***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,618,246 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a Bot
AG
lb3
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Outstanding interview so far. You can listen at 1.5 speed.
https://funker530.com/video/tell-all-interview-with-fallujah-veteran-fighting-in-ukraine/

Thanks, great find.
Not a Bot
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
sclaff said:

GarryowenAg said:

I doubt the accuracy of this post, but would be huge if true. This account claims the LTC that was captured the other day was the LTG of the "West" Group in disguise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/x9a5nc/that_lt_col_captured_yesterday_was_actually/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Worked for Santa Anna, too.
Maybe the Command & Signals vehicle capture were near this Col or GEN POW?
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
lb3
AG
JFABNRGR said:

sclaff said:

GarryowenAg said:

I doubt the accuracy of this post, but would be huge if true. This account claims the LTC that was captured the other day was the LTG of the "West" Group in disguise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/x9a5nc/that_lt_col_captured_yesterday_was_actually/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Worked for Santa Anna, too.
Maybe the Command & Signals vehicle capture were near this Col or GEN POW?

Photos look convincing enough.
Waffledynamics
AG
I don't think it's the same guy. Look at the nose.
PA24
AG
Same guy, look at the ears. Also the mole on cheek and chin.
The D
AG
Waffledynamics said:

That's cause his nose is broken
txags92
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

bkag9824 said:

Not to be overly hyperbolic, but is this a modern day blitzkreig in reverse?

Limited reporting on Ukr losses seem to indicate a rout is indeed underway.

I think Ukraine is lost a lot of men but staying tight lipped. You don't have this kind of counteroffensive without losses.

I do think they're inflicting far more damage on the Russians though. I don't know that they'll put them in a full on retreat and rout them, but they're definitely taking ground at an alarming (if you're Russian) rate and inflicting substantial losses. Will be interesting how they spin this with, "Everything is still on schedule and according to plan."
Our troops will make it back to Belgorod in time to celebrate the October revolution! Just as we planned all along...

/orc spokesman
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
GarryowenAg
AG
The D said:

Waffledynamics said:

That's cause his nose is broken

This conversation is leading me to think of al the Azov soldiers who are imprisoned for "war crimes", including their commander who's a shell of his old self. With all these Russian pows, and now an alleged flag officer, I wonder if the Ukes will be able to bargain for their repatriation. Or in the least, tell the Russians each of those POWs will receive similar fates. I am curious what's happening to those Azov fighters, though. We haven't seen many more details lately other than the alleged gallows that were being built.
txags92
AG
I thought they were in the prison that the Russians fire bombed and blamed on the Ukrainians.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Executing enlisted POWs would ultimate be counterproductive. Incentivize your enemy to surrender.
Not a Bot
AG
Ukraine presidential office said today that Ukrainian forces had re-captured 1,000 square kilometers of territory in the last week.
GarryowenAg
AG
txags92 said:

I thought they were in the prison that the Russians fire bombed and blamed on the Ukrainians.
Not all of them
Not a Bot
AG

Don't know why the tweet I was trying to post won't load but he's saying this captured territory puts the key Russian supply lines to Izyum within reach of artillery.
Gilligan
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Outstanding interview so far. You can listen at 1.5 speed.
https://funker530.com/video/tell-all-interview-with-fallujah-veteran-fighting-in-ukraine/

"This is a war for land" it couldn't be said better
Waffledynamics
AG
Interesting commentary throughout this video. I won't bother with the cliff notes this time, as he really summarizes a lot of what we've been talking about here plus additional information and analysis. I will say, though, that at 8:09, he mentions that the men stationed to defend Balakliya were literally the Russian version of SWAT.

FriscoKid
AG
He's right. It is a "turning point for sure".

The next couple weeks will decide this "war".
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics said:

he mentions that the men stationed to defend Balakliya were literally the Russian version of SWAT.

IIRC Rosgvgardia (or however it is spelled) were some of the first ones into Ukraine because of their experience in civilian crowd management. Russian planners thought it would be a quick rout. A lot of those dudes ended up dead.

If they were the only ones in the city then the Russians either thought there was minimal military risk and allocated forces elsewhere or had no other option. It's also possible the regular forces bugged out and the remaining guys were there to slow the Ukes down.
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Looks like a failed attempt at a thread, haha.
lb3
AG
Provided for historical context:

FriscoKid
AG

Looks like they made it to the river.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
FriscoKid said:

Looks like they made it to the river.
If true, that's another massive push from yesterday. Denys was just mentioning in his 9/8 video that he anticipated the Ukes would degrade that area and drop the bridge in that city since there's such a massive buildup of Russians troops.
FriscoKid
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
Bit more proof.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Explosions reported in Sevastopol

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/9-september-explosions-reported-in-sevastopol-
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

The 25th brigade captured a battery of self-propelled guns Msta-S of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation with the inscriptions "To Kyiv" and "Crimea is ours"

Soldiers of the 25th Airborne Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine during the offensive near Balakleya captured an entire battery of 152 mm Msta-S self-propelled artillery mounts from the 18th Insterburg motorized rifle division of the RF Armed Forces. In order to secretly escape from the cauldron, Russian gunners threw absolutely serviceable self-propelled guns with full ammunition. The offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was so swift that even long-range artillery, which was stationed 20 kilometers from the front line, was captured in its positions. It is especially amusing that Russian self-propelled guns are outlined with boastful inscriptions "To Kyiv" and "Crimea is ours". As a result, the braggarts fled to Moscow, and they threw not only guns, but also personal small arms. The Russian army near Balakleya scatters in complete panic.

https://t.me/ButusovPlus/969

Not a Bot
AG
If I thought the Russians were smart, I would think some of this quick territorial gain is strategic and an attempt to get Ukrainian forces stretched out too far, too quickly.
AgLA06
AG
Here's to me hoping Izium quickly becomes Russia's Melitopol. Just much less time until surrender.
txags92
AG
AgLA06 said:

Here's to me hoping Izium quickly becomes Russia's Melitopol. Just much less time until surrender.
I am hoping the locals bring out the long knives when the orcs try to dig in and get ready for the fight.
First Page Last Page
Page 730 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.