***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,601,018 Views | 47846 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sclaff
Robk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
The issue is they're not giving anyone a choice between going to Russia or western Ukraine (or another Euro country accepting refugees) so the likelihood is quite negligible that the bulk of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians truly wanted their personal identifiers to be confiscated and to be shipped into Russia as opposed to the myriad other options.

Putin also rebuffed a combined French, Greek, Turkish mission to provide humanitarian removal of civilians from Mariupol as well as bring aid.
JFABNRGR
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

JFABNRGR said:

Rossticus said:

Russia with even more forced deportations. Ethnic cleansing. Bull*****

and now one of the few assets they can trade for the lifting of sanctions....
Could these be Russian supporters?
The numbers alone are suspect. First only 121 kids of 615,000???

russians struggling to provision their own 120-200K army in Ukraine, how do they move, feed, bathroom, sleep 615K??

Supporters or non supporters, I suspect less than 1% have any desire to go back to russia. Their diplomats, students, & professionals stay away from russia as much as possible. I am also willing to bet any that were moved into the Donbass/Crimea areas have grown fonder over Ukraine than mother russia.

I would also bet many of the expelled diplomats do not return to russia and or disappear shortly afterwards.

MeatDr
AG
JFABNRGR said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

JFABNRGR said:

Rossticus said:

Russia with even more forced deportations. Ethnic cleansing. Bull*****

and now one of the few assets they can trade for the lifting of sanctions....
Could these be Russian supporters?
The numbers alone are suspect. First only 121 kids of 615,000???

russians struggling to provision their own 120-200K army in Ukraine, how do they move, feed, bathroom, sleep 615K??

Supporters or non supporters, I suspect less than 1% have any desire to go back to russia. Their diplomats, students, & professionals stay away from russia as much as possible. I am also willing to bet any that were moved into the Donbass/Crimea areas have grown fonder over Ukraine than mother russia.

I would also bet many of the expelled diplomats do not return to russia and or disappear shortly afterwards.

The 121 in the tweet is a typo. It's supposed to be 121,000.
MeatDr
AG
Ulysses90
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Ulysses90 said:

Rossticus said:

Statement from Milley yesterday re: Russian deterrence gives a bit of insight into US intel and approach. Excerpted from a larger article.

' Several Republicans asked Milley and Austin whether the US failed in its efforts to deter Russian President Vladimir Putin from attacking Ukraine. Milley responded that he did not think Putin could have been deterred unless US forces had deployed from Ukraine a scenario he would have advised against had it been proposed.

"Candidly, short of the commitment of US military forces into Ukraine proper, I'm not sure he was deterrable. This has been a long-term objective of his that goes back years," Milley said. "I think the idea of deterring Putin from invading Ukraine, deterring him by the United States, would have required the commitment of US military forces, and I think that would have risked armed conflict with Russia, which I certainly wouldn't have advised." '
I wonder where Milley was during Operation Deny Flight. There were no NATO boots on the ground and there was still shooting going on throughout the operation but it was approved to prevent or impede a genocide in a country that was not part of NATO.
Operation Deny Flight would fall under "commitment of US forces."
I should say so. I received a NATO Medal for being assigned to 26th MEU in 1993 during Operation Deny Flight and Operation Provide Promise (which delivered 30,000 tons of food an relief supplies to Sarajevo a year before the Dayton Accords cease fire was signed.
erudite
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10691043/First-NATO-country-sends-tanks-Ukraine-Czech-Republic-provides-tanks-following-Zelenskys-plea.html

Czechs sending T-72s and BMP-1s.

There's a few videos online I can not post "showing" Ukranian troops "Dressing up civvies" and "repositioning them" to make it look like Russian warcrimes. Source unknown.

Some Russian leaning "independent media" group made an argument that the NYT Bucha sattlite photo was fake. If anyone has experience with how this stuff works pipe in because I don't know too much about this stuff. They have corrected the date of photo from Mar 31 to Apr 1st.

Also adsense had demontized any UKR-RUS war content not within the approval of the powers that be.

Rossticus
I've seen that. It says a lot yet provides no actual proof of the claims. The pics included in the statement do nothing to support the assertions in the text and no additional pics were ever provided that do so either.

It's disinfo and it does not originate from "independent leaning" sources. In short, it's crap. It's a lazy effort under the guise of "OSINT" which the creators used in order to try and lend it cred.
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus
See previous page where I posted a translation of the release by Mariupol City Council if you're interested in what it says.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
That's utterly sadistic.
Rossticus
MeatDr said:

Keep on rolling boys! Getcha some!
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

MeatDr said:

Keep on rolling boys! Getcha some!
Gonna need to either capture an intact bridge over the Dnieper or employ some sort of tactical bridging fairly soon.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
JFABNRGR
AG
when explosive energy has no where to go....both the earth and heavy plate steel have to try and absorb it all!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/txtmke/destroyed_russian_tanks/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus
A reminder that there is full by-in from Russians and Russian allies that Ukrainian Nazis are killing Ukrainians. There is a much bigger issue at play even after the war as THEY (Russian and Chinese people plus many other useful idiots) will believe that evil has triumphed.

This won't end here, I'm afraid. Millions both internationally and in the US have swallowed this insanity hook line and sinker. Because the alternative is that "we're the baddies".

Here's a screen cap of one such lovely lady:

Robk
Rossticus said:

A reminder that there is full by-in from Russians and Russian allies that Ukrainian Nazis are killing Ukrainians. There is a much bigger issue at play even after the war as THEY (Russian and Chinese people plus many other useful idiots) will believe that evil has triumphed.

This won't end here, I'm afraid. Millions both internationally and in the US have swallowed this insanity hook line and sinker. Because the alternative is that "we're the baddies".

Here's a screen cap of one such lovely lady:

Here is a little glimmer of hope compared to other videos I have seen recently. Not all good but more sane views then in the last few videos I have watched. Still the one guy who does not believe his dad living in ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/txrqqw/what_russians_think_of_the_bucha_massacre/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
ABATTBQ11
AG
I wonder how many of those accounts are real and how many are just bots or FSB
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
erudite said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10691043/First-NATO-country-sends-tanks-Ukraine-Czech-Republic-provides-tanks-following-Zelenskys-plea.html

There's a few videos online I can not post "showing" Ukranian troops "Dressing up civvies" and "repositioning them" to make it look like Russian warcrimes. Source unknown.

Some Russian leaning "independent media" group made an argument that the NYT Bucha sattlite photo was fake. If anyone has experience with how this stuff works pipe in because I don't know too much about this stuff. They have corrected the date of photo from Mar 31 to Apr 1st.

Also adsense had demontized any UKR-RUS war content not within the approval of the powers that be.

Odd thing is that the Lat/Long matches up with the first photo, but the street map in it that is trying to show the angle of the sun doesn't match up with the location.
Rossticus
Thanks. We forget that even after WW2 and everything being brought to light, many citizens of the axis powers at the time went to their graves still believing that they were "the good guys".

Indoctrination and heavily fortified worldviews don't just disappear when presented with evidence to the contrary. People are far more likely to reject overwhelming evidence in these situations than to undertake the extremely unpleasant process of deconstruction and analyzation of their existing beliefs and allegiances.
ABATTBQ11
AG
"Hey Russians... Remember all of the Soviet propaganda about how great everything was and how terrible the West was.and how they had to keep you there for your own good? Well guess who's running your county and need now! IT'S THE SAME GUYS!"
JFABNRGR
AG
Bucha atrocities.......Why are we even discussing this as much as we are?

Wasn't the invasion itself enough or how about the indiscriminate destruction of residential structures by the thousands in multiple cities by the russians, sometimes not a military target in sight. Is it because we haven't seen that many bodies among the rubble or is that somehow more justified if they were hiding in their basement and the cameras haven't got in yet.

Or how about the Ukrainian rescuers fire/ems/etc who continually put themselves in harms way often minutes after a strike knowing a second volley without changing targeting could drop right on them. People who take these risks to save others don't massacre their own in the street for a sales pitch to nato/eu. Hell our leaders can't hardly visit the border or walk through hurricane damage and that Zelensky guy continually puts himself danger close.
ATX_AG_08
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I've noticed tons of pro Russia accounts that started in 2021. Like the one above.
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
ATX_AG_08 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

I've noticed tons of pro Russia accounts that started in 2021. Like the one above.

Many are members of troll farms that indoctrinate and influence both their own people as well as people internationally. I'm not sure most people TRULY appreciate how broad Russia's disinformation operation is and it's worldwide reach to influence peoples' opinions in other countries as well as to impact international business, politics, and social sentiment to their benefit. They have heavily invested in and weaponized it.

Always verify the sources and evidence for anything that you consume. Even if it appears to come from a domestic or "trusted" source.

Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Impossible to know but the operation is self replicating. Once a real individual takes the bait then they begin to fill the same role as a bot/FSB/paid troll. It replicates like a virus.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

erudite said:

Odd thing is that the Lat/Long matches up with the first photo, but the street map in it that is trying to show the angle of the sun doesn't match up with the location.
Here's the real view. It's close, but not the same location in their screen.
https://www.suncalc.org/#/50.5418,30.2301,19/2022.04.06/15:30/1/3
Jetpilot86
AG
PJYoung said:

The ChiComs are so opportunistic, that if Russia is really "having" to show this kind of weakness, it might invite them to make moves in Eastern Russia even more likely. If they get intel that the Russian nukes are in as bad a shape as everything else Russian, this could take a very morbid turn.
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CcA8GYTL7f0
Quote:

"We went to scout positions for a sniper mission, as we moved through Ukrainian trenches looking for spots to get eyes on enemy positions we heard sporadic shelling around 1km away.

The spots were a bust due to the brush and terrible terrain. As we approached the end of the position we realize another units position is just across a dried up riverbed. We decide to risk continuing on to see if there was a better position to shoot from.

I started to become a bit nervous as nobody has radios and we could easily be engaged by friendly forces. One of our guys stepped over the berm waving his hands. We were all waiting to be fired in by friendlies. We decided not to push it and headed back to our lines.

On the walk back we thought we heard the engines of btrs. When we got back to the trenches the spot we were just at started to come under what seemed to be heavy morter fire. We think we may have been spotted by a drone or a spotter from the enemy held village. Just another day in Ukraine."

- Western Volunteer. Invasion of Ukraine. March 28th, 2022.
No wonder some volunteers say it probably will be a one way ticket.
Bird Poo
AG
Rossticus said:

Thanks. We forget that even after WW2 and everything being brought to light, many citizens of the axis powers at the time went to their graves still believing that they were "the good guys".

Indoctrination and heavily fortified worldviews don't just disappear when presented with evidence to the contrary. People are far more likely to reject overwhelming evidence in these situations than to undertake the extremely unpleasant process of deconstruction and analyzation of their existing beliefs and allegiances.

It's amazing that a modern war has been waged in this era of social media and technology, and governments can still get away with indoctrination and lockdown of information. Goes to show that social media does not give us the freedom we all think it does!
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/Cb_i3xMsvY7
Quote:

"Shooting a rocket and hitting your enemy is the best feeling of being alive. Many people saying that war is terrible and yes it is but it is also fun sometimes.

We are now experts at tank ambushes. Our unit has destroyed over 20 vehicles so far. Armored ones especially. We almost never miss! When you fire the rocket everything is quiet for a moment. Then our friends with machine guns and other weapons (more rockets) fire as well.

The Russians mostly seem to have no idea we were even in the area. Sometimes it seems as if their guns are not even loaded. It takes a few moments for them to shoot back. Sometimes they don't shoot back at all but not all the time.

The part I do not like is removing the destroyed bodies from burned vehicles. We sometimes destroy entire lines of vehicles and the Russians run away on foot or drive away with what is left and leave everything else behind. Some vehicles are not even destroyed. Not touched. And they leave them for us.

In February 24th and 25th, we did not expect to have a country a week from then. Now I feel like we could march into Moscow and show these guys what real soldiers look like and how we can easily destroy their armored vehicles and soldiers. I expected more from them. The only fear I have is from missiles and they will someday run out of them."

- Ukrainian Soldier. Invasion of Ukraine. April 1st, 2022.
Wonder if they can keep this up all the way to Mariupol.

Advance, recon with drones, blow up armor, shoot down enemy drones. Advance and repeat.
First Page Last Page
Page 448 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.