***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,625,622 Views | 47858 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by B-1 83
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Rescue by sea? France, Turkey and Greece?
France is gonna play a game of chicken with Putin. Sink a french warship on a humanitarian mission and see what happens.
P.U.T.U
AG
I would not put it past Russia to attack any humanitarian troops. Claim they were being used as a trojan horse or some story like that. I mean they are kidnapping citizens and sending them to Russia

The French special operations are pretty legit but they won't be sending them in to help. But they do have a decent military and seeing what Russia has done I think the French could smoke them.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

France is gonna play a game of chicken with Putin. Sink a french warship on a humanitarian mission and see what happens.
Unless they already have a ship there, waiting to cross through the Straits, I would think it is more likely a Greek ship just for time savings.
rebag00
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

MeatDr said:

Ag In Ok said:

Hmm. I know who doesn't have reliable night vision.

This is what I suspect this "white phosphorus" is being used for. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm not sure it's actually white phosphorus based on a few videos I've watched. It seems like the burning chemical is slowly floating to the ground and isn't really burning anymore by the time it reaches the ground. And we haven't actually seen any reports if people burned by it even though it's been used several different nights there.
The Speak the Truth podcaster says they used it in Afghanistan to spook the Taliban fighters by shooting them up randomly in the middle of the night.
They are thermite cluster-type submunitions.
Rossticus

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

They are thermite cluster-type submunitions.

P.U.T.U
AG
The USA uses white phosphorus rounds against vehicles or stuff we want on fire (vehicles weapon stashes, fuel depots, etc.), well that and they apparently work well against Transformers. Also use them as smoke cover
Stat Monitor Repairman
They are gonna have a port security problem offloading dockside ships. Whoever is gonna take that on is gonna have to have their s*** in one sock.
P.U.T.U
AG
With ~100,000 citizens still trapped in the Mariupol area they will need ships to get them out. You can get a few hundred out on each plane. Lord knows the world doesn't trust the Americans with evacuations after what we did in Afghanistan
dtkprowler
AG
did not expect to see a Colin Furze video on this thread but his thermite video was the first thing I thought of when yall described white phosphorous.
Ag In Ok
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Rescue by sea? France, Turkey and Greece?

1) i don't see the Russians allowing the "nazis" a chance to leave. Not that the civilians are nazis, but their rhetoric to de-nazify will not survive a rescue
2) i thought the port was now under Russian control. Airlift maybe?
B-1 83
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

WP can only be used as a marking or obscuration device and cannot be used to target personnel.
I seem to recall being taught that WP was illegal to use against personnel, but ok against equipment. That enemy belt buckle is equipment.*

*My First or Second year Basic instructor taught me this.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
lb3
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They are gonna have a port security problem offloading dockside ships. Whoever is gonna take that on is gonna have to have their s*** in one sock.
Is there confirmation they are sending ships on a humanitarian mission?

With Ukraine advancing 30+ miles in the past 24 hours, is it possible for them to break through to the center of Mariupol before the weekend is out?
Faustus
MeatDr said:

I always construed pitchforks as a two handed weapon unless being thrown like a trident.
Kind of crazy that a civilian was dual wielding them.
Rossticus
wangus12
AG
Did the Russian stock market ever reopen this week like they said it would?
aggiehawg
AG
wangus12 said:

Did the Russian stock market ever reopen this week like they said it would?
Briefly and under severe restrictions.
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie
MeatDr said:

Translated conversation between the Kalashnikov girl and the guy recording:
Quote:

Girl: Ali is 200 (kia)
Man recording: Sad. Was he hit by a tank?
Girl: Yes, straight in the head. I can't find his head…
Jesus.

Rossticus

ATX_AG_08
AG
Someone clarified this later in the tweet.

"200" is their code for Kia.
So she's saying two from their company killed in action. Including one who got hit by a tank shell.
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
It looks like Russia's next "phase" is urging to shore up gains in Donbas and other places to claim "victory" and try to disengage. I'm not sure the Ukrainians will let them after all the **** the Russians have done. Part of me wonders of they'll keep attacking the Russians in the south and Donbas just for the opportunity to kill more of them.
aezmvp
ATX_AG_08 said:

Someone clarified this later in the tweet.

"200" is their code for Kia.
So she's saying two from their company killed in action. Including one who got hit by a tank shell.
Cargo or Freight 200.

Reference from Afghanistan where it was 200 kg of cargo for an average body and coffin.
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

This is what "peacemakers" do.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

It looks like Russia's next "phase" is urging to shore up gains in Donbas and other places to claim "victory" and try to disengage. I'm not sure the Ukrainians will let them after all the **** the Russians have done. Part of me wonders of they'll keep attacking the Russians in the south and Donbas just for the opportunity to kill more of them.

Great thread on this exact point:

Rossticus
Thread

aggiehawg
AG
So if Putin's no longer is interested in conducting any military action in western Ukraine, does that also include his air force and longer range missiles?
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

So if Putin's no longer is interested in conducting any military action in western Ukraine, does that also include his air force and longer range missiles?

No. He'll continue to do what he can in order to force as many Ukrainian forces as possible to remain in the west so that they can't redeploy to the eastern front. Will be interested to see what type of eastern offensive the Ukrainians can orchestrate.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Ukraine still has an Antonov flying?
Rossticus
aggiehawg said:

Ukraine still has an Antonov flying?

They still have plenty of odds and ends stashed in the west. The 124 is their standard lifter. You may be thinking of the super heavy 225 that was trashed at the start of this?
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Russians' next failure is assuming the Ukrainians will leave them alone and accept the annexation for peace like Crimea. I don't think that happens. They're not afraid of confrontation anymore and they're beyond pissed. I see an insurgency with the thousands of ATGM's and MANPADS Ukraine has. Donbas will be a deathtrap for Russians as they try to live and patrol amongst the most hostile and well armed populace on earth.

Then on to plan D
Rossticus
Russian shill account reporting more Bayraktars incoming. Good account to follow for counter point insight if you can stomach the Rooskie and anti-American fanboy circle yerk (it's nauseating).

CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

Honestly pictures like this make me want the Ukes to show no mercy to any Russian troops surrounded that doesn't immediately lay down their arms.

No more 'we were just told to drive here for training' ****ing bull*****
First Page Last Page
Page 391 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.