***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,624,545 Views | 47856 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by mallen
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATX_AG_08 said:

Someone clarified this later in the tweet.

"200" is their code for Kia.
So she's saying two from their company killed in action. Including one who got hit by a tank shell.
Thank you.

Judging from the Russian tanks lying around like roughly opened tin cans, I hope they took a lot more with them to meet our lord.
Fitch
AG
Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Makes me ponder Biden's remarks on the page before a little bit…
Rossticus
Creative…

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Rescue by sea? France, Turkey and Greece?
Let's come back to this for a moment.

How in the world did Macron get the Turks and Greeks to agree to anything? They hate each other.
Rossticus
EDIT: Wrong emote

CondensedFogAggie
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

How in the world did Macron get the Turks and Greeks to agree to anything? They hate each other.
True, but then again both their citizens probably hate Russia with a passion. Especially after the annexation of Crimea which undoubtedly makes Greece feel uncomfortable.

Could be a convenient way to improve relations without any political backlash.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

True, but then again both their citizens probably hate Russia with a passion. Especially after the annexation of Crimea which undoubtedly makes Greece feel uncomfortable.

Could be a convenient way to improve relations without any political backlash.
If that is the case, then Putin made it happen.

LOL.
Rossticus
GarryowenAg
AG
wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

Maybe I'm a bad person, but if the civilian was going to attack him with the pitchfork, I can't condemn the pilot for defending himself.

I can condemn the hell out of him for attacking Ukraine though
My thoughts as well. The civilian became a combatant, and therefore "fair game". Edit: meant to use a sad face emoji.
CondensedFogAggie
More German supplies have arrived in Ukraine: 1500x Strela MANPADS, 100x MG3, 8 million rounds of ammunition, 350k MREs, 50 ambulances

Article is in German, so no need to click.

A bit ironic/bittersweet they're sending MG3's, the direct successor to the MG42 that wreaked havoc during WW2.
Jetpilot86
AG
Nice of the farmer to let the guy get the selfie in front of his new self propelled artillery before he towed it off.
Not a Bot
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
Not a Bot
AG
This is just just lovely.

ATX_AG_08
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Wonder if we will get a photo of a captured kit at some point. My guess is expired in the mid-80s.
Ulysses90
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

MeatDr said:

Ag In Ok said:

Hmm. I know who doesn't have reliable night vision.

This is what I suspect this "white phosphorus" is being used for. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm not sure it's actually white phosphorus based on a few videos I've watched. It seems like the burning chemical is slowly floating to the ground and isn't really burning anymore by the time it reaches the ground. And we haven't actually seen any reports if people burned by it even though it's been used several different nights there.
The Speak the Truth podcaster says they used it in Afghanistan to spook the Taliban fighters by shooting them up randomly in the middle of the night.
The photos from Donetsk look like the Russian equivalent of the M825 "improved smoke" WP projectile. Instead of a bursting charge WP it is an expelling charge for a projectile filled with "felt wedges" impregnated with WP. It starts to burn on contact with the air. It will set just about anything on fire that it lands on but those are typically used to create a quick smoke screen. They smolder on the ground for a long time but they are easy to see because of the white smoke.

This is bursting WP.

This is the M825A1 used in Fallujah

Eliminatus
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Whoa.

France is gonna play a game of chicken with Putin. Sink a french warship on a humanitarian mission and see what happens.
I have seen a few snippets of Macron now over past couple of weeks. The man is PISSED about what is happening in Ukraine. Almost like he is taking it personally. His rhetoric as of late is basically that France has the largest and best trained military in Europe and it NEEDS to be doing something. That is my take from his verbiage and body language at least. I approve.

And the Poles, more than anyone else not in Ukraine right now, know EXACTLY what is at stake here. They are surging their military size and I cannot imagine anyone being more deadly serious about it than them at the moment. Between their own tortured history with Russia, they are receiving huge swathes of the displaced Ukes into their country. They are seeing with their own eyes the fallout of what a Russian madman is capable of. Not that they really needed a reminder.

We have been saying for a long time that Europe needs to fix this Europe problem. Well, they just may end up doing that after all. Especially if we guarantee protection from retaliatory strikes. At this point, I don't doubt that there will be involvement and probably sooner rather than later.
Not a Bot
AG
He seems to be the European leader most in contact with Putin as well. They've talked several times since the invasion started.
GAC06
AG
People here like to dog on the French but they probably have the most powerful military in Europe.
JFABNRGR
AG
Never knew what hit them. Died with hands still in pockets. Looks like indirect fire artillery or mortars. The one on top probably lived just long enough to embrace a loved one. RIP.

Probably not a military asset anywhere around. **** putin and those who commit such horror.
Nagler
AG
GAC06 said:

People here like to dog on the French but they probably have the most powerful military in Europe.

That's what everyone said in 1940.
Rossticus
I already have a dog
AG
Nagler said:

GAC06 said:

That's what everyone said in 1940.

Too soon
Rossticus
Conditions in Melitopol continue to deteriorate under Russian occupation.

ABATTBQ11
AG
wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

Maybe I'm a bad person, but if the civilian was going to attack him with the pitchfork, I can't condemn the pilot for defending himself.

Shouldn't have been there, and you don't get to start a fight and then claim self defense. AFAIC, it's murder, pitchfork or not, because he's an armed invader.
GAC06
AG
No they didn't
techno-ag
AG
Saw military trucks on 6 today in BCS, presumably from Ft. Hood headed to port. Probably means little but I haven't seen that since the last Gulf War.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Ag In Ok
AG
Wonder if the translation is off. When i hear civilian in this context. I think of a women or old old man.
JB!98
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

wangus12 said:

MeatDr said:

Shouldn't have been there, and you don't get to start a fight and then claim self defense. AFAIC, it's murder, pitchfork or not, because he's an armed invader.
I wonder if the Ukes are "interrogating" these guys like Saddam did our guys during the first gulf war. I seem to remember a USN A-6 BN that looked like he had the crap beat out of him doing a interview. Could have been the ejection, but I think I read where they "interrogated" him a bit.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Robk

This is how you call people out and not alienate them.
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
This account is a great follow, by the way.

They don't believe Russia is telling the truth about their objectives. Go figure.

First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.