***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,620,304 Views | 47855 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by B-1 83
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Liberating Kherson might not be as big as relieving Maruipol but the psychological weight would still be huge.
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

Liberating Kherson might not be as big as relieving Maruipol but the psychological weight would still be huge.

Solid strategic victory as well as long as they're able to hold it.
fullback44
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Ukrainian SU-27 allegedly returning to base with a road sign stuck to its left intake....

Probably landing and re arming on freeways ..
SPSAg05
AG
fullback44 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Ukrainian SU-27 allegedly returning to base with a road sign stuck to its left intake....

Probably landing and re arming on freeways ..
I know.....but it's a lot cooler to think that he was "cropdusting."
GAC06
AG

Nothing says "everything is going according to plan" like relieving generals during your "special operation"
ATX_AG_08
AG
CondensedFogAggie

It warms my heart that the Ukranians seem to be taking full advantage of drones.
CondensedFogAggie

Swedish interview with a Ukrainian sniper

https://www.svd.se/a/G3bxXl/ukrainsk-*****skytt-till-svd-ryssland-ar-oforberedda

Quote:

"Strange". This is how the Ukrainian sniper Oleksi Sharadkin describes his impression of fighting against the Russian army.

Both he and soldiers in his unit had an image of the Russian military as strong, competent and dangerous. The reality they now face on the battlefield is the opposite.

"I really can not understand it. Our opponents are so unprepared. It is easier to shoot Russians than targets on shooting ranges", he tells SvD over the phone.

This does not only apply to ordinary marksmen. He says that they have also fought against the Russian special forces Spetsnaz and Chechen militias belonging to the warlord Ramzan Kadyrov. Spetsnaz has made itself known for possessing great tactical ability, Chechen militias for their brutality and violent capital.

"That's not true either. They are both better in their marketing than in their military skills."

According to Oleksi Sharadkin, there is only one major problem:

"There are so damn many of them. It will take us a while to get rid of them all"

What do you feel when you pull the trigger?

"Recoil."

That is the short answer given

Nothing else?

"No. In a different situation I would probably feel sorry for them, but now they are in my country and have made their choices."

Keep it up and slava Ukraini, Oleski.
PJYoung
AG
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CblkAeEJS-1
Quote:

"Many of the prisoners we catch are 18 or 19 and appear to not have a lot of training.

Two we had a few weeks ago each had a rifle and two or three reloads. That was all. Not even body armor. Just camouflage uniforms.

They said they were in a listening position and ran when we found them so that may tell why they were so lightly armed. One was crying and the other was trying not to cry.

These aren't soldiers these are children.

Not that I care much. I don't have sympathy anymore."

- Ukrainian Soldier. Invasion of Ukraine. March 22nd, 2022.
Bulldog73
AG
Rossticus said:

Thread. Russia doubling down. Again. Think that they can outlast this isht storm and that nobody will stop them.

Sounds to me like a toxic mixture of desperation and magic thinking. The old guard in Russia always goes down hard and takes a lot of innocents with it. And it often replaces the evil with the eviller. But from all appearances, the old guard is truly screwed, mainly by actions and decisions it has made itself. Slava Ukraini and f*** Putin.
AgLA06
AG
I'm sure we're seeing footage of Ukraine's professional military that is conducting these counter attacks. Even still, there is no doubt they are better trained and have better gear than the Russians. It's just night and day watching footage of each.

Even the mercs and Chechins the Russians like to show aren't as good. They just send a lot of rounds down range.
Rossticus
My guess is that this means we're in the process of moving enough air defense assets into Ukraine to make expanded sorties a feasible force multiplier in offensive operations. Would mean that they likely will have the ability to provide reasonable protection for grounded aircraft also. Will be interesting to see if this finally bears fruit.

Rossticus
Rossticus
*clarification* "They left her to die" references her Russian comrades leaving her to die. Ukes captured her.

Rossticus
Russian Cookout

EDIT: Bit of a downer. They don't get around to lighting it before the video ends.

Here's some fire to make up for it.

CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

*clarification* "They left her to die" references her Russian comrades leaving her to die. Ukes captured her.

She reportedly has been killing Ukranians since 2014, including prisoners of war.

Maybe I'm getting too cynical, but I'm surprised they took her alive.
Rossticus
Interrogation first.
agent-maroon
AG
Rossticus said:

Interrogation first.

Then she dies of her wounds. Nothing the Ukes could do...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sharpshooter
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Rossticus said:

She reportedly has been killing Ukranians since 2014, including prisoners of war.

Maybe I'm getting to cynical, but I'm surprised they took her alive.
Psychotic. Not you Condensed, but her.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Bag
AG
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SPSAg05 said:

2 years ago

agent-maroon
AG
Taking on Poland & others when you're getting your ass kicked in Ukraine. Cue the "bold strategy Cotton" gif...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
Bag said:

with what army?!?!?!?!?!

note, this is like a San Francisco Councilman calling for the President to invade another country.
CW Griswold
Not like he would be the one carrying a rifle to Warsaw.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I hope they filled that front seat with some bags.

FarmerJohn
AG
I think the Lada was made with all 6mm plate. It's inherently bulletproof.
PA24
AG
This has become a rout of disproportion, a gut shot. Russia will never recover form this ass kicking.
Chase them out and let 'em lick their wounds in the motherland, alone and isolated. Maybe China will put them out of their misery.

I am absolutely amazed, more than I was when Trump beat Hillary n 2016.
Waffledynamics
AG
PA24 said:

This has become a rout of disproportion, a gut shot. Russia will never recover form this ass kicking.
Chase them out and let 'em lick their wounds in the motherland, alone and isolated. Maybe China will put them out of their misery.

I am absolutely amazed, more than I was when Trump beat Hillary n 2016.
Don't be so sure. Russia is strong in the Donbas still, and they're making slow but grinding progress in Mariupol, which will give them a crucial land path between Crimea and the Donbas. Whether they can hold that even if they take Mariupol is another question. They're also about to lose Kherson, supposedly.

They're getting their asses kicked elsewhere, but they need to lose in the East, too.
Rossticus
In related news…

Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

In related news…

Go figure. How are they succeeding anywhere, even in the Donbas? I saw earlier on Speak the Truth's latest video that someone over there was pictured with a Mosin Nagant.

Yet, somehow they still are.
wangus12
AG
CW Griswold said:

Not like he would be the one carrying a rifle to Warsaw.

At the rate they're having to conscript men, I wouldn't be too sure
mike0305
C@LAg said:

Bag said:

with what army?!?!?!?!?!

note, this is like a San Francisco Councilman calling for the President to invade another country.
I'm highly concerned, he looks like he knows a lot about war.
richardag
Rossticus said:

Probably an issue in translation. Kiddo hasn't gone crazy but definitely over stressed/PTSD.

Heart breaking.
Translation as best i can tell
"Okay.

I don't know how I managed to avoid talking about the war with my parents for a whole month, but this happy time is over.

Well, take people to the club whose parents are "for" war. And hug someone, please."

"Look carefully. This young girl from Mariupol, who went crazy Victoria Dyachenko, is for me the most terrible image of this war. Without documents, without things, without shoes - in socks. There are shards in the leg." Corr Dmitry Steshin

Putin started it personally.

Show them this video"
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
First Page Last Page
Page 397 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.