***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,026 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While information has gone dark from the Ukrainian perspective, Denys was able to find out information from Russian social media earlier in the day. I'll share this as it's already well known information at this point.

At 4:37, Denys details the frontline defenses that Ukraine smashed through. He mentions that along with Russian soldiers, there are DPR and LPR soldiers there. Or, well, they were there. They were killed, captured, or they deserted.

He also gives predictions and speculation about the offensive.
Faustus
NM.
moldaggie
SLAVA UKRAINE !!!! I am SOOO IMPRESSED by their will and determination. Daaaam, they are teaching the world what resilience and resolve is TRULY about.
moldaggie
And honesty, I only hope we would have the same determination if we were attacked. WOW !!!
Waffledynamics
AG
If you're referring to the Speak the Truth video, I'm assuming there will be more information tomorrow, as he said there will be another video. He goes into a lot of detail, so I wouldn't be surprised if the events took him off guard with his script planning.

I'm trying to give people highlights and aim to add more timestamps in the future for easier perusal.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG

Waffledynamics
AG
Gilligan
AG
moldaggie said:

And honesty, I only hope we would have the same determination if we were attacked. WOW !!!
Wolverines!
black_ice
moldaggie said:

SLAVA UKRAINE !!!! I am SOOO IMPRESSED by their will and determination. Daaaam, they are teaching the world what resilience and resolve is TRULY about.

SLAVA to high elf's of Ukraine!!!!!!!!!! SLAVA !!!!!!!
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
knj2417
AG
The silent and sneaky partisans are stepping up their game. This was talked about extensively in the context that occupation would be difficult to hold. I thought they would be a nuisance, but have proven to be very effective when paired with an offensive by the military.
black_ice
knj2417 said:

The silent and sneaky partisans are stepping up their game. This was talked about extensively in the context that occupation would be difficult to hold. I thought they would be a nuisance, but have proven to be very effective when paired with an offensive by the military.

Remember the Wolverines??! Ukes taking a page from American style payback.
Proc92
This is the best season of reality tv yet!
Ag In Ok
AG
The three attacks - can't help but think our Green Berets taught them well. Held off on the attacks until the front was under assault then commence with the mayhem.
sclaff
AG
https://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/a-game-of-bridges-the-battle-to-retake-kherson.html

"One final problem faces the occupiers of Kherson: partisans. Deeply inserted Ukrainian Special Operations Forces have established Partisan direct action and intelligence networks throughout the city and the surrounding countryside.

Ukrainian partisan networks provide up-to-date targeting data on Russian troop movements and ammunition depots. In the past weeks, Ukrainian artillery has been able to hit bridges just as Russian ammunition convoys are attempting to cross. Partisans will now be passing information on the positions of Russian reinforcements; Ukrainian artillery will make sure they don't arrive.

Ukraine has been playing a long game in Kherson, preparing the battlefield carefully. Those preparations are now coming to fruition. By throttling Russian logistics, Ukraine has negated much of the combat effectiveness of an otherwise overwhelming force. By destroying bridges over the Dnieper, Ukraine has cut off Russian troops from reinforcement. By blowing the P-47 highway bridge at Daryivka, Ukraine has prevented the Russian garrison at Kherson from communicating with, or reinforcing, the occupiers of Nova Kakhovka. These two forces are divided and are now both vulnerable."

Waffledynamics
AG
And just where do they think they're going? (This is on the North side of that imperiled Russian force on the NW of the river)

Quote:

Russian forces attempted to advance towards Potyomkyne, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/30-august-russian-forces-attempted-to-advance-towards-potyomkyne

Another 40-50 km and they'd be at Kryvyi Rih. Not sure that's the best idea, Ivan.
GarryowenAg
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
They need to be really careful with videos for OPSEC reasons.
GarryowenAg
AG
Looks like this isn't going to be a lightning campaign.
aggiehawg
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Looks like this isn't going to be a lightning campaign.

Makes sense. Shape the battlefield and cut off suplies instead of urban combat. Ukes could suffer too many losses until the Russians are weakened substantially.
Ag In Ok
AG
Waffledynamics said:

They need to be really careful with videos for OPSEC reasons.

Oliver comes across as a little sketchy to me.
Gilligan
AG
sclaff said:

"John has a long mustache"
GarryowenAg
AG
I think the caption is a bit misleading since it's coming from an area that appears to be behind the FLOT (my guess is it's an RPG that a dismount was firing and the tank almost drove into it). Regardless, CLOSE CALL!
AgLA06
AG
Agree.

The one soldier literally points and is like "watch out for the tank".

The Ukes seem to be exponentially better at combining forces(armor with troops) to support each other.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

A group of Russian troops have been blown up by their own mines after responding to a prank call from Ukrainians leading them to a booby-trapped home, officials claimed.

The soldiers on patrol in Mariupol received reports that Azov fighters were hiding out in a home on the outskirts of the city, the Mariupol mayor's office said on Telegram.

The troops quickly raced to the house hoping to find the paramilitary fighters, whose comrades fiercely defended the city and its steelworks earlier in the war until they were eventually captured by Putin's forces.
Quote:

But when the Russians arrived at the property there were no enemy soldiers to be found, with pro-Ukrainian partisans behind the fake call.

They were then blown up by mines that their own soldiers had set, which had been forgotten about but spotted by Ukrainians who used them to their advantage.
Link

These Ukes are crafty mofos.
GarryowenAg
AG
aezmvp
GarryowenAg said:

Post holed. But you missed a spot.
Waffledynamics
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Ok now that's the stuff that needs to be kept quiet. Not surprised WaPo is putting this out there.
Bevo99
Unless it's misinformation
AgLA06
AG
Not really. To support the offensive the Ukes are probably going to need to use the HIMARs more frequently then just night ops like they have been.

This is great PsyOps. Embarrassing the Russians for wasting guided missiles (that are already running out of) on wooden targets will make them think twice about pull the trigger on what looks like a HIMARS out in a field.

Hopefully the Ukes have dummy HIMARs they roll out into every field around the real ones when fired. They won't know the difference until the missiles are gone and they are rolling to the new location.
First Page Last Page
Page 716 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.