***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,617,818 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by 74OA
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

Blackbeard94 said:

MeatDr said:

Looks like the Ace of Spades! At least in Ukraine…

This guy…

What I always imaged mfbarnes looks like in real life
Waffledynamics
AG
LiveUAMap is showing a LOT of shelling icons around the country. Not good.

It appears Mariupol has fallen. This frees up a lot of men and resources. Also not good.

Now we have news of the Russian draft of 100,000 men in addition to the cannon fodder 18 year old conscripts coming in. Not good.

Is today a potential turning point in Russia's favor?
MeatDr
AG
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Waffledynamics said:

LiveUAMap is showing a LOT of shelling icons around the country. Not good.

It appears Mariupol has fallen. This frees up a lot of men and resources. Also not good.

Now we have news of the Russian draft of 100,000 men in addition to the cannon fodder 18 year old conscripts coming in. Not good.

Is today a potential turning point in Russia's favor?
They still have to make their way towards Kyiv. Downside for Russia heading West is that all those pretty toys that Ukraine have been given start getting concentrated. If things get bad enough, will Ukraine start going behind the lines and blowing up bridges?
MeatDr
AG
aezmvp said:

Rossticus said:

Remember Mariupol.

I wouldn't want to put my head up as a Russian soldier there just yet.

Due to stuff like this? Unfortunately reading the comments this particular shot didn't penetrate, as they were shooting an NLAW at too close range and the safety features kicked in.
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
MeatDr
AG
wangus12
AG
MeatDr said:

They've been saying this for 3 weeks now
Rossticus
Captain Positivity said:

And what, functionally speaking, does that translate into? Because I can't see where that changes anything at all. Ukraine was never overrun by Nazis and Russia has no determination as to whether they join the EU or not. In fact that was never part of their demands. Russian negotiations are like listening to a 5 year old argue.
Not a Bot
AG
Apparently very early in the war they sent in a smaller group to infiltrate Kyiv and were wiped out. Ukraine claimed that the FSB tipped them off.
Not a Bot
AG
Seems like less than what they were demanding before.

Unfortunately for them even if they are genuinely wanting to negotiate at this point, no one's going to believe a word they say.
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

Captain Positivity said:

And what, functionally speaking, does that translate into? Because I can't see where that changes anything at all. Ukraine was never overrun by Nazis and Russia has no determination as to whether they join the EU or not. In fact that was never part of their demands. Russian negotiations are like listening to a 5 year old argue.
Putin will "let" Ukraine join the EU? That statement captures his ultimate intent: Ukraine is to be sovereign and independent in name only and must defer to Moscow on all policy decisions. In other words, Ukraine must agree to become a vassal of Russia.
lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

Captain Positivity said:

Those were likely included in Russia's opening negotiating positions. It's basically meaningless as you noted but is used to try to show movement to keep negotiations active.

It's like selling a house. After the inspection the buyer asks for $20k in remedial work and you agree to replace the bedazzled light switch in your daughter's bedroom. It's just a way of respecting the negotiations without giving up anything meaningful.
Rebel Yell
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

MeatDr said:

Looks like the Ace of Spades! At least in Ukraine…
Looks more like a Suicide King to me.
Rossticus
I think he'd look fabulous fitted with a .300 Win Mag between the eyes.
Rossticus
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus
AgLA06
AG
Good for Turkey.

I'd personally love to see Ukraine push Russia out of everywhere except the east and then push to retake Crimea. Destroy the bridge and make Crimea Russia's version of Mariupal. Then they can negotiate the east.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr said:

Internet service loss earlier today was cyber attack that has been neutralized.
WesMaroon&White
AG
Mark Fairchild
AG
Long, but worth it to watch.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
lb3
AG
AgLA06 said:

Good for Turkey.

I'd personally love to see Ukraine push Russia out of everywhere except the east and then push to retake Crimea. Destroy the bridge and make Crimea Russia's version of Mariupal. Then they can negotiate the east.
Russia goes nuclear before they allow Sevastopol and their naval base to be bombed and starved out.
AgLA06
AG
lb3 said:

AgLA06 said:

Good for Turkey.

Russia goes nuclear before they allow Sevastopol and their naval base to be bombed and starved out.

No they won't.
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
AgLA06 said:

Good for Turkey.

I would root for them but I don't think they have the means.
Waffledynamics
AG
Would they be able to exhaust Russia until they can't realistically continue? I would imagine with all of the aid coming into Ukraine and Russia's economy hurting so badly, they would tire out more quickly.
wtmartinaggie
AG
How swell would it be to have an Aggie around that could translate this?
bonfarr
AG
Kadyrov is an opportunistic mercenary, would it be more economical for the West to pay him off rather than spend hundreds of billions of dollars in weapons and aid to Ukraine? I wonder what it would take to buy him off and have him just surrender all of the combined Russian forces in Ukraine once Putin puts him in charge.

It was only a few decades ago that Russia was treating his people just like the Ukes, maybe a lot of dollars in his bank would make him remember.
JFABNRGR
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Would they be able to exhaust Russia until they can't realistically continue? I would imagine with all of the aid coming into Ukraine and Russia's economy hurting so badly, they would tire out more quickly.
Supposedly a million active duty soldiers with 2 million in reserve. I suspect putin willing to risk all but those who have direct responsibilities to his personal protection and will have them march into Ukraine if they have run out of vehicles.

Everybody better start sending more weaponry aid sunflower season is coming.
JFABNRGR
AG
bonfarr said:

Kadyrov is an opportunistic mercenary, would it be more economical for the West to pay him off rather than spend hundreds of billions of dollars in weapons and aid to Ukraine? I wonder what it would take to buy him off and have him just surrender all of the combined Russian forces in Ukraine once Putin puts him in charge.

It was only a few decades ago that Russia was treating his people just like the Ukes, maybe a lot of dollars in his bank would make him remember.
I like the way you think.

Then put him in charge of a few thousand acres in the Donbass region. Might be like owner financing.

ATX_AG_08
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.