***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,611,867 Views | 47851 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Something between Bosnia and WW2. You have to wonder how history will view this a generation from now.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Something between Bosnia and WW2. You have to wonder how history will view this a generation from now.
Russians will be the new Nazis in committing genocide in the 21st Century, like the Germans were in the 20th.

And by genocide, I'll also include the people who die by starving through food shortages. All because Putin is a bad actor who is mentally unstable.
K2-HMFIC
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Russians will be the new Nazis in committing genocide in the 21st Century, like the Germans were in the 20th.

And by genocide, I'll also include the people who die by starving through food shortages. All because Putin is a bad actor who is mentally unstable.

I'm waiting for the post mortems on how COVID impacted Putin's bunker mentality.
Rossticus
Won't matter if he ends up getting what he wants. Putin doesn't care about western world history, just the Russian history he's able to curate. If he succeeds in bringing about the eventual end of a sovereign Ukraine then Russian history will praise him, just like German history would have if Hitler had succeeded.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Won't matter if he ends up getting what he wants. Putin doesn't care about western world history, just the Russian history he's able to curate. If he succeeds in bringing about the eventual end of a sovereign Ukraine then Russian history will praise him, just like German history would have if Hitler had succeeded.
He may "get it" but he won't hold it for long, is my best guess.
Waffledynamics
AG
Unfortunately, staff removed it. It's important to make sure these things are documented and that people understand the brutality of war (especially the Russian kind). I don't know what it was, but I doubt it was anything warm and fuzzy.

Speaking of horrific actions by the Russians, what realistically will happen to any of the Russian brass or even Putin himself after this, assuming they end up with little to no gains? I can't imagine Putin would get any warm welcomes in any international events. I also wonder if any of the backlash will eventually have any effect on their tactics, though I don't think we see any evidence of that as of yet.

It's just bizarre that Russia would do some of the things they're doing in an age of instant documentation and dissemination. Did none of them think that footage would immediately get out? How is a country with supposedly vaunted information warfare capabilities failing so much at the information war?
ATX_AG_08
AG

In reply to
AG
Wish we could do something like the spoiler tags for graphic stuff to be allowed here. Not complaining as I understand this is a public forum. Just thinking of possible workarounds.
TRM
AG
Triple quote it and it gets hidden. See below.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rossticus
Because Putin can control the narrative in his country and in countries that he's allied with. That's all that matters. He doesn't care what the rest of the global community thinks because he knows that nobody will actually step in and confront him in sufficiently forceful way to make him stop. People are willing to allow it if doing so preserves their own sense of security and economic convenience.

We'd have allowed Hitler to exterminate every minority and disabled person in Europe had he and Japan not declared war on us. Don't think that Putin didn't learn a lesson from that. As long as he doesn't act in a way that results in a perceived direct threat, America and Europe will hold true to form.

Most people aren't sufficiently bothered by the mass killing of others that they're willing to sacrifice in order to stop it unless it's coupled with a direct threat to them in some way. History bears that out repeatedly. Life is only sacred when it's cheap, convenient, and relatively simple to protect and doesn't require the average Joe to lose out on anything.
docb
AG
Putin is no better than the Bosnian war criminals and needs to be treated as such
Rossticus
docb said:

Putin is no better than the Bosnian war criminals and needs to be treated as such

He needs to be but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

Wish we could do something like the spoiler tags for graphic stuff to be allowed here. Not complaining as I understand this is a public forum. Just thinking of possible workarounds.
If you make it a text hyperlink instead of just pasting the Twitter url it does the same thing.

Burned women with blanket over them.
TRM
AG
Warning graphic if you open the quote.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This work staff?
Jetpilot86
AG
Maybe add "Warning NSFC" to the hyperlink description also. But better than the triple quotes.
Rossticus
Russia Bros about to start with "Ukraine is killing all their people and blaming it on Russia" again. "The narrative".

Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Unfortunately, staff removed it. It's important to make sure these things are documented and that people understand the brutality of war (especially the Russian kind). I don't know what it was, but I doubt it was anything warm and fuzzy.

Speaking of horrific actions by the Russians, what realistically will happen to any of the Russian brass or even Putin himself after this, assuming they end up with little to no gains? I can't imagine Putin would get any warm welcomes in any international events. I also wonder if any of the backlash will eventually have any effect on their tactics, though I don't think we see any evidence of that as of yet.

It's just bizarre that Russia would do some of the things they're doing in an age of instant documentation and dissemination. Did none of them think that footage would immediately get out? How is a country with supposedly vaunted information warfare capabilities failing so much at the information war?

GRAPHIC

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510370003887009799.html
Rossticus

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510351197869334536.html
Waffledynamics
AG
Interesting to note that your linked post is from March 12th, but the statements it makes have only been proven more true.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

Thread:https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510321821937065987.html
Rossticus

Thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510375303989846018.html
Jayhawk
General Patton was right about the Russians.
aggiehawg
AG
Jayhawk said:

General Patton was right about many things.
lb3
AG
aggiehawg said:

Jayhawk said:

MacArthur too.
aggiehawg
AG
lb3 said:

aggiehawg said:

Jayhawk said:

MacArthur too.
Eh. That ended up being a different question. Patton just wanted to crush the Soviet Army before they had nuclear weapons that were deployable.

MacArthur wanted to lay down a nuclear DMZ.
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

PJYoung
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

This can't happen without a lot of Russians supporting it. That country has a very outsized view of its place in history.
aggiehawg
AG
PJYoung said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

This can't happen without a lot of Russians supporting it. That country has a very outsized view of its place in history.
They always have that view. They are Soviets. St. Petersburg is likely the only Western leaning city now. Outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg, most of Russia is backwards. Third world.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus

lb3
AG
aggiehawg said:

PJYoung said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

They always have that view. They are Soviets. St. Petersburg is likely the only Western leaning city now. Outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg, most of Russia is backwards. Third world.

It's time for Russia to be ground into dust and scattered to the wind.

St. Petersburg and surrounding region become would obviously be a viable European state but the rest is harder to draw. Moscow would have to be the center of another country but would need to be land locked and not allowed to reach to the Black Sea.

Looking at a map, it's hard to see natural dividing lines for 6+/- viable states:
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.