/UK military brass, journalists, and pretty much everyone that has spent time with the Ukrainian Armed Forces, they have spent the past decade organizing a legit disciplined, modern military. Most importantly, they appear to have a competent officer corps that has been well-trained by Western advisers.

2. Despite not having any combat troops in theater, lord only knows how much logistical support the US and other European allies are providing, beyond just supplying arms and ammo. I have to imagine Ukraine is being fed real-time targeting data and HUMINT on a constant basis. DOD and CIA probably have private offices set up at the Ministry of Defense HQ.
They rid themselves of a lot of mid and high level officers after 2014 but the biggest thing that the Ukes did was take extensive advantage of the European commands sergeant schools and creating their own version that was housed on the Polish border. That's the one that got hit by long range missiles early in the war hosting foreign volunteers.

You literally cant train enough junior officers to rebuild an effective military in 10 years. But by building off the Western model with career and senior NCOs you can. That served the Ukes extremely well early in the war when small units were able to take the initiative in taking advantage of Russian mistakes.
Who?mikejones!
aezmvp said:

Correction said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Private PoopyPants said:

No air superiority
I'd also add:

They rid themselves of a lot of mid and high level officers after 2014 but the biggest thing that the Ukes did was take extensive advantage of the European commands sergeant schools and creating their own version that was housed on the Polish border. That's the one that got hit by long range missiles early in the war hosting foreign volunteers.

You literally cant train enough junior officers to rebuild an effective military in 10 years. But by building off the Western model with career and senior NCOs you can. That served the Ukes extremely well early in the war when small units were able to take the initiative in taking advantage of Russian mistakes.

Very good addition by both of you. Allowing ncos to make decisions is key for ukraine and something the Russians are simply incapable of. You cannot fight a modern war between two major armies without excellent nco leadership
Who?mikejones!
Waffledynamics said:

What's going on in moscow?
Waffledynamics
AG

At 1:19, Rob leads into the snippets from Russian State TV, who are just bewildered by this whole situation. The sheer amount of copium ingested may in fact be fatal.

At 9:10, Rob leads into the Russian Ministry of Defense update, in which the minister lies and says they're purposefully removing troops to secure Donetsk. It's all intentional, everyone!

11:45: We have visual confirmation that HIMARS are in the Kharkiv region, complete with a destroyed Russian FOB.

At 13:20, Rob gets to the maps. You'll want to see it instead of reading about it. The funny thing is, though, that these maps are already outdated by the time he's showing them. That's how fast the Ukrainians are moving.

Good commentary and analysis throughout. These episodes are getting a lot more fun.
Waffledynamics
AG

That Kherson pocket is gradually shrinking.
Waffledynamics
AG
My guess is celebrations of the 875th anniversary of the city. I haven't seen anything else to indicate backlash to Putin yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 736 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.