***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,607,742 Views | 47849 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by 74OA
3rd and 2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MeatDr said:

Pretty vague, but it looks like they're expecting something big to happen soon.

Are the Russians preparing to be attacked or to attack?
AgLA06
AG
Russia to attack. It's why they are relocating battle groups to the east.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
MeatDr said:

Kinda pointless when you know going in that any action will be vetoed by Russia or China...
Mark Fairchild
AG
I can't give you enough blue stars for your correct and succinct post.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiehawg
AG
Oops! Tell me this is not Russian propaganda without saying this is Russian propaganda.

Walking backwards through a supposed mine field to boot. How dumb are Russians?
bonfarr
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Waffledynamics said:

I'm a little skeptical that the troops in Mariupol are surrendering, and I base that on little to no upside for them to do so. They're doomed, and they know they're doomed. Unless they're allowed to leave and retreat (doubtful), those surrendered men are in for a hell on earth even worse than they've already been dealing with.

You're probably right in the case of Azov and other "nationalist battalions" but it may be a different story for UKR regulars.

Also the story someone posted about the Ukrainian guy in the TDF that got trapped behind enemy lines that dumped his field uniform and donned civilian clothes to escape didn't do a great service by giving that interview. That will only encourage the Russians to harass, capture, or kill any civilian male of military age they come across because in their mind and of them could be a Uke soldier in disguise.
EastSideAg2002
bonfarr said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Waffledynamics said:

I'm a little skeptical that the troops in Mariupol are surrendering, and I base that on little to no upside for them to do so. They're doomed, and they know they're doomed. Unless they're allowed to leave and retreat (doubtful), those surrendered men are in for a hell on earth even worse than they've already been dealing with.

You're probably right in the case of Azov and other "nationalist battalions" but it may be a different story for UKR regulars.

Also the story someone posted about the Ukrainian guy in the TDF that got trapped behind enemy lines that dumped his field uniform and donned civilian clothes to escape didn't do a great service by giving that interview. That will only encourage the Russians to harass, capture, or kill any civilian male of military age they come across because in their mind and of them could be a Uke soldier in disguise.
After seeing Bucha, I am not sure it will matter if the Russians find you.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.

Just look at Zelenskyy's face.
wangus12
AG
bonfarr said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Waffledynamics said:

Well based on his story, it didn't matter anyways. They're executing civilians all the same. The men and women in Mariupol know this. They'll fight to the end rather than surrender just to be buried in a mass grave somewhere
deddog
AG
AgLA06 said:

Russia to attack. It's why they are relocating battle groups to the east.

Attack with force along a single axis instead of the ridiculous tactics the Russians had at the start of their Ukraine invasion .
If the Russian generals aren't shot for crimes against humanity, they should be shot for not following or understanding military history since WWII

Rossticus
Civs will either be executed or shipped into Russia and forced to go on record saying that all Russian atrocities were actually perpetrated by Ukrainians or that said acts never actually happened (this coerced false testimony is already happening).
Ulysses90
AG
aezmvp said:

MeatDr said:

I wouldn't mock this. That's a smart use of rear echelon soldier's down time. Creating decoy's and setting traps for drones and other assets is just good battle doctrine.

I spent a week on the USS Alamo LSD 33 in 1988. It was commissioned in 1956 and at the time was the last ship in the US Navy with an open air bridge. It's only armament was a couple 5" 38 caliber guns but the crew had mounted some Navy gray 55 gallon drums with a dome lid on them and dual broomsticks protruding from them to appear as if it had a couple of the relatively new CIWS guns. It was obviously fake when viewed from pierside but the skipper apparently thought it was good enough to let them stay.
Fitch
AG
Rossticus said:

Civs will either be executed or shipped into Russia and forced to go on record saying that all Russian atrocities were actually perpetrated by Ukrainians or that said acts never actually happened (this coerced false testimony is already happening).
Like the pregnant woman who photographed bloody and bruised after the maternity hospital was shelled.

Kidnapped and deported to far far east Russia, then put on camera and made to testify it was the Ukes that caused the damage, and shame the AP photographer for capturing the moment.
74OA
AG
BBC breaks down Russian lies about Bucha. MASSACRE
Sharpshooter
AG
74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

My God, the man has aged twenty years in a matter of weeks.
74OA
AG
Sharpshooter said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

........much of it is likely from the impact of his visit to the Bucha massacre site.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Unconfirmed of course, but if it proves correct this would have a big impact on the tactical situation in Mariupol. Last report I saw said that the Ukrainian forces still controlled the port, the Azovmash plant, and the Azovstal steel plant. This would probably mean that one of those 3 is now in Russian/DPR hands.

Rossticus
3 hours ago

MeatDr
AG
Riiiggghhht...
Rossticus
aezmvp
74OA said:

Sharpshooter said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

........much of it is likely from the impact of his visit to the Bucha massacre site.
I'm actively trying to keep that stuff off my feeds when the wife is around. The stuff in the streets is bad but the basements and the kids they tortured and all the women. Ooof. But this is war and to think that mankind as evolved past what has been a part of war for thousands of years is a fallacy and has been for quite a while.
AgLA06
AG
I mean, they held out a month. That's longer than I thought it would last considering they were completely cut off the first week of March after fighting began the last week of February.

At some point, there just isn't any ammo left to continue to fight. I don't have any idea how many companies make up an Ukrainian Battalion. The US is what 5?

A month into this, that's a lot of able bodied men walking out of that unit if it was only 300-500 to start with.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

3 hours ago

Softening up defenses before a major assault?
MouthBQ98
AG
If they ran out of food and ammunition, they have no means to continue their fight. They did their jobs: fight until they could not and hope for relief, while typing up enemy forces.
AgLA06
AG
aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Sharpshooter said:

74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

I'm actively trying to keep that stuff off my feeds when the wife is around. The stuff in the streets is bad but the basements and the kids they tortured and all the women. Ooof. But this is war and to think that mankind as evolved past what has been a part of war for thousands of years is a fallacy and has been for quite a while.
No, one can't say "but this is war" in regards to civilian torture and killings. Especially women and children. That's a horrible take. Its something we can't even condone from terrorists.

Regardless of our political viewpoints or wokeness, I don' think there are many western countries that will be okay with this. Now holding them accountable is another thing.
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
These guys look sketchy. Maybe I'm over analyzing but they don't look like soldiers. Maybe civilians helping with support tasks but not fighters.

RebelE Infantry
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

If they ran out of food and ammunition, they have no means to continue their fight. They did their jobs: fight until they could not and hope for relief, while typing up enemy forces.

This. They conducted a tenacious defense and gave a good account of themselves. There is no dishonor in surrender at this point, especially when the only alternative appears to be a pointless death.
Rossticus
Rossticus

TRM
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

This. They conducted a tenacious defense and gave a good account of themselves. There is no dishonor in surrender at this point, especially when the only alternative appears to be a pointless death.

Given the Russians previous conduct, I think the Russians are going to kill them either way and if that's the case, they should fight to the last man.
Waffledynamics
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I don't know what you're basing this attitude on. Do you honestly think they're going to be treated well? This isn't a first world nation we're talking about. Russia is going to kill them anyway, and probably more brutally.
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 435 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.