***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,546,824 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Germany making progress towards its goal of using two-thirds less Russian gas by the end of '22: "In 2021, Russia accounted for about 55% of Germany's gas supply; by mid-April, it had dropped to around 35%, Habeck said on May 1, per S&P Global. Berlin is aiming to cut its Russian fuel supply down even further to 10% by summer 2024, Habeck said." "Germany doesn't have any LNG import terminals now, but it has approved a draft law to fast-track their approval process to one-tenth of the time it usually takes, Bloomberg reported on May 10. The first terminals will be operational by next year, Reuters reported, citing the German network regulator." WEANING
aezmvp
74OA said:

Germany making progress towards its goal of using two-thirds less Russian gas by the end of '22: "In 2021, Russia accounted for about 55% of Germany's gas supply; by mid-April, it had dropped to around 35%, Habeck said on May 1, per S&P Global. Berlin is aiming to cut its Russian fuel supply down even further to 10% by summer 2024, Habeck said." "Germany doesn't have any LNG import terminals now, but it has approved a draft law to fast-track their approval process to one-tenth of the time it usually takes, Bloomberg reported on May 10. The first terminals will be operational by next year, Reuters reported, citing the German network regulator." WEANING
Opening a new LNG terminal in a year is a crazy turn around. Wow.
74OA
AG
aezmvp said:

74OA said:

I'm not sure if that timeline refers to completing a new land regasification facility or arrival of the floating regasification barges that Germany is also renting.
74OA
AG
Nice write-up on the daring helo missions to resupply Ukrainian fighters trapped in Mariupol. GUTS
Not a Bot
AG
He was once considered the moderate alternative to Putin.

I'm wondering how much real information they are getting in what the security services are telling them.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
Not a Bot
AG

JFABNRGR
AG
A hasty fighting position has its place when you are caught in the open against enemy artillery. We should be sending plenty of E tools. I am guessing about 75M meters from impact.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v72hfh/a_shell_lands_next_to_a_supposedly_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Georgians in intense firefight. rifles, grenade launcher, ATMs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v72u2q/6minute_video_of_todays_clash_between_georgian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Drone drop munition directly in trench direct hit at T intersection.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v6z25w/ukrainian_24th_mechanized_brigade_dropping/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
lb3
AG
aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Not to derail, but they can always bring in some floating terminals on barges.
lb3
AG
JFABNRGR said:

A hasty fighting position has its place when you are caught in the open against enemy artillery. We should be sending plenty of E tools. I am guessing about 75M meters from impact.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v72hfh/a_shell_lands_next_to_a_supposedly_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Georgians in intense firefight. rifles, grenade launcher, ATMs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v72u2q/6minute_video_of_todays_clash_between_georgian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Drone drop munition directly in trench direct hit at T intersection.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/v6z25w/ukrainian_24th_mechanized_brigade_dropping/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
They need to start carrying and dropping these munitions in a vertical manner. They lose far too much accuracy being dropped horizontally while the 3d printed fins stabilize the mortar.
lb3
AG
docb said:

Sounds as if Russia is having to pull troops from Kherson and Melitopol to try and patch things up there. May not be going so good for the Russians. I bet the Ukranians are able to take Kherson in the next few weeks.
Kherson is going to be tough and Ukraine is unlikely to make much of a push there until the fall at the earliest. As the gateway to Crimea, its strategic value to the Russians is very high.
74OA
AG
lb3 said:

aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Not to derail, but they can always bring in some floating terminals on barges.
They're doing that, too. BARGES
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus
Nice.
aggiehawg
AG
Yeah, that was something. Italian media.

Sea change is happening.
lb3
AG
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1534291035924340736.html

Demosthenes81
AG
Rossticus said:

Nice.

"i will not be the fig leaf to those two testicles standing beside you"

Oh how I wish our jounalists had such a spine.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Waffledynamics
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
74OA
AG
Interesting update of all three major fronts in Ukraine. BBC
lb3
AG
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1534316051210858496.html

JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

Interesting update of all three major fronts in Ukraine. BBC
Without air power the long range indirect fire cant get there fast enough. Will be devastating to the orcs in the south if they can keep them from being destroyed by russian aircraft of missiles and will shut down any further advances in the east.
Not a Bot
AG
It's still astonishes me they could not gain control of the air by day 3, let alone day 100.

Not a Bot
AG
GinMan
AG
Jock 07
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Interesting, If true I'm a bit surprised we're willing to hand over such operational/strategic missile systems. ASBMs will be critical in a PACOM SCS or Taiwan fight.
aezmvp
Jock 07 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Interesting, If true I'm a bit surprised we're willing to hand over such operational/strategic missile systems. ASBMs will be critical in a PACOM SCS or Taiwan fight.
Sounds like a good time to make sure what they can really do then.
Bird Poo
AG
I believe that as this drags on, we're learning a lot more about Russia. Heck, we're able to pinpoint 15 generals' exact location and provide it to Uke in real time. That in itself is more aggressive than any weapon system.

I think our military strategists are becoming bolder and more confident because bleeding Russia out is working. I also think we have enough intelligence to call Russia's bluff on nukes. They might get a few off, but their arsenal is probably complete junk. When 40% of your conventional missiles didn't work, then you have major problems.
G Martin 87
AG
Captain Positivity said:

He was once considered the moderate alternative to Putin.

I'm wondering how much real information they are getting in what the security services are telling them.
Medvedev was never really an alternative. Putin placed him in the Presidency to ensure his continuing control of the Russian government as the PM. Medvedev has always been Putin's puppet.
First Page Last Page
Page 636 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.