***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,006 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
Ag In Ok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Respectfully disagree - I'll swap embarrassment for wasted ammunition. All day. Embarrassment will lead to improved tactics. Thinking you are destroying enemy equipment only reinforces a losing and wasteful tactic.
AgLA06
AG
The point is they stop using the missiles them at all. Which is useful if you know you have to put your HIMARs at risk.

10 wasted missiles means nothing if the 11th hits an actual HIMARs.
FriscoKid
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
I see your point
This in a way falls back to key point for me - hard to know how much of what each side has. Always true in war.
Who?mikejones!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch4vPfrL9Md/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
JFABNRGR
AG
Amazing how long that guy lived RIP.
Grenades and Ranger buddies can't have too many of them and he was out way too early.
No Spin Ag
moldaggie said:

SLAVA UKRAINE !!!! I am SOOO IMPRESSED by their will and determination. Daaaam, they are teaching the world what resilience and resolve is TRULY about.

Slava Ukraine indeed.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
FriscoKid
AG

Edit: Reddit claims this is an old video.
GarryowenAg
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
Well. There will be losses and significant. I have already seen pics/vids of whole Ukrainian infantry platoons and multiple tanks destroyed in the offensive. My prayers to them and theirs as they continue to work on freeing their sovereign lands.

Big hit on ammo dump. Says Kherson but I cannot confirm anything other than the videographer has had either too much or not enough vodka.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/x1svkb/khersonua_3008_ammo_warehouse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

EDIT this may be from July 11th.
BusterAg
AG
Bevo99 said:

Unless it's misinformation
Or unless the Russians have quit firing at the wooden decoys, and now the real launchers have plywood armor.
Ag In Ok
AG
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
FamousAgg
Truly impressive shot
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

benchmark
AG
FWIW ...
agent-maroon
AG
Think what you will of the trustworthiness of the rus, but you have to admit that they are consistent...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Truly impressive shot

This has been reported a few times in different places. One said it was Kherson. Donetsk is quite far away. It's possible we're being misled on this one.
JFABNRGR
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x2b26f/ukrainian_soldiers_on_the_frontlines/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

four languages UKR, American, Spanish, Polish. Danger close shots. My knees would be bloody and the spacing would increase, I would likely be in the woods more. The night is my friend.

God speed Heroes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/x2bawn/the_moment_of_the_counteroffensive_in_the_south/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

UKR armor with infantry on the move broad daylight.

Waffledynamics
AG
I'm sure that will go well if true.

JFABNRGR
AG
Waffledynamics said:

BattleGrackle said:

Truly impressive shot

This has been reported a few times in different places. One said it was Kherson. Donetsk is quite far away. It's possible we're being misled on this one.
this is the west end of the runway at Donetsk Airport at the security fence. The burned up armor possibly from 2014 is clear on google earth.

I assumed this was heavy mortar round and not artillery but I could be wrong.

Either way this tells me orcs have no manned air assets at this airport that are operational.

The Fife
Any idea what state the runway is in? Ok after a FOD walk, or all cratered up?
JFABNRGR
AG
The Fife said:

Any idea what state the runway is in? Ok after a FOD walk, or all cratered up?
Imagery is from 9-23-19. Runway and taxiway looks good but what was once a great looking terminal building and hangers are blown to bits.

Red1
The 42nd Russian Division is trapped on the West side of the Dnipro River, and it's a major river. I read the SECDEF and Biden gave the Ukrainians weapons more suitable for counterattacking. However, they were not specific about the military aid. There are reports of Ukraine breaching Russian defenses.

The bridges have been destroyed which means the 42nd is trapped, can't be reinforced, and can't be resupplied.

Here are some thoughts:

- The 42nd is trapped on the West side of the Dnipro River. I believe the bridges used for logistics, retreat, and reinforcements have been destroyed. The 42nd is isolated.

- The Russians might have to defend a front that could be 200 miles or more. The division has approximately 25,000 soldiers. That is not large enough to defend such a large front, and it gives Ukrainian forces lot of room to maneuver in the area of operations which should mean they might be able to attack at a place of choosing, flanking, and surprising the Russians.

- I don't know if the Russians are capable of conducting a mobile defense. The Ukrainians can mass forces and have greater numbers at critical points of attack if the Russians cannot counter Ukraine's offensive operations. Nothing leads me to believe the Russians have the military acumen to execute mobile defenses. Conducting offensive operations and maneuvering are key components of warfare. Bad things can happen if a force cannot move.

The CPT Obvious statement is attrition to vital and necessary assets and resources leads to losing a battle and war. A Russian division that has little fuel, supplies, and munitions is a division that can't defend itself well.
benchmark
AG
FriscoKid
AG

Russia has killed more innocent people than ISIS.
Waffledynamics
AG
And then there are the ones sent away to Russia.

Burn in hell, Putin.
Eliminatus
AG
FriscoKid said:

Russia has killed more innocent people than ISIS.

Mariupol also started with sub 500K before the war began. I think this war parallels WW2 in the information available "behind enemy lines". A lot of the horrors were not found out till towards the end and even after. Places like Bucha are going to be blips compared to Mariupol I am sure after we get a full accounting, whenever that may be.
FriscoKid
AG

Kind of like a pre-season hype video.
FamousAgg
LFG Ukraine
First Page Last Page
Page 717 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.