***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,607,433 Views | 47848 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by MaroonStain
BlackGoldAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Sharpshooter said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Just look at Zelenskyy's face.
My God, the man has aged twenty years in a matter of weeks.
........much of it is likely from the impact of his visit to the Bucha massacre site.
I'm actively trying to keep that stuff off my feeds when the wife is around. The stuff in the streets is bad but the basements and the kids they tortured and all the women. Ooof. But this is war and to think that mankind as evolved past what has been a part of war for thousands of years is a fallacy and has been for quite a while.
No, one can't say "but this is war" in regards to civilian torture and killings. Especially women and children. That's a horrible take. Its something we can't even condone from terrorists.

Regardless of our political viewpoints or wokeness, I don' think there are many western countries that will be okay with this. Now holding them accountable is another thing.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't read that and see his take as this being acceptable in any way, but rather his take is that this is awful but also we shouldn't be surprised because despite our insulated first world notions there is still a heck of a lot of evil and brutality in the world. That's how I read it anyways.
FriscoKid
AG

Why are marines wearing tennis shoes?
AgLA06
AG
Rossticus said:

These guys look sketchy. Maybe I'm over analyzing but they don't look like soldiers. Maybe civilians helping with support tasks but not fighters.

I hate tin foil hat theories, but I have to agree. I just commented to my co-worker that if the fighting was as savage as conveyed, how are their uniforms so clean after a month being cut off from supplies and reinforcements? No a single rip of knees in the pants or dirt on the uniforms.

Seems weird.
Rossticus
TRM
AG
This guy also posted this:

That commander was killed about 3 weeks ago, not earlier today.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Should be fairly easy for the Ukrainian government to prove/deny, since the exact unit is given. They should have the units photos to be able to cross reference.
wangus12
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

If they ran out of food and ammunition, they have no means to continue their fight. They did their jobs: fight until they could not and hope for relief, while typing up enemy forces.

This. They conducted a tenacious defense and gave a good account of themselves. There is no dishonor in surrender at this point, especially when the only alternative appears to be a pointless death.
Thats hoping they just aren't just marched out and shot once the camera is off.
RebelE Infantry
AG
TRM said:

RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

If they ran out of food and ammunition, they have no means to continue their fight. They did their jobs: fight until they could not and hope for relief, while typing up enemy forces.

This. They conducted a tenacious defense and gave a good account of themselves. There is no dishonor in surrender at this point, especially when the only alternative appears to be a pointless death.

Given the Russians previous conduct, I think the Russians are going to kill them either way and if that's the case, they should fight to the last man.

A very easy thing to sayโ€ฆ

Also, the possibility exists that the entire Russian army is not a bloodthirsty mongol horde
Rossticus
RebelE Infantry
AG
wangus12 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Thats hoping they just aren't just marched out and shot once the camera is off.

Sure that's possible, but given that there have already been POW exchanges Russia will probably want to keep these guys alive in order to trade for their own POWs
Ag In Ok
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

TRM said:

RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Given the Russians previous conduct, I think the Russians are going to kill them either way and if that's the case, they should fight to the last man.

Also, the possibility exists that the entire Russian army is not a bloodthirsty mongol horde

Agreed. Just as not all Germans were nazis and not all Ukrainians are nazis.
cbr
AG
Rossticus said:

that's still over 6million people age 18-30, plenty to deal with 50k casualties, in a cynical numerical sense.

Rossticus
Family killed and burned. Graphic.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510965675594076163.html
Rossticus
Seems a very fair and unbiased assessment. Long.

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511054139031179273.html
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Nm
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Rossticus
Rossticus
NavyAg92
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Yeah, this is a dumb take. I'm former military with three decades of service and we wouldn't lay down to the enemy. You can quit but not those of us fighting for country.

We used to say before we went into war zones that people like you were first to be shot, so people like me could do battle. Don't want anyone around that's not going to guard my six even if we ran out of ammo. We improvise and fight until death. That's the American way.
WestMarylandAg
Rossticus said:

Man, Luigi looks a lot different from when I had the Nintendo
Rossticus
Assessment from WH NSA.

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1511074587680858121.html
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
NavyAg92 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Yeah, this is a dumb take. I'm former military with three decades of service and we wouldn't lay down to the enemy. You can quit but not those of us fighting for country.

We used to say before we went into war zones that people like you were first to be shot, so people like me could do battle. Don't want anyone around that's not going to guard my six even if we ran out of ammo. We improvise and fight until death. That's the American way.

Good Lord
Rossticus
To be remembered re: Disinfo.

Robk
AgLA06 said:

Rossticus said:

These guys look sketchy. Maybe I'm over analyzing but they don't look like soldiers. Maybe civilians helping with support tasks but not fighters.

I hate tin foil hat theories, but I have to agree. I just commented to my co-worker that if the fighting was as savage as conveyed, how are their uniforms so clean after a month being cut off from supplies and reinforcements? No a single rip of knees in the pants or dirt on the uniforms.

Seems weird.

What caught me was the guys wearing jackets with red arm segments. I would think any red on the arm would be kind of stupid for a Ukrainian soldier to wear. Also right at that point of the video, there are two other people with red fabric in their pockets. Lots of red and no blue to be seen.
BusterAg
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Let's hope not
Why should we believe any different. Bucha was a slaughter.
JFABNRGR
AG
Robk said:

AgLA06 said:

Rossticus said:

Seems weird.

What caught me was the guys wearing jackets with red arm segments. I would think any red on the arm would be kind of stupid for a Ukrainian soldier to wear. Also right at that point of the video, there are two other people with red fabric in their pockets. Lots of red and no blue to be seen.
interesting timing

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/tw9qdq/recent_video_from_the_leader_of_the_mariupolis/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Tex117
AG
AgLA06 said:

aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Sharpshooter said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Just look at Zelenskyy's face.
My God, the man has aged twenty years in a matter of weeks.
........much of it is likely from the impact of his visit to the Bucha massacre site.
I'm actively trying to keep that stuff off my feeds when the wife is around. The stuff in the streets is bad but the basements and the kids they tortured and all the women. Ooof. But this is war and to think that mankind as evolved past what has been a part of war for thousands of years is a fallacy and has been for quite a while.
No, one can't say "but this is war" in regards to civilian torture and killings. Especially women and children. That's a horrible take. Its something we can't even condone from terrorists.

Regardless of our political viewpoints or wokeness, I don' think there are many western countries that will be okay with this. Now holding them accountable is another thing.
That's not what he was saying.

benchmark
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Good grief.
docb
AG
Also besides one guy with a limp none of them seem to be injured or even that dirty. I'm not so sure about this video. All the videos I've seen from WW2 surrendered marching soldiers a lot had injuries.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

I wonder if there will be any concerted effort to relieve Mariupol directly. I think I remember reading something a few days ago where Ukraine was going to essentially write it off. Am I misremembering?
txags92
AG
Eliminatus said:

Rossticus said:

I wonder if there will be any concerted effort to relieve Mariupol directly. I think I remember reading something a few days ago where Ukraine was going to essentially write it off. Am I misremembering?
Might as well bomb the port facilities with drones and mine the harbor if they don't plan to try to get it back.
AgLA06
AG
No chance. Strategically it would leave them exposed to try and do so. Makes more sense to go after Kherson.
Rossticus
Is interesting how Russia manages to get so much video of Ukrainians in the act of purportedly committing atrocities in Ukraine. It also seems that each time a video is released by Russian sources, it's deconstructed, leading to a successively released video that addresses those weaknesses.

First Page Last Page
Page 436 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.