***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,600,957 Views | 47846 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sclaff
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry for not following here but was the debunking of the NYT report now been debunked itself because the Lat/Long doesn't match? So the NYT story is still valid?
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/Cb8H_buLaV_
Quote:

"They put cotton pants of a russian soldier on me, then an empty bulletproof vest and a potato-beetle-striped helmet (same as those of ribbon of St. George) Then they tied white bags to my sleeves, same as they had. They brought a chair and sat me down; told me I might have a chance to survive.

I was gradually realizing what will happen. They pointed to a human mannequin lying nearby, a model of a human, and said that it doesn't fit and doesn't work. Then they asked if I understood what I had to do. I said I wasn't stupid.

They promised to let me go after I come back from the tank. I asked to bring Stas, they told me they would bring him after the job's complete. It was the time to get out on the turret of that tank. I was told to fiddle with the gun mantlet at the top. I climbed up and was behaving as brainlessly as I could. I patted the gun, lifted the backpack which was lying on the tank. Then our sniper shot, who they wanted to detect using me.

I think the sniper understood it was a costumed person and shot at the tank, not at me. My arm was wounded by a shatter of something a part of the tank or a bullet I grabbed a pack of dry food which was lying on the tank as well, and ran behind the shed where the russians were waiting. I told them I brought food and asked for something to wipe the blood which was streaming down my hand.

- Anton Kyryk, Ukrainian Civilian. Invasion of Ukraine. March 7th, 2022.
Remember that scene in the movie Enemy at the Gates where the Nazis dress up a capture Soviet sniper as a telephone guy?

Yeah that's happening in 2022.
PJYoung
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sorry for not following here but was the debunking of the NYT report now been debunked itself because the Lat/Long doesn't match? So the NYT story is still valid?
The 'debunking' looks like straight Russian disinformation.
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

A reminder that there is full by-in from Russians and Russian allies that Ukrainian Nazis are killing Ukrainians. There is a much bigger issue at play even after the war as THEY (Russian and Chinese people plus many other useful idiots) will believe that evil has triumphed.

This won't end here, I'm afraid. Millions both internationally and in the US have swallowed this insanity hook line and sinker. Because the alternative is that "we're the baddies".

Here's a screen cap of one such lovely lady:

Would be nice if Twitter would start removing them
aggiehawg
AG
PJYoung said:

aggiehawg said:

Thanks.
Rossticus
PearlJammin said:

Rossticus said:

Thanks. We forget that even after WW2 and everything being brought to light, many citizens of the axis powers at the time went to their graves still believing that they were "the good guys".

Indoctrination and heavily fortified worldviews don't just disappear when presented with evidence to the contrary. People are far more likely to reject overwhelming evidence in these situations than to undertake the extremely unpleasant process of deconstruction and analyzation of their existing beliefs and allegiances.

It's amazing that a modern war has been waged in this era of social media and technology, and governments can still get away with indoctrination and lockdown of information. Goes to show that social media does not give us the freedom we all think it does!

Nope. Because people have figured out how to turn our own innate tendencies for information intake, processing, and assimilation against us.

The more information there is to process, the easier it is to override most peoples' bandwidth or will to verify it. Most folks give up and default to confirmation bias or apathy.
lb3
AG
I've been staring at maps all week. This may be obvious but I thought we could use some perspective:
AgBQ-00
AG
lb3 said:

I've been staring at maps all week. This may be obvious but I thought we could use some perspective:

So basically the fighting in Kharkiv and Kyiv are separated by about the distance from Waco to Lubbock. Good perspective. Thanks for posting!
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Rossticus
javajaws
AG
lb3 said:

I say let them have east Texas.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
PJYoung said:

aggiehawg said:

Yup. Just enough legit information to start trusting all of it, but when you take the time to have a second look, it becomes a laughably bad attempt at discrediting.
Rossticus
Georgians taking the opportunity to go "Inglorious *******s" on Russian POWs. I don't endorse but I don't not understand. Georgians have no love for the Russians. This can still get a lot uglier if it feeds on itself and continues to devolve. Already discussed previously but this thread has additional details.

Full thread (Graphic):
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511761359947460609.html

SOOO…NYT is only believable when it's good for your side. Noted.

Blackbeard94
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

lb3 said:

So basically the fighting in Kharkiv and Kyiv are separated by about the distance from Waco to Lubbock. Good perspective. Thanks for posting!

And I can now reckon the distances in the proper units (hours of drive time).
Rossticus
Rossticus
Something to be mindful of:

Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Train. Versus people standing on the tracks.

My money is on the train.
Rossticus
He mentions it but keep an ear out for the crows. Fun tidbit, throughout history crows are believed by many cultures to be harbingers of death.

Rossticus
To be clear, the Russian was found to be in possession of the gold teeth of others after he himself was killed.

aggiehawg
AG
Seems like those would stand out like a sore thumb on satellite surveillance using thermal, no?
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Seems like those would stand out like a sore thumb on satellite surveillance using thermal, no?

I decided to delete until we see more firm material evidence to support their presence and use. Don't want to sound the alarm on "full Hitler" unless it's solid.

I posted the statement from the city council previously and I think that's enough until we see more Intel/confirmation emerge.
aggiehawg
AG
Transmission acknowledged.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

PJYoung said:

aggiehawg said:

Yup. Just enough legit information to start trusting all of it, but when you take the time to have a second look, it becomes a laughably bad attempt at discrediting.
Ok, I was mistaken on one aspect, but the another items still debunks. The screenshot is using a different layer (OSM).

The time was the incorrect aspect. April 1 11:57 UTC+3 is local time, not GMT like they say above. I thought it was weird that when I switched from March 26th to March 27th and the angle jumped. Turns out, daylight savings occurs on March 27th.

Converting to GMT, it's a difference of .36 degrees, not the 20 degrees that they make it out to be. If you are able to discern a .36 degree differential in the shadows, props to you.
April 1st 0857 GMT, azimuth is 157.61
March 19th at 0857 GMT, azimuth is 157.97

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

Rossticus
This would lead one to consider the possibility that Ukes have had Switchblades from the jump.

Rossticus
As always, consider the source. But being that it's a supposed Russian victory, they're the first to report. They've also reported the complete fall of Mariupol at least a couple of times.

mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Rossticus said:

This would lead one to consider the possibility that Ukes have had Switchblades from the jump.

They may not have had them, but we were just training for contingencies if we were to transfer them. We probably trained them on a lot of platforms that we potentially could be able to donate if Russia invaded.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG

Yeah right. Instead of being put to death by the state inside a prison, they just take a swan dive off of a balcony in a high rise or "disappear" in a gulag somewhere.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Rossticus said:

As always, consider the source. But being that it's a supposed Russian victory, they're the first to report. They've also reported the complete fall of Mariupol at least a couple of times.

Got a link to back this up? Because I have seen no such thing.
Rossticus
I'm not going back to dig and I don't save screenshots. Could have been a retweet or a comment. The implication of the posts was that Russia had "taken Mariupol" when it then turned out to be far less taken. Maybe it's just semantics and how you read it.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Rossticus said:

I'm not going back to dig and I don't save screenshots. Could have been a retweet or a comment. The implication of the posts was that Russia had "taken Mariupol" when it then turned out to be far less taken. Maybe it's just semantics and how you read it.

No they haven't. They've mentioned certain districts being taken but never implied that the whole city has been taken.
First Page Last Page
Page 449 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.