***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,628,042 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
USA*** said:

Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagr.am/p/CbayW-9O5Vs

BLAST (PUN INTENDED) FROM THE PAST...

The PM M1910 is a medium machine gun that was used by the Imperial Russian Army during World War I and the Red Army during Russian Civil War and World War II. Later the gun saw service in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.

The Soviet Union manufactured more PM1910 Maxim guns and would keep them in service until the end of World War II, manufacturing more than 600,000 units. right up and including today
fify
Blackbeard94
AG
OwnWorstEnemy said:

Kremlin spox on CNN

Now, what's Putin's definition of an "existential threat"? THAT is the grand question.

And whose existence, Putzler's or Russia's?
MeatDr
AG
Robk
MeatDr said:

I am not a big gun person, but I can tell a jealous 10 year old's argument when I see it.
JFABNRGR
AG
MeatDr said:

Jeez. I guess the propaganda machine is running out of bull *****
GAC06
AG
Some Russians actually prefer water cooled WWI machine guns too
MouthBQ98
AG
There could be some truth to it, in some cases. If they give you an optic, you have to then train on it, maintain it, not lose it, etc.

Maybe at least some view irons as good enough.

It's been my rule for most of my arms. I like irons and peeps.
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/03/22/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .
Russia has withdrawn most of its helicopters from a strategic airport in Kherson, in southern Ukraine, according to satellite images analyzed by The Times, in what experts said could be a telltale sign of Russian military setbacks in the south of the country.

The removal of the equipment from the airport, evidenced by images captured by the space imaging company Planet Labs over six days, comes as the Ukrainian Army is pressing to retake lost territory in the Kherson region.

Kherson, a shipbuilding center east of Odessa on the Black Sea, was the first major city to be overwhelmed by Russian forces in the early days of the war. But Russia has failed to overtake the region as a whole.

Control over Kherson is essential to any effort to dominate the south broadly. The region, which lies just north of the Russian-controlled Crimean peninsula, stretches from the Black Sea coastline to the mouth of the Dnieper River.

Last week, Ukrainian forces attacked the Kherson airport, inflicting considerable damage to Russian equipment, which was clearly visible in satellite images and video of the aftermath. An image taken on Monday shows that previously visible aircraft had been removed, though Russian ground troops appear to still control the airport.

"The Ukrainian attack itself shows the vulnerability of the position, and the Russians may have decided that it's unwise to keep expensive aircraft parked there," Frederick W. Kagan, the director of the Critical Threats project at the American Enterprise Institute, wrote in an email. He said Russian forces appeared to have given up, at least for the moment, on taking Mykolaiv, a strategic city located on an inlet of the Black Sea, as well as other critical areas in southern Ukraine, like Odessa, a major economic and cultural center.
. . .

Planet Labs
ATX_AG_08
AG
wangus12
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

https://instagr.am/p/CbayW-9O5Vs
Love the first comment

Quote:

Probably trading the maxim for food. No low ballers, he knows what he has.
P.U.T.U
AG
You also have to remember that half the day is in the dark or low light conditions. It is extremely difficult or impossible to aim the black sights of an AK in these conditions and if you do it will take longer to acquire the target. One reason the Ukes own the night
Robk
ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
This war is like if Vietnam and Afghanistan had a baby.
ttu_85
ATX_AG_08 said:

This war is like if Vietnam and Afghanistan had a baby.
Not really. This war is much larger in scope, deployments and political stakes.
ATX_AG_08
AG
They're getting ambushed constantly by people who better know the terrain. Of course there are many differences as well.
EX TEXASEX
Looks like The Russians have almost 10,000 KIA and 16K wounded.

Not a Bot
AG
Saab and the Swedes hit it out of the park with the NLAW. I think it was co-developed by the Brits.

Cheap, portable, deadly, guided using a novel method, easy to pick up and use with minimal training.
TH36
Robk said:

Slava Ukraini!! What a kick ass video! **** Russia!
Not a Bot
AG
The Fall Guy
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Is this a smart move to say this and push Putin to go further?
txags92
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Whether it is "winnable" is entirely dependent on what you assume Putin's objective was, and what price he is willing to pay to achieve it.
YouBet
AG
Gonna be funny when Top Gun instructors in coming years are all Ukrainian as they are the only people on the planet who have been in actual visual dogfights since Vietnam.
Charpie
AG
I was flipping through the channel. The fighters from Chechnya are now fighting for Ukraine?!?
ATX_AG_08
AG
There's Chechens and about to be Belarusians fighting on both sides. Weirdest war ever.
Bottlerocket
AG
Charpie said:

I was flipping through the channel. The fighters from Chechnya are now fighting for Ukraine?!?

Seriously?? Hadn't seen that. Wow, if true. The chechens are nasty effers
Charpie
AG
CNN played a video of the Chechens flipping sides because they hate their puppet leader. Also mentioned that the Ukrainian army has Muslim units and are using them to talk to the Chechens.

Freaking crazy
ttu_85
Bottlerocket said:

Charpie said:

Seriously?? Hadn't seen that. Wow, if true. The chechens are nasty effers
And cant be trusted at all. They are trash
Not a Bot
AG
Chechnya is run by a puppet leader installed by Putin after the Chechen wars. His name is Ramzan Kadyrov. He's allowed to basically do whatever he wants in Chechnya, which is part of Russia but also a "independent republic" with special autonomy. Any time you see reference to "Kadyrovites" they are referring to his personal army. They are probably the most brutal and sadistic people on the battlefield right now.

A hell of a lot of them got wiped out near Kyiv in the first few days of the war.

A lot of factions still want Chechen independence from Russia and have vivid memories of what Russia did there. Chechnya is where Russia first tested the strategy they are applying in Aleppo and Mariupol.

Not surprising to see opposition Chechens joining the fight against Russia.
Bird Poo
AG
I really appreciate posts like these.
MeatDr
AG

Ag In Ok
AG
Nothing can happen until they turn buildings and civilians into dirt. From an officer to command - statements like this give me pause that Russia is still in the fight.
Charpie
AG
PearlJammin said:

I really appreciate posts like these.

Same!
PJYoung
AG
Robk said:

rgag12
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Captain Positivity said:

Is this a smart move to say this and push Putin to go further?

I think it's a pretty big leap that Putin, or anyone, listens to what someone associated with the UN says.

Plus, world leaders from all over the world have been telling him the war is "unwinnable" for 4 weeks for various reasons.
First Page Last Page
Page 375 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.