***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,622,351 Views | 47856 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by mallen
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ivan got ahold of something that knocked him off his feet. Doubt it was the expired Russian MREs, though.

[Put a link with a warning. -Staff]
Rossticus
Good Uke centric, Uke produced pod series in English. Good for keeping a feel for the pulse of Ukrainian sentiment.

Rossticus
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Ukrainian SU-27 allegedly returning to base with a road sign stuck to its left intake....

I wonder if those pictures are old. The plane is unarmed which is a bit of a red flag. What's worse is it appears to have a training AA-11 on the far left pylon. I assume it's a captive training missile because there aren't any fins.

On a related note, here's an AV-8B that almost tied the low altitude record. Pilot got disoriented on a night CAS training sortie re-attack in Arizona. He scooped it out so low he trimmed some saguaro cactus.

https://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/2004113022.aspx
12th Man
AG
GAC06 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Ukrainian SU-27 allegedly returning to base with a road sign stuck to its left intake....

I wonder if those pictures are old. The plane is unarmed which is a bit of a red flag. What's worse is it appears to have a training AA-11 on the far left pylon. I assume it's a captive training missile because there aren't any fins.

On a related note, here's an AV-8B that almost tied the low altitude record. Pilot got disoriented on a night CAS training sortie re-attack in Arizona. He scooped it out so low he trimmed some saguaro cactus.

https://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/2004113022.aspx

There were reports that the maintainers had to remove brush from the intakes on more than one Marine Hornet in Bahrain back in 1991. That's so low that the racks could've impacted first, but, I mean, we're talking about Marine aviators here...
Rossticus
These kids are going to get chewed up. Russian warmongers DGAF. This is sick. Straight into the wood chipper. Even during WW2 American draftees got anywhere between 4-16 weeks depending on when during the war they were drafted.

Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

These kids are going to get chewed up. Russian warmongers DGAF. This is sick. Straight into the wood chipper. Even during WW2 American draftees got anywhere between 4-16 weeks depending on when during the war they were drafted.

And once the Ukes get done with them is Putin going to force women and children to fight? And after that, her the grandparents all geared up and throw them into the frontlines too?

He's beyond desperate now and it's showing.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Proc92
I wonder if the surveillance state in Russia is used to steer the conscription process. Be convenient to send the likely rabble rousers to the front lines
G Martin 87
AG
Did Anonymous ever make good on their promise to release the Russian Central Bank documents? We're way past their 48 hour deadline.
AtlAg05
AG
Proc92 said:

I wonder if the surveillance state in Russia is used to steer the conscription process. Be convenient to send the likely rabble rousers to the front lines

Or it causes more problems at the front. If any of the reports around dissent from the soldiers already at the front it might put things in a worse state.
ttu_85
Proc92 said:

There is definitely historical precedent for this. Those human wave attacks China sent against our guys in Korea. Were often " rabble rousers" and other undesirables. The Chicoms would get them high or drunk and sent them against Americans armed with quad 50's AAA that were diverted to anti personnel use. The results were horrendous bloody.

Then The USSR had something called "punishment units" basically people sent into suicide situations in WW2.
MeatDr
AG
Robk
G Martin 87 said:

Did Anonymous ever make good on their promise to release the Russian Central Bank documents? We're way past their 48 hour deadline.
Yes
PJYoung
AG
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/putin-doesnt-realize-how-much-warfare-has-changed/627600/

Quote:

The lack of foresight involved in the introduction of the Russian army's new Era encrypted-communications system would have been much harder to believe in the more rigorous Soviet days, when such mistakes were severely punished. Supposedly secure, it relies on 3G towerswhich Russia destroyed when it invaded Ukraine. Because the system is simply not working, Russian officers have to communicate in open speech by cellphone, as gleeful Ukrainian volunteers listen in.
MeatDr
AG
GarryowenAg
AG
MeatDr
AG
Ernest Tucker
AG
I have to believe Putin is using the conscription process for youth to "purge" what he considers future problems. He has alluded to this before.

If he is doing it out of desperation, then we have reached WW1 Germany level bad for Russia.
wangus12
AG
MeatDr said:

If I'm that dude, I go home to say "goodbye" to my family and then take as much cash as I have and head straight for the border
Bag
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

I have to believe Putin is using the conscription process for youth to "purge" what he considers future problems. He has alluded to this before.

If he is doing it out of desperation, then we have reached WW1 Germany level bad for Russia.
its like Putin had plans of Germany 1939 level success but the preparedness of 1991 Soviet red army

The whole thing is bizarre
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Ivan got ahold of something that knocked him off his feet. Doubt it was the expired Russian MREs, though.

How do we put a link with a warning? Does Staff just mean using the hyperlink and display text? Does that hide the Twitter post?

Not intended as a derail, but might be useful for this thread's functions.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Russia still hasn't gotten past this, and it's disgusting to see. They're ruining their country over a boondoggle.
Ag In Ok
AG
I heard a podcast sum it up well, it's like instead of Hitler having the Wehrmacht, he has the Italian army.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Bag said:

Ernest Tucker said:

its like Putin had plans of Germany 1939 level success but the preparedness of 1991 Soviet red army

I had mentioned this early in the thread and I feel like it still holds:

Ernest Tucker said:

richardag said:

PWestAg18 said:

richardag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I'm no adept student of the matter, but I never figured Putin too be an inept tactician.
He was KGB not military and who knows how he surrounded himself with his current military leaders.
I also think Putin legitimately believes the former USSR states want to "get the gang back together" in the same way he does, and he didn't expect the entire populace of Ukraine to unite and fight back like this. My guess is nobody else in the room had the balls to tell him he was wrong either.
I think this is a very good point.

If you saw that video where he was berating his spy chief, I could see this being the case. The poor guy was so scared to disagree with Putin he looked like the kind of little dog that wets the floor when you approach them.

Putin has the hitler effect going, insulated with views of grandeur and truly believing the people in Ukrain saw themselves as Russian and would celebrate the liberation. Not sure how he didn't notice the maidan popular protests that overthrew his friendly Gov't but probably believed it was staged by the west despite the will of the people.

As a liberator, he acts as though he didn't want to destroy the place, but go for the glorious liberation on multiple fronts where he hoped the defenses of the Ukrainians crumbled. For now he sees Ukraine as part of Russia and this was supposed to be a operation. Hell, he even sent riot police to Keive

Now he is going to face a humiliating defeat/quagmire and this would ruin him and Russia. Putin will double down and see that ukrain is not filled with sympathy for Russia. His perspective will shift to invasion and I fear we will see more of what happened in Syria/grosny. Putin is about to be backed into a corner and that is scary.

My take anyways.
HarleySpoon
AG
wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

If I'm that dude, I go home to say "goodbye" to my family and then take as much cash as I have and head straight for the border

And, get rid of that haircut…..don't want to look like a radical.
BrokeAssAggie
WesMaroon&White
AG
MeatDr said:

I guess more soldiers that their leadership will have to worry about. I would hate to be their field level commander.
VaultingChemist
AG
BusterAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

How do we put a link with a warning? Does Staff just mean using the hyperlink and display text? Does that hide the Twitter post?

Not intended as a derail, but might be useful for this thread's functions.
English.

Put a link: Don't post a picture of a dead person's foot on the thread, link to that picture. Hyperlink only.

With a warning: Tell people the content of the link is graphic in nature.

That's not hard.
Blackbeard94
AG
Bag said:

Ernest Tucker said:

I think we have reached WW1 Russia bad....
74OA
AG
Every Russian should be forced to watch this news clip.

WARNING: GRAPHIC
ATX_AG_08
AG
They don't give a ***** Russians are are war Mongers to the bone. It's engrained in their culture sadly.
First Page Last Page
Page 398 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.