***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,617,621 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

lb3
AG
Is this what I think it is?

Brrrrrrrrt!!!
FriscoKid
AG
Twice an Aggie
AG
If the Ukrainians knock out Izyum and establish the Oskil as a new defensive line it would help immensely. It frustrates all Russian supply, knocks out a large number of troops and uses a river as a defensive position. This would be huge and cut railway supply routes, P07 routes and if they are indeed capturing surrendering troops it is even better. They are able to retake territory and not fight tough urban battles. Finally, if they are reaching Lyman it should help relieve pressure on Bakhmut.
AgBQ-00
AG
lb3 said:

Brrrrrrrrt!!!
That looks fake as hell
lb3
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

lb3 said:

Brrrrrrrrt!!!
That looks fake as hell
After going frame by frame, I agree. No visible exhaust. No oil stains on paint, etc., etc…
GarryowenAg
AG
You couldn't tell after watching it the first time?!
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
javajaws
AG
IMO, this is where it all starts to get really interesting. There was no need for Russia to panic after their early withdrawal from the Kyiv assault. They still had plenty of forces to work with at that point and still had momentum.

But now, after the near stalemate for months...they have lost momentum and are now getting routed in parts of the invasion. I don't see them re-gaining these losses anytime in the near future which now puts them in a precarious position.

If the rout continues or even accelerates then Russia has some hard decisions to make. Continue to deny you are losing and risk losing everything you have committed? Pull out and call this what it is: a failure? Does Putin say f*** it and open up the silos? Or does somebody finally get the balls to take him out? One thing is for sure, Russia has to do SOMETHING different as they are badly losing right now.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
one MEEN Ag
AG
javajaws said:

IMO, this is where it all starts to get really interesting. There was no need for Russia to panic after their early withdrawal from the Kyiv assault. They still had plenty of forces to work with at that point and still had momentum.

But now, after the near stalemate for months...they have lost momentum and are now getting routed in parts of the invasion. I don't see them re-gaining these losses anytime in the near future which now puts them in a precarious position.

If the rout continues or even accelerates then Russia has some hard decisions to make. Continue to deny you are losing and risk losing everything you have committed? Pull out and call this what it is: a failure? Does Putin say f*** it and open up the silos? Or does somebody finally get the balls to take him out? One thing is for sure, Russia has to do SOMETHING different as they are badly losing right now.
I believe most of the oil and gas deposits are within the breakaway regions on the other side of the river Ukraine just pushed up against. Russia might try to retreat and try to keep Ukraine solely from shutting down water to Crimea and trying to keep Crimea and the breakaway regions.

Russia's going to find out that war doesn't end when you'd like and they have to give Ukraine a reason to not keep pressing.

My take is Russia starts really drawing up any warm body and throws it at keeping Crimea. Even pulling from St. Petersburg and Moscow openly. They're going to gamble the future of their whole country on it.
GeorgiAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Damn. They dead!
GeorgiAg
AG
Here is a longer video Edit: I don't know why they deleted the video. Probably because it showed a lot of bloodied Russians.

Ulysses90
AG
Waffledynamics said:

The Russians were prepared for anything except for the Ukrainians empoying Jack Pardee's Run & Shoot offense. The Uke quarterback can hit targets far downfield all day long. They are putting a lot of points on the board very quickly with no huddles.
Teddy KGB
AG
War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
P.U.T.U
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Damn. They dead!
I am interested on what was taking the video, phone or something like a Go Pro? Its not dead
Eliminatus
AG
javajaws said:

IMO, this is a direct result of the quality of men Russia has been counting on to conduct their warfare. Recent pics from recruiting depots over the last few weeks is very telling. "Bottom of the barrel" is a very apt description. More gray and bald than hair, more potbelly than muscle, etc.

While there is no real true way to quantify it, morale has always been such a force multiplier in war and the orcs simply don't have it. That is one area that I am firmly convinced of. I was traveling yesterday and listening to Dan Carlin and reminded me of a great example. The fall of Singapore early WW2. The Allied troops outnumbered the Japanese by almost 3x and were the defenders in their "fortress city". But those Allied troops had been in hard combat for weeks, low on supplies, felt betrayed by their command, and were given unrealistic goals in unrealistic timelines. Sound familiar? Yeah, The Japanese struck hard with a much smaller army that was well provisioned and a firm belief in their mission and their leaders vision. Singapore cracked and capitulated in a week.

All that to say, I am not surprised at the breakdown in the Russian defences in that area. I was even kind of expecting it. I can truly think of no harder job this world has ever faced than a leader in charge of trying to stop a rout. We have numerous examples of military leaders gloriously attacking and taking objectives but I respect those who can lead successful retreats under fire even more. Strong and capable frontline leaders is something else the orcs seem to be missing, or are already dead. No defense in layers is a screaming example of this. Mind boggling to me even.

And I fully concur with you. I think the next big turning point is whether Russia fully declares war or not.
JayHowdy!
AgBQ-00 said:

lb3 said:

Brrrrrrrrt!!!
That looks fake as hell
Agree. Looks like Ukrainian propaganda.

Would be great to see though.
lb3
AG
GarryowenAg said:

You couldn't tell after watching it the first time?!
Sorry, with my phone in landscape, the video is little more than 1"x2". But if Orcs see the video and it causes panic, it served it's purpose.
AgLA06
AG
Not only that, but it's real easy to be brave when you're part of massive armor columns launching a surprise attack on a less equipped enemy.

Now that Ukraine has the initiative as well as equal training and equipment it's not so easy for Russian conscripts to believe in the cause. Especially since the Ukes are fighting for their land, families, and loved ones. Many of whom were slaughtered or maimed by Russia.
Fitch
AG
Dan Carlin is an excellent listen.
DuncanLEO
Ulysses90 said:

The Russians were prepared for anything except for the Ukrainians empoying Jack Pardee's Run & Shoot offense. The Uke quarterback can hit targets far downfield all day long. They are putting a lot of points on the board very quickly with no huddles.
Violence of Action
Demosthenes81
AG
DuncanLEO said:

Ulysses90 said:

Violence of Action

Ukrainians run through many holes. It is a touchdown!
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

While there is no real true way to quantify it, morale has always been such a force multiplier in war and the orcs simply don't have it.

Napoleon gave us the answer. It's 3.

https://quotefancy.com/quote/870699/Napoleon-In-war-the-moral-is-to-the-physical-as-three-is-to-one
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
FIDO95
AG
DuncanLEO said:

Ulysses90 said:

Violence of Action

"A good plan violently executed now is better then a perfect plan next week". - Gen. George S Patton

The Ukes chose wisely.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Dang! Got 'em in a vice now.
lb sand
AG
Evidently this is of a bunch of UAF troops singing the Ukraine National Anthem right before they began the offensive in Kharkiv.
It brought goosebumps to me.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ulysses90
AG
lb sand said:

Evidently this is of a bunch of UAF troops singing the Ukraine National Anthem right before they began the offensive in Kharkiv.
It brought goosebumps to me.

That brings a lump to my throat. It'll be the last for many of them. Godspeed, slay th bear.

Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ivan Fedorov / Melitopol / mayor
! The Armed Forces wish the occupiers a bad night.
Explosions and shooting are heard in Melitopol.
We are working out the details.

First Page Last Page
Page 733 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.