***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,617,809 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by 74OA
depogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have not seen many videos of Russian helicopters since the first few days I wonder if the Russians are worried about the stingers which is impacting their CasEvac capabilities.
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.-Thomas Paine
Rossticus

TheCougarHunter
AG
Rossticus said:

Or they don't want to show large numbers of wounded dying soldiers on TV to their public…
Rossticus
Zelensky interview with Russians transcribed highlights:

Rossticus
Edit: tweet deleted
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
Not a Bot
AG
That tweet doesn't make sense, at least out of context. That city is very much still occupied.
LostInLA07
AG
I think the "temporarily" is making it clear that they aren't conceding the city. Russian occupation is only temporary because the Ukrainians plan on taking it back.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
MeatDr said:

Just a cool $100M down the tube, no big deal
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
TH36
MeatDr said:

Cool, maybe he's the next General to be BBQed.
MeatDr
AG
Oryx will reach over 2000 verifiable equipment losses for Russia today. He has about 175 in his backlog yet to look at, plus what pops up new each day.
MeatDr
AG
Maximus_Meridius
AG
TH36 said:

MeatDr said:

Cool, maybe he's the next General to be BBQed.
For the sake of the Ukrainians (and also the Chechans), I sure hope they punch his ticket for a face to face with Jesus ASAP.
MeatDr
AG
Still not looking good for Mariupol.

benchmark
AG
MeatDr said:

Oryx will reach over 2000 verifiable equipment losses for Russia today. He has about 175 in his backlog yet to look at, plus what pops up new each day.
Assuming 100 ft/vehicle footprint ... that's a convoy 38 miles long.
aezmvp
Yeah but Id remove the ATGM and MANPAD from those numbers.
MeatDr
AG

Thread unroll:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1508355525502722056.html
Spaceship
AG
Spaceship said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Spaceship's relative? If so it's good that the story is getting out.

Yes, that's him. I'm apprehensive about the story getting out because I don't want him to become some sort of example for Russia. But hopefully the light being shined on a kidnapped US citizen will help expedite his return. Its been a week now and the longer it goes on, the more concerned I get.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/ukranian-american-missionary-allegedly-kidnapped-russian-forces-rcna21415?fbclid=IwAR0meslc20_Aeg57KVTxqoZKAE2kLjW_jfyVJxkOrHwksrSlINLbMsfC9kU

Great news to report - my BIL was released overnight after a 9 day unlawful arrest and is home safe with his family. Their next challenge is to find a way to get to a safer city or entirely out of the country.
RebelE Infantry
AG
MeatDr said:

Still not looking good for Mariupol.

Mariupol's fate was sealed the minute Russian forces cut the last road out. The only question was how long it will take.

It seems the defenders have been split into two pockets- one in an industrial sector and one in the Azovstal steel plant.
Spaceship
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I think the "temporarily" is making it clear that they aren't conceding the city. Russian occupation is only temporary because the Ukrainians plan on taking it back.

This is 100% correct. The guy that tweeted that is very pro-Ukraine.
Baron von Bulsh
Spaceship said:

Spaceship said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Spaceship's relative? If so it's good that the story is getting out.

Yes, that's him. I'm apprehensive about the story getting out because I don't want him to become some sort of example for Russia. But hopefully the light being shined on a kidnapped US citizen will help expedite his return. Its been a week now and the longer it goes on, the more concerned I get.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/ukranian-american-missionary-allegedly-kidnapped-russian-forces-rcna21415?fbclid=IwAR0meslc20_Aeg57KVTxqoZKAE2kLjW_jfyVJxkOrHwksrSlINLbMsfC9kU

Great news to report - my BIL was released overnight after a 9 day unlawful arrest and is home safe with his family. Their next challenge is to find a way to get to a safer city or entirely out of the country.

Fantastic news. Best post on this thread so far.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Summary? Article is behind paywall.
Ag_07
AG
Great to hear!

Keep us posted and let us know if there's any way at all we can help.
aezmvp
Ag_07 said:

Great to hear!

Keep us posted and let us know if there's any way at all we can help.
Seriously!

I bet there are a few people like myself that have contacts with State on this board who could help!
MeatDr
AG
It's summarized in the thread, and I included the unroll for you if you don't have a twitter account.
But essentially Nokia was one of the companies that pulled out and condemned Russia over the last month. In reality, they've had a major role in getting Russia to the surveillance state that it is today.
First Page Last Page
Page 401 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.