***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,630,488 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by 74OA
SwigAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txags92 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Not sure, but there is an IAEA mission there right now.
Has it been confirmed that they actually made it there? Last I read, they were being denied access at a Russian checkpoint because they were trying to come to the plant via Ukraine. The Russians wanted them to leave and come back to the plant via Russia.
I saw a news headline this morning that they've made it to the plant.
74OA
AG
I think the clip may be old, but it's still fun..........

74OA
AG
SwigAg11 said:

txags92 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Not sure, but there is an IAEA mission there right now.
Has it been confirmed that they actually made it there? Last I read, they were being denied access at a Russian checkpoint because they were trying to come to the plant via Ukraine. The Russians wanted them to leave and come back to the plant via Russia.
I saw a news headline this morning that they've made it to the plant.
YES
74OA
AG
Yet another Russian oligarch "falls" out of a window. YGBSM

Ulysses90
AG
74OA said:

I think the clip may be old, but it's still fun..........

The Ukes didn't even bother to fire a second shell. It's like they are Thor throwing lightning bolts.

This is probably the best real-time demonstration of fast and accurate counter-battery fire in history. Firefinder radar probably sent the grid to the artillery battery in ~5 seconds and it took about 20 seconds for the FDC to compute the deflection and quadrant elevation and send it to the gun. The gun bunnies probably had a shell and propellant already in the tube and just needed to traverse and elevate onto the target and then pull the lanyard. Time of flight could be between 20-40 seconds so the Ukrainian artillery is very close to the Russian positions. If they were firing at a long range from ~20km away, the time of flight would be 45-60 seconds or greater. Bravo.
SouthTex99
AG
AgLA06
AG
First shell landed in the trees. Second just missed long. Didn't see anything after that. They might not have actually hit it, but got the message across.
Ulysses90
AG
I thought that the shell bursting at the 1:01 mark was almost a direct hit. Comparing it to the freeze frame from the 0:54 mark the burst looked to be right on where the TOS-1 was sitting. There is camera jostling between tht 0:54 and 1:01 marks but in any case it was close.
GarryowenAg
AG
Thanks for the summation, CPT Obvious.
Rock1982
AG
You are back …
JFABNRGR
AG
1:01 mark is backblast from TOS firing again. Initial shot in vid framed out the backblast so it looks different. Machine is heard tracking away to get blown up another day.
AgLA06
AG
Ulysses90 said:

I thought that the shell bursting at the 1:01 mark was almost a direct hit. Comparing it to the freeze frame from the 0:54 mark the burst looked to be right on where the TOS-1 was sitting. There is camera jostling between tht 0:54 and 1:01 marks but in any case it was close.
I think we were both wrong. I just got to watch it on my computer with the sound on.

• First artillery shell hits at :47 seconds across the road in the trees by where the vehicles are parked.
  • What we thought was a second shell actually appears to be the TOS-1 firing all its remaining rockets. You can still see it intact in frames 1:06-1:08 and over their shoulders at 1:10.
  • More artillery rounds appear to come in at the end of the video where they hit the deck, but can't determine where they land.

Doesn't really matter. Great, quick counter batter fire. If it had been multiple batteries they would have done some damage.
LMCane
HotAir reporting that 3 FSB agents walked into a bar in Kherson and spotted two Russkie infantry NCO drinking vodka.

hilarity and gunfire ensue- killing three and wounding two.
Eliminatus
AG
LMCane said:

HotAir reporting that 3 FSB agents walked into a bar in Kherson and spotted two Russkie infantry NCO drinking vodka.

hilarity and gunfire ensue- killing three and wounding two.

I think a lieutenant colonel was killed in the crossfire if I am getting my stories straight. Something definitely happened blue on blue related but details were blurry as of yesterday that I could tell.
AgLA06
AG
Was that all the reported small arms fire from in the city yesterday?
JFABNRGR
AG
Longer vid of gunfight at bridge. On this one, it appears nobody was killed and doesn't appear wounded either.
Amazing and both sides need to thank God if made it out of that. Vid cuts before any clear determination but if russian vid than probably good for Ukes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/x386hk/longer_version_of_a_closerange_fight_between/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Ag In Ok
AG
So the much ballyhooed Russian rail network skills can't make a secondary rail line from Rostov on Don to Denetsk…. After all this time they still rely on heavy rail through a single network in Crimea. Amazing to me.
jobu93
AG
Two of those guys had angels with them.. The Russian who was on right up on the bridgehead in the depression (he got shot at at least a full magazine's worth from no more than 8 feet away) and the Uke who was firing on him. The Uke didn't get zipped by the other Russian who could have fragged him with a nice toss.

War is random. If you were to tell me that two guys less than 10 yards away from one another were exchanging gunfire and they would not hit one another I would have a hard time believing that.
P.U.T.U
AG
It does matter though, if you did not kill anyone or destroy any equipment your enemy now has a better idea of your capabilities without losing anything. Next time they will shoot and move immediately
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, but that also means they're going have to be moving often, regardless of if they need to. Will limit their fire capability.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ouch

Flying Crowbar
AG
Did he fall on a bunch of bullets? Because that would be horrible luck.
  • Get sick and go to the hospital.
  • Accidentally fall out of a hospital window.
  • Land on a bunch of bullets.
Ag In Ok
AG
Damn that's big. Also sounds like Andre the Giant talking.
From those who know or have read - how big of a role have mines been in this conflict? More so than expected?
JFABNRGR
AG
TB2 getting back after it thanks to ADA radar knock outs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x3d3lg/agm88_harm_cleared_the_sky_for_bayraktars_enjoy/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/x3brvd/russian_2s3_akatsiya_152mm_spg_destroyed_by_tb2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

And supposed irony of the day ORC APC carrying 200 TM62 anti tank mines sent to the moon by TM62 mine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x3csy5/brainless_0rkz_decided_to_transport_200_tm62/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Supposed orcs waiving the white flag in Donetsk but they have done this before and continued fighting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x3cg2o/donetsk_region_ruzzians_are_surrendering_waving_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
FriscoKid
AG
AgLA06
AG
I sincerely doubt that.
FriscoKid
AG
AgLA06 said:

I sincerely doubt that.
I don't. It's all over Twitter.
AgLA06
AG
Then share. Nothing popped up on a Google search or reddit about 5k men of one of the most experienced units being wiped out.
FriscoKid
AG
AgLA06 said:

Then share. Nothing popped up on a Google search or reddit about 5k men of one of the most experienced units being wiped out.
Just the message that I posted above. I guess there isn't any number associated with it though. Maybe it's just worded funny to say that they lost a lot from that unit.
Bevo99
The word "entire" seems pretty straightforward.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bevo99 said:

That's from a random Indian guy posting a screenshot that does not include "entire" instead of a link.

ETA If this were real, I think the original would be retweeted by this account and many others. Since it's a screenshot being posted randomly, I am highly skeptical.
FriscoKid
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Bevo99 said:

That's from a random Indian guy posting a screenshot that does not include "entire" instead of a link.
Yeah, I changed my opinion here. The original link just said day to remember those that had fallen. The other part about it being all of them was just added by pro-Russian folks that want it to be true.

Furthermore, if Russia had killed an entire brigade then they would be shouting it through their official news channels.
Bevo99
Yeah,

I figured if it was legit it would be easy to find, but I wasn't seeing anything other than a video of a couple guys that were shot being transported.

If the stuff about the day of mourning is true it's probably not a small number.
txags92
AG
I haven't been keeping up with what specific units are where. Was the 128th one of the groups defending Azovstal? Maybe this is about them being killed in captivity?
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian base destroyed in a missile strike in Snihurivka
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/1-september-russian-base-destroyed-in-a-missile-strike-in

First Page Last Page
Page 719 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.