***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,607,729 Views | 47849 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by 74OA
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, do a find and replace between Ukraine and Russia here and you have an accurate depiction of Russia. They went from the Czars to the Bolsheviks to the Soviets to a brief period of normalcy to the Putinistas.

They're purveyors of inhuman atrocities and misery who are incapable of self-leadership. The inevitable outcome of Russian statehood is cronyism and crimes against humanity in the name of the Russian people.
MeatDr
AG
aezmvp
MeatDr said:

I wouldn't mock this. That's a smart use of rear echelon soldier's down time. Creating decoy's and setting traps for drones and other assets is just good battle doctrine.
FamousAgg
aezmvp said:

MeatDr said:

I wouldn't mock this. That's a smart use of rear echelon soldier's down time. Creating decoy's and setting traps for drones and other assets is just good battle doctrine.

I'll mock it for you then
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
FamousAgg
I'm torn, I like the message this sends, but with no dialogue, seems that things tend to get worse.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Are they though?
MeatDr
AG
74OA
AG
SITREP
Dirt 05
AG
I don't think Ukraine has leverage to force Russia back to pre invasion lines at the table yet.

They now have difficult tasks of 1)clean up/rebuild in North, 2) maintaining a standing presence to stall/deter a second attempt, 3) redeploying Northern forces - where?

My guess is they use them in attempt to break siege of Karkiv - which would be riskier than committing to retaking Kherson and pushing Russians off West Bank of Dneiper. Hopefully air defense is able to protect large force movement whichever they decide.
74OA
AG
Ukraine to receive T-72 tanks from NATO. SOON

(SIAP)
MeatDr
AG
aggiehawg
AG
From a tactical standpoint, Putin went into Ukraine with a total war order to inflict as much damage and carnage upon the Ukrainian people as possible. He believed he would get away with it by shutting down power and negating internet accessibility.

But Elon Musk immediately sent over his Star Links to restore internet access to many places in Ukraine. And the world has watched things unfold on the ground because of that one move.
cbr
AG
aggiehawg said:

From a tactical standpoint, Putin went into Ukraine with a total war order to inflict as much damage and carnage upon the Ukrainian people as possible. He believed he would get away with it by shutting down power and negating internet accessibility.

But Elon Musk immediately sent over his Star Links to restore internet access to many places in Ukraine. And the world has watched things unfold on the ground because of that one move.
did not know that, and that is really fascinating.

when it comes here, i hope someone is willing to help
MeatDr
AG
RebelE Infantry
AG

Unconfirmed of course, but if it proves correct this would have a big impact on the tactical situation in Mariupol. Last report I saw said that the Ukrainian forces still controlled the port, the Azovmash plant, and the Azovstal steel plant. This would probably mean that one of those 3 is now in Russian/DPR hands.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Unconfirmed of course, but if it proves correct this would have a big impact on the tactical situation in Mariupol. Last report I saw said that the Ukrainian forces still controlled the port, the Azovmash plant, and the Azovstal steel plant. This would probably mean that one of those 3 is now in Russian/DPR hands.
From what I have seen, and has been stated Mariupol is Ukraine's Alamo. It will fall

No way to resupply, reinforce or escape.

Bucha looks like Goliad only the Russians slathered the town instead of the soldiers
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg said:

One other thing. Zelensky ordered a switch on their power grid from Russia's grid to an EU grid. That move meant that individual power stations would have to be taken down by people on the ground, instead of Putin just taking them offline of the grid.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

RebelE Infantry said:

From what I have seen, and has been stated Mariupol is Ukraine's Alamo. It will fall

Bucha looks like Goliad only the Russians slathered the town instead of the soldiers

Right, this hasn't been in question for quite some time. The biggest impact this news (if correct of course) will have is one the timeline of events. The quicker these pockets of resistance are cleared, the sooner those forces are available to be redeployed elsewhere along the front.
74OA
AG
Ukraine has captured over 1000 Russian vehicles, so far. RELOADING
3rd and 2
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

RebelE Infantry said:

I had a dream that a US aircraft carrier parked next to Mariopol used 2,000 drones carrying supplies to resupply the city. Can this happen?
Not a Bot
AG
In your dreams, sure.
Waffledynamics
AG
I'm a little skeptical that the troops in Mariupol are surrendering, and I base that on little to no upside for them to do so. They're doomed, and they know they're doomed. Unless they're allowed to leave and retreat (doubtful), those surrendered men are in for a hell on earth even worse than they've already been dealing with.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
3rd and 2 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

RebelE Infantry said:

I had a dream that a US aircraft carrier parked next to Mariopol used 2,000 drones carrying supplies to resupply the city. Can this happen?
Easier is just a Berlin Airlift sortie of Poland or Turkey. Logistics is easy, the engagement tightrope is where things get fun.
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I'm a little skeptical that the troops in Mariupol are surrendering, and I base that on little to no upside for them to do so. They're doomed, and they know they're doomed. Unless they're allowed to leave and retreat (doubtful), those surrendered men are in for a hell on earth even worse than they've already been dealing with.
Yeah. They aren't going to surrender. That news is from Russian news site. The same kind of outfit that keeps saying that the war is going to plans.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Waffledynamics said:

You're probably right in the case of Azov and other "nationalist battalions" but it may be a different story for UKR regulars.
JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

this includes almost 200 MBTs. If we assumed only 30% fully operational that is still 60 MBTs available to UKR.

3 crew per tank. UKR has lost 93 of which 11 were damaged or abandoned and assuming those crew are still available versus the rest are not.

I have to think training personnel is a big hurdle right now and given this I don't understand the supply of tanks by NATO to UKR when the russians have given them fully armed up but possibly low on fuel.

Or has a bunch of UKR soldiers been training on these units the last month or two in neighboring countries?

txags92
AG
JFABNRGR said:

74OA said:

this includes almost 200 MBTs. If we assumed only 30% fully operational that is still 60 MBTs available to UKR.

3 crew per tank. UKR has lost 93 of which 11 were damaged or abandoned and assuming those crew are still available versus the rest are not.

I have to think training personnel is a big hurdle right now and given this I don't understand the supply of tanks by NATO to UKR when the russians have given them fully armed up but possibly low on fuel.

Or has a bunch of UKR soldiers been training on these units the last month or two in neighboring countries?

There are probably plenty of reserve forces or recent veterans in the Ukrainian volunteer forces with the necessary skills and training to operate them.
Waffledynamics
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Waffledynamics said:

You're probably right in the case of Azov and other "nationalist battalions" but it may be a different story for UKR regulars.

I'm not sure how it would be any different. They'll butcher them just the same.
74OA
AG
JFABNRGR said:

74OA said:

The idea is that Ukraine is already intimately familiar with operating and maintaining the T-72 and the additional tanks will be useful to strip for spare parts, if nothing else.

But the longer this fight goes on the more important it will be to have sufficient attrition reserves, particularly if Ukraine shifts to the offensive in the southeast as that will jack up its loss rate.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Let's hope not
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
Pretty vague, but it looks like they're expecting something big to happen soon.
MeatDr
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 434 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.