***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,596,245 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by Ag with kids
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Numerous reports that Moskva transmitting in Cyrillic Morse that it's going down. Can't confirm without access to the frequency but Russia known to transmit openly on certain frequencies. Will post frequency or additional confirmation when available.
Robk

Still unconfirmed, but I am just thinking. It would be great for Ukraine to get a video of them using spot lights to signal the code then auction off the NFT of the video. Bet they could make some good money. Hell even a video of the group that hit the ship patting themselves on the back listening to the transmission would bring in big bucks.
txags92
AG
Would love to see the Ukrainians send back a morse code message in cyrillic saying "Russian Warship, Go F*** Yourself!"
Rossticus
Rossticus
FAAFO Russia…

MeatDr
AG

one MEEN Ag
AG
Could a submarine pass through the bosphorus without being detected? Not talking about the political ramifications, just more the technical ability.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'll wait to get excited about the Moskva, but if there's really two tugs going out there it could easily be real.
Not a Bot
AG
This ship is the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet.

Although it's gotten some upgrades, it's not exactly the most modern ship. It was built in 1979, decommissioned in 1990, sat for 10 years then recommissioned. Per Wikipedia it was due for some upgrades in 2016 but may not have been completed due to budgetary reasons.

It has six close in weapons systems and fairly advanced anti air capability.

Will need to see some more information and clarification on cause of issue, if in fact it is damaged. Ukraine Neptune system is in its infant stages and first battalion wasn't even scheduled to go online until April. They don't have very many of these missiles or launchers, if any, apart from the initial test beds.
Rossticus
Assuming the Moskva deal is for real:

JFABNRGR
AG
txags92 said:

Would love to see the Ukrainians send back a morse code message in cyrillic saying "Russian Warship, Go F*** Yourself!"
That may be a bunch of cruise missiles at the bottom and not on civilian target....you just hate to see it. Good chance the ISR bird found its prey for the good guys.

This is another blow as well.

https://t.me/conflictzone/22868

If all true today, I would expect missiles out of sevastopul to launch anytime and they will need to be refitted so the kerch bridge might have to come down as well.
Not a Bot
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Could a submarine pass through the bosphorus without being detected? Not talking about the political ramifications, just more the technical ability.

Likely not.
aezmvp
one MEEN Ag said:

Highly unlikely lots of sonar and other things going on there. It's possible with Turkish cooperation of course, but it would be unsafe and my trust in Navy seamanship is pretty low after the last few years.
Rossticus
Rossticus

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
aezmvp said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Highly unlikely lots of sonar and other things going on there. It's possible with Turkish cooperation of course, but it would be unsafe and my trust in Navy seamanship is pretty low after the last few years.
yea, that was my thought too. i'm no expert, but my understanding is that a sub hides from passive sonar by being quiet and from active sonar by avoiding it (going wide or deep). And that strait doesn't leave much room to avoid. (max depth in that channel is only 360 ft)

edit to add: but the SSGN Ohio Subs carry 154 Tomahawks that they could hit any target in ukraine with while staying in the Mediterranean, so they wouldn't need to get into the black sea anyways
Rossticus
Definitely sending Vlad a public message now.

Not a Bot
AG
They still have plenty of land-based batteries in Crimea and in the occupied areas. Loss of this ship would mean much more flexibility for Ukraine and less mobility for Russia in terms of air defense.
Jock 07
AG
Just got this notification so who knows

Quote:

UKRAINIAN INTERNAL AFFAIRS MINISTRY OFFICIAL REPORTEDLY CONFIRMS TWO UKRAINIAN NEPTUNE ANTI-SHIP CRUISE MISSILES STRUCK RUSSIAN NAVAL CRUISER MOSKVA: LOCAL NEWS OUTLET VIA INFORESIST.
agent-maroon
AG
Do we actually need to place a boomer in the Black Sea or is the sub entering the Mediterranean at Gibralter mostly to send a message?

And might we have a sub in the Black Sea already?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ccard257
AG
aezmvp said:

one MEEN Ag said:

easy...use a tanker as a hat...right between the screws. Just need a man with a tattoo on his dick.

Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
SSGN is a boomer converted into a guided missile truck. Basically carries a **** ton of cruise or anti-ship missiles instead of nukes.
aggiehawg
AG
agent-maroon said:

Do we actually need to place a boomer in the Black Sea or is the sub entering the Mediterranean at Gibralter mostly to send a message?

Very doubtful we placed a sub there before Turkey shut them down. And can never get a carrier into the Black Sea, too big to get through the straits.

However, before the invasion, several Russian vessels from other Russian fleets were sent to the Black Sea. If they need to return to their home ports outside of the Black Sea, Turkey will let them leave. But won't let them return later.

And we are waiting on the other side.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Why announce this publicly?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
agent-maroon said:

first, if the tweet is accurate, its a SSGN which is not a boomer (ballistic missile sub SSBN) but a cruise missile sub.

But even so, the answer is no. The published range on the newest Tomahawks is 1035+ miles. Here is what that looks like from Mariupol.

thats a lot a Med, waters for a sub to hide in. and that's not accounting for the extra range that is classified.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Why announce this publicly?

Because it won't be a secret. Russia can see our birds all over the place surrounding Ukraine. It sends a very public signal though. Russia isn't communicating with us any more. This speaks to them loud and clear.
Jock 07
AG
agent-maroon said:

SSGN not SSBN. You won't see any notifications of SSBN movements.
BQ_90
AG
Rossticus said:

FAAFO Russia…

Is that a SEAL pod on the back of the sub
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JB!98
AG
BQ_90 said:

Rossticus said:

FAAFO Russia…

Is that a SEAL pod on the back of the sub
Yep, the SSGN is rigged for SEALs and covert operations.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Rossticus
Yep. Looks like a dry deck shelter to me.
Robk
Unconfirmed but rumors of Kershon airport getting hit AGAIN.

aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Pardon my ignorance here but can you expound on this?

TIA.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Pardon my ignorance here but can you expound on this?

TIA.
think air lock but for a submarine. let's divers in and out while the sub is submerged. Also, to the SEAL question, aren't dry deck shelter's how they house and launch the SDVs?
First Page Last Page
Page 478 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.